Waxing your busa

I use a product called clear cut then follow with liquid ebony, and then finish it off with sears craftsman wax. no swirls. Believe it or not, but the craftsman wax works awesome on black. And I use only soft towels (do not know name) that I buy from sam's that are made for detailing. they are kinda tacky to pick up lent.

I use a product called clear cut then follow with liquid ebony, and then finish it off with sears craftsman wax. no swirls. Believe it or not, but the craftsman wax works awesome on black. And I use only soft towels (do not know name) that I buy from sam's that are made for detailing. they are kinda tacky to pick up lent.

waxing is definatly a personal choice. I have tried just about everything over the course of my life.

Some of the best products I have found are offered at www.griotsgarage.com

The speed shine is some of the best I have used. It works great on other surfaces as well including formica counter tops and our black appliances.

For wax I bought some Collinite # 845 Insulator wax. This is used for auto, marine and aircraft use. Just wonderful stuff but have no idea where I bought it.

The key to a great shine is first using a paint cleaner. I have found that MeGuiars Deep Crystal paint cleaner works the best for me. Follow with a good wax and be done with it. An additional note: All Meguiar's products are great products and can be bought locally at any auto or department type stores.

hogger...

117_1749.JPG

i will put it this way 22 minutes start to finish the entire bike looks like it did when it left the show room floor yes it is a honda product but it works awesome go get some honda cleaner and wax spray can it will do wonders

The honda product is made by s100. At least it used to be. I used it on a Valkrie I had. I got rid of the valkerie and tried out a bmw K1200rs. The BMW dealer turned me on to the s100 products and carnuba. Carnuba wax doesn't last all that long but I think its great on a bike.

I use DuPont Ultra Premium Teflon Wax works good I figured since Dupont makes paint and Supplies they prolly know how to protect their paint.
wink.gif

I use a product called Ibiz and am very pleased with it. It does a great job of protecting your finish.
I agree that the only way to remove the swirls is to polish the finish. Once the desired look is achieved then you can seal it with the wax of your choice. Also if you have fallout on your paint (feels like sand paper when you slide your hand across it) you can use a clay bar. The only thing is that the clay bar will remove any finish on the paint. I've seen it make a black vehicle look pretty bad until you polish and wax.
BTW both the car and the Kaw look awesome!

Zaino, and it didn't take me two 8 hour sessions to achieve this. Maybe 20 minutes per coat...
wink.gif
The trick with black is not to get the swirls in the first place, which means nothing but Made in USA 100% white cotton towels and applicators, wash rags, and NO abrasives, period unless you're using them to remove defects from the paint.

IMG_1259.jpg
paint looks nice. It still has those ugly letters on the side though.

Zaino, and it didn't take me two 8 hour sessions to achieve this. Maybe 20 minutes per coat...
wink.gif
The trick with black is not to get the swirls in the first place, which means nothing but Made in USA 100% white cotton towels and applicators, wash rags, and NO abrasives, period unless you're using them to remove defects from the paint.
Paint looks good, but only because you keep up with it. Trust me though, if you keep using cotton towels, you will be polishing before you know it. Every time you touch your paint with a cotton towel, you are introducing marring. You may not see it now, but you will. If you want your bike to stay looking like it does in those pics, I suggest switching to microfiber towels.

By the way, the detail took 16 hours because it was in such bad shape, and also because I wanted the absolute best shine possible on it. It's also much quicker and easier to do a motorcycle tank than a whole car.

Back