Got a lil' freaky w/ my custom gipro install...

Only thing I could think of though is maybe a little black plastic hood to block or reduce the glare of the display on the interior of the screen...  Or does the glare just look bad in the pic without really being all that bad...
just the pic angle....no glare from a seated position.

OH and I got a new toy on the way... I'm fixing to share in a minute... Good looking install. I've seen the Displays placed in a lot of really BAD locations, way down outta the line of sight. this is the first one I think that actually is positioned right where you want it.

What I want is some programable shift lights, for both the RX and the Busa.

OH and I got a new toy on the way...  I'm fixing to share in a minute...  Good looking install.  I've seen the Displays placed in a lot of really BAD locations, way down outta the line of sight.  this is the first one I think that actually is positioned right where you want it.  

What I want is some programable shift lights, for both the RX and the Busa.
Programmable shift lights??? What's this?

Nice job. Now I will have to copy you.
biggrin.gif

Sweet, I just got the standard smart tre...kinda wish I'd gone GIpro...

ok what the h' is this?
rock.gif
hey gunz...it's a "combination" Gear Indicator/ATRE (advanced tre) and besides the obvious of being a killer gear indicator the coolness of it is this...

1. Many other "gear indicators" won't even work if you're also running a tre as the tre tricks the ecu into thinking it's in 5th all the time?..as the tre also tricks other brands of gear indicators in the same way as the tre affects the ecu where?...GIpro has not only figured out a way to make them work together... but offers their product as a combination gear indicator/atre..annd?...

2. Are programable...for brightness of gear indicator annnnnd..

3. What mode of tre you would like...and at the press of a button?..you can instantly switch between "No TRE Affect" too "5th Gear Map TRE" and "6th Gear Map TRE"...with the later recomended for suzuki's OTHER than the busa...the busa runs either stock map or 5th gear tre orrrrrr?......

4. "Programable Teach Mode"..and don't ask...as i haven't gotten there yet. LOL!....and not certain that i wanna go there....at the moment...on this early but lovely friday evening.
laugh.gif

anyways?...it's great gear...and now my only dilema is what to do with that $110 Ivans smart tre...that i just R&R'ed with the Gipro...he11....maybe i'll just donate it to the board and let rub auction it off for the good of mankind.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

Super clean install Jinkster,Looks awesome.Just curious though would this unit have a negative effect on a bike currently mapped with a pc3r to be specific?Thanks,Nick.

Super clean install Jinkster,Looks awesome.Just curious though would this unit have a negative effect on a bike currently mapped with a pc3r to be specific?Thanks,Nick.
no...it doesn't...as I understand it?...the pc's adjust the stock maps already programmed in the stock ecu..and the settings (adjustments made) in the pc are piggybacked onto the the ecu...across the board...as the ecu contains individual stock mapping for each and every gear and neutral...applying the 5thgear TRE affect tricks the ecu into thinking it's in 5th gear all the time.....but to answer your question?..no...no negative affects...just more (and readily and easily switched) "mode options"....annnd of course...a killer gear indicator.
biggrin.gif

VER Nice Install. now I know how I'M gonna do it! Sure hope she sends the send me money e-mail soon!

Jinkster,

I know you are a busy person but you really need to make a few of those up for us.

Very appreciated and paid for your time or donations to the board.

Let us know!

thumbs-up.gif

Back