Problem with my gipro install

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, so I finally got my GIpro from the group buy.

Went to install it last night and could not find ANY connectors that were white and three prong that the GIpro would plug into.

After looking for about 20 minutes I opted to try the black 3 prong connector that was identical to the GIPro connectors.

I plugged the GIPro in-line and went through everything.

The bike is running, I even drove it to work today, so if I unplugged the wrong plug, doesnt seem to be harming anything.

other than that, the GIPro just reads 0, it will not display any other numbers than 0.

I tried the learn option and that does not work either.

Is there a white plug and I just didnt find it?

Do I possibly have a deffective GIPro?

I have a PCIIIusb, could that be causing a problem?

BTW. I already called calsportbike and the guy recommended I try whatever forum I belong to for help, and then he said to contact the place in hungary but he said the techs are gone for another week..

So this kind of sucks...

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154974885 -->

Go here:

It the 6th picture down it's the connector just below the brown one - you can't really see the blue wire in this pic but trust me that's the one.

Here's a link showing where that brown connector is to give you an idea of where the one you need its.

It is under the tank right in front of the battery. Can you post a pic of the area under the tank so we can point you to the right cable? It has to be UNPLUGGED from another cable before you can connect it. You cannot see it as it is...because it is plugged into the ECU directly.

Oh dang.. lol. I must have it plugged into the wrong connector.. wonder why the bike is even running, much less road all the way to work without any indication..

Thanks guys.. as soon as I get home I will check it out. I dont remember seeing it, but at least I know where to look now...

any problems at all feel free
cool.gif

Just installed mine yesterday.  Actually, you'll be plugging the GI connectors into the TWO white disconnected ends of OE stock connection (next to brown prong)...plug in each of the appropriate ends of the GI into those.  Guess you have the battery hook up done correctly.

Let us know.  I posted here for about a minute yesterday regarding power issues (number fading) until I realized you had two have the red kill switch in the starting position to maintain power to the GI.  Duh!

Program it for 5th.

<!--EDIT|Over_Easy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154980750 -->

Just installed mine yesterday.  Actually, you'll be plugging the GI connectors into the TWO white disconnected ends of OE stock connection (next to brown prong)...plug in each of the appropriate ends of the GI into those.  Guess you have the battery hook up done correctly.
The connector is on the clutch side(left side) of the bike, just inside the frame.

Got it!! thanks for all the help.. it was hidden underneath the taped wires below the brown connector.. Works now!!

Thanks again...
biggrin.gif

Back