GiPro Indicator Plug

Fireman6615

Registered
Hey all, I've got a new GiPro coming tomorrow for my 06 Gen 1 and I'm trying to get all the pieces off the bike I need to so I can start the install when it gets here. I've read all the post here I could find regarding where the GiPro plugs into the wiring harness. I was looking under my tank last night trying to find it and didn't see it anywhere or was looking for the wrong thing. Is it under the tank or is it on the left side frame? If its on the left side of the frame do I need to pull that fairing off? I did see Pashnit had a photo posted in one of his posts and it looked like it was attached to the frame. I just didn't want to take off no more than I had too. Thanks, a quick picture would probably solve it for me. Thanks as always.

Remove the seat and lift the tank. It should be the large white plug on the left(clutch) side of the transmission right on top. The Gipro plugs inline with this plug and then you need constant power to the battery. I will make more sense once you have the Gipro in your hand.

Thanks Twotone, the GiPro actually came in a day early and I found the plug on the bike. I had no idea it was that far down, I was looking in the wrong place. Install was pretty easy, it took me longer to get that $#@& plug un-plugged that it did to tear the dash apart and install the GiPro. I haven't tried it out yet on the road yet, just started the bike and did a few shifts and it seemed to work OK.

Where and how did you end up mounting yours?
I had a hard time finding that plus also.

image-1115070416.jpg

image-1115070416.jpg

Mounted it like the photo above, I used a small piece of Velcro on the windshield for now. I may make a bracket later on and move it out some. Only problem I see with it mounted like the pic is you cant get to the button on the bottom to turn off the ATRE if needed.

Back