Got a lil' freaky w/ my custom gipro install...

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
so?...since my beloved dark smoke puig touring screen was just a tad too low up front to squeeze mine in on top of the gages?....and ain't willing to give up my puig?...yet wanted my gipro where i wanted it?..front and center...stationary...and not hiding any part of my other stock instrumentation?...i decided a 'lil custom install braketry work was in order...so?...I started out with a 3/4" wide by 6" long piece of 1/8th" alum. strip stock...and first formed a joggle into it to get the location up and over the gages..

GI1.jpg

then finished up the forming of the bends to get things where i wanted...

GI2.jpg

then I used the laid out and drilled bracket to line drill the plastic for (2) 1/8th" rivets....

GI3.jpg

then popped a couple rivets in...

GI4.jpg

then got'er wired up and functioning with the 5th gear mapping set....

GI5.jpg

and viola.....

GI6.jpg

where i wanted and the way i wanted...

sorta "particular" about things....aren't i?
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

I LOVE IT
cool.gif
Mine is coming today

<!--EDIT|thismonsterlives
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153510215 -->

Damn that thing is HUGE... Won't be any missing it.
thumbs-up.gif
I assume it dims at night right?

Nice post and you'll have to let us know how well it works.

Freaking awesome
cool.gif
 How about naming a price for the bracket
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|boribusa69
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153510879 -->

Damn that thing is HUGE...  Won't be any missing it.  
thumbs-up.gif
 I assume it dims at night right?  

Nice post and you'll have to let us know how well it works.
the "HUGE" display is just one of the many things i like about it...won't be any eye strain going on entering a curve with this baby!
biggrin.gif
and "what gear i'm in while entering a curve will always be in my "periphial"....cool shid indeed.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

Bill,

The bracket in pics 2 and 3 (silver) looks different than pic 4 (black)...did you cover/encase it with something?

Looks like you have plenty of leftover flooring from your bedroom job. If you plan on using it in the future I've been told to make sure and keep it in a relatively cool place (not sure how hot/humid your garage gets).

Freaking awesome
cool.gif
 How about naming a price for the bracket
rock.gif
well thanks much but...not sure i wanna get into that..however?..if there's enough demand for a GIpro bracket such as this i guess i could whip up a few dozen..got s bud who's local with a sheet metal shop...i'd bend'em up there..but only if there's a demand...it's to easy for diy'ers to just go ahead and do at home i think.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

cool.gif

teh gipro has 3 modes of tre and 9 levels of brightness...the first 8 levels do automatically self adjust to light conditions but level 9 is full bright all the time...what you're looking at in my pix is the default level of brightness.."level 4"...which sems plenty bright to me!
laugh.gif

Only thing I could think of though is maybe a little black plastic hood to block or reduce the glare of the display on the interior of the screen... Or does the glare just look bad in the pic without really being all that bad...

Back