GoPro on Syrian T-72

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Holy crap Batman:

What a shame to see a city destroyed. Some dismounts with RPG's and a tail shot could have put them down or at least broke a track until they could firebomb them...They'd need dismounted infantry to protect them. Some of those main gun rounds went point blank into those buildings....

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the direct link I'm watching it now it's over an hour...

Last edited by a moderator:
At the 41 minute mark, you'll see an RPG hit take the turret clean off a T72....

My heart aches for the land of my fathers fathers.....
I would be a liar if I said I wasn't cheering at the 41 minute mark.
Goosebumps and boiling blood I yelled......'Bashar you're a murderer take that!!!' when watching the attack from the side of the FSA.
That would be me and is members of my family there now on both sides still.

I cannot believe he has destroyed what it has taken all of time to create. Thousands of years of history and architecture are gone, never to be seen again due to him. What an absolute desolate wasteland that city is now. :(

That was very captivating. I'm exhausted after only watching the first video. Lots of others on the ANNA channel.

FREE SYRIA :please:

Check this one out. The guy at 3 minute mark in mini van had to be crappin his pants!
I cannot believe people are driving straight thru a full on tank battle!

Keith here's the same battle only this time filmed by the brave men of the FSA opposing those Gopro tanks.

At 4:00 mark you get an idea of why there is no flanking with RPGs going on.
At 11:00 and most importantly at 29:00 marks you get a good idea of what MEN vs TANKS would be like in an urban setting. That tank 'splodes' !!!!

People casually talk about the next revolution and civil war here. And most always say it could never happen because simple men cannot possibly stand up to modern technology and armored attacks. The video above proves that to not be true. And I think we here would have a much better go round as we are better armed with minds and material than the average Syrian was before the war started.

Saiid, I watched some of the others last night. While I'm certainly not a fan of the ANNA, I also have a problem supporting those guys on the other side when they yell Allah Akbar every 5 seconds in their video - because if they are aligned with Al Queda, I hope they die too. Having said that, I also understand the opposition is heavily fractured and divided. I do not want the successors of Assad to be Muslim Extremists - look at Egypt for example.

The only reason the ANNA appears to win these engagements is because the people they are fighting are severely outgunned (and not very smart). The ANNA's tactics are sh*t; their personnel seem incompetent, and tactically they are extremely vunerable to an enemy who actually knew how to fight armor in a built-up area. With the right tools, I'd mine the daylights out of their approach routes, targeting the track so the tank becomes immobile, and molotov cocktail the living daylights out of a disabled vehicle. You get a big enough fire started on a disabled tank, and it's done.

It's a shame to watch them destroy cities, homes and lives whole. That's a lot of indescriminate tank fire that really serves no purpose other than to inflict suffering....

P.S. I didn't see what you were getting at when mentioning the 4 minute mark - Can't tell if the infantry running behind the tank were Syrian or insurgent (from the sound of it, they were insurgent); but they could have put an IED/sachel charge on those tanks and didn't. The 29 minute mark where they got a RPG off on the roof of the tank (Normally the thinnest and most vunerable part of a tanks turret) was exactly what I was talking about - that's how you'd fight armor in a urban setting - because the ANNA does not appear to have the infantry to protect the tanks...in that setting, the tanks only option is to keep moving so as to not give RPG teams the chance to set them up...

Back