The hypocrisy of the anti-gun crowd exposed (video)

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Everyone knows there was an emotional youtube video where a bevy of Hollywood "stars" in the wake of Sandy Hook, using the emotion of the event to make a pitch for new and more extreme gun control.

Someone took that video, and inserted clips of those same 'stars' in their violent, gun and killing-filled scenes that helped make them said 'stars'. The first video was unpublishable to the .org because of foul language. In it, these same 'stars' are seen for the hypocrites they really are. One scene in particular grabs/sickens me the most, where Cameron Diaz is pointing a gun at the head of a child. I consider threatening children to be crossing the taboo line. We should NEVER allow threatening children to be part of a director's "creativity" and have First Amendment protections. Shame on who?

Enough people asked that the language be removed so that the video could be disseminated to a wider audience who would lose the message due to the messenger (the language); here it is. Warning: Scenes of gratuitious violence which, while PG13, will be offensive to some (including me), but I think it sends a powerful message straight back down Hollywood's throat that their "creativity" and "art" are chock full of unintended consequences. Before there is ANY talk of a gun ban, how about a 10-year trial 'ban' on this kind of violence on TV, Video Games and Movies? Oh, wait, that would be a violation of the First Amendment.

Mods: Feel free to discuss/pull it if you think it's too much for the .org. IMHO I don't think it crosses the .orgs lines.

Gun control is a tight 3-round shot group...

Last edited by a moderator:
Seen it somewhere :whistle:

There was a bit of confusion at the sporting goods store this morning. When I was ready to pay for my purchases of ammo, the.cashier said, "Strip down, facing me."
Making a mental note to complain to my congressman about the gun lobby people running amok, I did just as she had instructed.
When the hysterical shrieking and alarms finally subsided, I found out that she was telling me how to insert my credit card into the card reader.
I have been asked to shop elsewhere in the future. I think they need to make their instructions to us seniors a little clearer!

Sadly, hypocrisy is only one unfortunate attribute of the anti gun groups. Their short sightedness is also remarkable , they seem to miss entirely the correlation of their drum beating to increased guns sales. I don't believe that it dawns on them that they trigger so much expansion. Is it just me that thinks that if we could focus more on enforcing the laws that we have, people would be safer, and leaving our Constitution alone would let things settle down a bit???

I see what ur sayn but it is Hollywood. Ive watched plenty of stars make movies pertaining to bank robberies and police pursuits but that doesnt mean the stars support people robbing banks or running from the police.

lets face it were a nation of guns and America loves their guns so if that's what entertains people on the big screen then then that's what entertainers do. they entertain.

but I do see ur point.

I see what ur sayn but it is Hollywood. Ive watched plenty of stars make movies pertaining to bank robberies and police pursuits but that doesnt mean the stars support people robbing banks or running from the police.

lets face it were a nation of guns and America loves their guns so if that's what entertains people on the big screen then then that's what entertainers do. they entertain.

but I do see ur point.

The above would be true, until THEY used their 'star status' to make a political statement....

but I do see ur point.
I also see your point, but I think both sides are missing the important fact. All of this violence in the movies, video games and re-spawning in video games desensitizes our countries citizens to the truth and cost of dying. Children die hundreds of times a week playing their video games but this still get to eat dinner and go to bed every night. Dying is a game to them with no real consiquence. I believe this was the point of this video. IMHO

Violence in movies makes money, there are other ways, but it'll usually do well. $$$$$ in the bank from say 50% of the population.

Pandering to the soccer moms and media who hate guns usually does pretty, future $$$$$ money in the bank from the other 50%.

Im sure they do care for people as a whole and dont want kids to die, but its mostly self promotion in the end.

but I do see ur point.

They are not supporting it they are glorifying it. And that is the problem. Tom Cruises new movie Jack Reacher is non stop glorification of violence and young folks as well as ones with easily impressionable minds see things like this and think it ok or normal. That's wrong.
When was the last time a love story was a box office smash and number one weeks on end?
Nowadays it's always got to be whoever kills the most, destroys the most expensive cars or whoever has most sexiest women that wins the oscars and that's sad.

They are not supporting it they are glorifying it. And that is the problem. Tom Cruises new movie Jack Reacher is non stop glorification of violence and young folks as well as ones with easily impressionable minds see things like this and think it ok or normal. That's wrong.
When was the last time a love story was a box office smash and number one weeks on end?
Nowadays it's always got to be whoever kills the most, destroys the most expensive cars or whoever has most sexiest women that wins the oscars and that's sad.

TITANIC :whistle:

:spank: lol.... I dont disagree that Hollywood sensationalizes violence to draw crowds. MMA fights are violent to and draw crowds but if an MMA fighter made a stand against Domestic Violence would we say "U fight for a living so how could you be against beating the chit out of ur wife when u get mad?"

lets face it, guns are what criminals use to committ crimes. I hardly think that criminals use guns to committ crimes because they seen them in Hollywood movies....:whistle: look at the movie "The Town". it involved lots of guns with bank robberies but it was based on a true story. great movie with lots of violence but its a true depiction of how crimes are committed here.

do criminals commit crimes with knives and bats? sure, but its pretty rare. street robberies, bank robberies, car jackings, home invasions, store robberies, domestic murders, cop killings, burglaries, drive-by's, school killings, spree murders, murder for hire, etc.... almost always take place with GUNS.

Hollywood making movies about the realities that take place in our country every single day in every single state is simply factual. just because an actor participates in a movie using a gun doesnt mean he or she supports that every Tom, Diick and Harry should have a gun. so if a Hollywood actor played a role of a terroist would that mean they support terrorism?

if an actor uses cocaine in a movie roll does that mean he or she supports illegal drug use???? again, its a reality in our society that drug use is everywhere but it doesnt mean they support people becomming coke-heads.

But we aren't really talking about criminals are we? We are talking about those unexplained folks that for no reason go and shoot up a movie theatre dressed as the joker or the kid that goes to college for retribution or the latest incident to kill innocent children..... Where do kids get the ideas that life is meaningless? Where do they get the ideas that you can just take it out on whoever you want?

Criminals have been around since the beginning of time, guns have been around for a long time too so I ask again as I have in other threads why now, why have we seen such an influx of needless killing. We all know criminals will mug you for your wallet with a bat, we all know gang killings happen with knives, bats and guns but the real question is what is pushing people to feel the need to kill innocence?

I think we all can see that EVERYONE is desynthesized to some point if you watch TV or movies... Is it the guns we need to ban or the violence on TV and movies? I just find it humerous that all those actors and actresses stand on TV for a commercial and ask when is enough... That to me is the same as Ronald McDonald standing on TV and asking when is childhood obesity enough? A mixed message for sure...

To add one point, the only thing that would be better would be if those hollywood folks would shrug their shoulders and throw their hands up and make those same comments... They act like they have no idea why guns are so popular...

I can't stop here....

My oldest son now has Xbox Live... I would not let him have it when he lived at home, even when he was 17. He is 18 and out of the house so he pays for his own access now. During his time here at the house back from college for the holidays he was playing call of duty online. He asked me to play (Be a target) and we got online with about 20 other people from all overt the world... I noticed something there that was like a lightbulb to me... Remember the days playing Atari (you know you do) or Mario and you had 3 lives, only 3.... You got as far as you could and you were very very cautious with what you had, you didn't take any chances or make a bad move because you knew you would have to start over...

When I played Call of Duty online I started out in a low crawl pie'ing doorways and peeking corners to see if there was anyone on the other side. In the mean time someone would run up behind me and shoot me in the back.... I would respawn somewhere else on the screen and the same thing would happen. There were no tactics, really no strategy just kill as many as you can while running around the kindergarten room. I was amazed that my son didn't get this... I told him that there was no real strategy to it, if you were a good shot and you could shoot on the run then you had a pretty good chance to "win".... There were no consequences to being killed, no starting over or having to work hard.... I would compare it to playing PacMan with no maze.. Just run around and eat dots and don't touch a ghost.... No way to get trapped but always a way to get back...

Cap

Think they would do better doing PSA on gun safety, like if you have a nut case kid lock your guns in a safe with a combination or give someone the guns to hold while you sort your evil nutcase spawn.

I can't stop here....

My oldest son now has Xbox Live... I would not let him have it when he lived at home, even when he was 17. He is 18 and out of the house so he pays for his own access now. During his time here at the house back from college for the holidays he was playing call of duty online. He asked me to play (Be a target) and we got online with about 20 other people from all overt the world... I noticed something there that was like a lightbulb to me... Remember the days playing Atari (you know you do) or Mario and you had 3 lives, only 3.... You got as far as you could and you were very very cautious with what you had, you didn't take any chances or make a bad move because you knew you would have to start over...

When I played Call of Duty online I started out in a low crawl pie'ing doorways and peeking corners to see if there was anyone on the other side. In the mean time someone would run up behind me and shoot me in the back.... I would respawn somewhere else on the screen and the same thing would happen. There were no tactics, really no strategy just kill as many as you can while running around the kindergarten room. I was amazed that my son didn't get this... I told him that there was no real strategy to it, if you were a good shot and you could shoot on the run then you had a pretty good chance to "win".... There were no consequences to being killed, no starting over or having to work hard.... I would compare it to playing PacMan with no maze.. Just run around and eat dots and don't touch a ghost.... No way to get trapped but always a way to get back...

Cap

Cap, this is the exact point of my post. Life no longer has value to anyone because you just respawn.

You know, we all had guns when we were kids (before all the heavy, gory indisciminate killing on TV); I mean, even Gunsmoke had killing, but the Good Guy Sherriff Matt Dillon didn't shoot the bad guy unless he had no other choice and was threatened, and always appeared remorseful afterwards. In Fact, EVERY TV show I remember, the good guy killing someone was always the last resort, and there was always some level of remorse shown. Nowadays, there's no remorse, there's just 'glory' in it. I grew up knowing that guns could kill, but the LAST thing I ever thought about was that it would be "FUN"...that appears to be lost - and it shows in the way we treat each other on the street, on the internet, in these new video games, on TV, etc. etc.

Here's what it comes down to - the disintegration of the family unit. Without a solid, loving family - a father and mother to properly raise the child and teach them morals, ethics, and to guide them away from senseless violence in video games, TV and movies, the child is left to his own to determine good and evil. Video games especially teach children that evil is fun without real consequence (as Cap mentioned). In fact, you are rewarded for your cruelty. In schools, the child brags to his/her friends about the killing. It becomes a badge of honor and REAL honor is a complete mystery to the child. Guns have been around a lot longer than the senseless killings that take place in our "modern" society. What has changed is children are allowed to raise themselves with parents being either too busy or a broken family where the child doesn't have the proper male and female role models.

The Prophet Isaiah foretold of a time such as we are beginning to experience now...

And I will give children to be their princes, and babes shall rule over them. And the people shall oppress one another, every man his fellow, and every man his neighbor; the child shall behave insolently against the aged, and the base against the honorable,

Just saying...

I can't stop here....

Cap

everyone here has heard me say it im sure...you now understand what i have been saying for years of what i call the "xbox" generation. win at all cost, humiliate at all times

Back