Tsukigi Slip On pics for you guys

jpowell490

Registered
Hey Guys,

I bought some Tsukigi Cannon slip ons and wanted to post up some pics. I have seen and heard a few videos with the full system, but none with slip ons. I have a video of start up and a few quick revs, but Youtube and my video are not getting along well for some reason and I can't get it uploaded. It is only about a minute and a half long, but 365mb. Let me know if anyone knows a place I can host it. Here are the pics.

If you click on the pic it will come up to SUPER high res you could read the serial off my frame probably :rofl: Nice Canon SLR 15 mp camera. :laugh: I will post the pics, if you want to see the real large version, the links will be below. Click those, then click the pic again and it will come up large.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r125/jason490/2008 Suzuki Hayabusa/IMG_1178.jpg?t=1269191616

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r125/jason490/2008 Suzuki Hayabusa/IMG_1177.jpg?t=1269192079

Holy pics batman, I had them up here and they are HUGE

Last edited:
The Tsukigi Cannons are a really nice pipe and they look great on your bike :thumbsup:

I would think Photobucket should give you the option to either resize or copy & paste from a choice of sizes like Flickr does :dunno:

Anyways...thanks for the share!

Oh on another note,

They didn't come close to fitting properly either. They mount up fine, but the space between the slip on and the mid pipe is about 1/4 inch which isn't good.

I had to put silicone around it and tighten a hose clamp down pretty tight to get it to halfway seal. Going to look and see if I can't redo that with something.

I tried putting a reducer on them and that seemed to work until I mounted it and that didn't work out either. So if someone knows a good way to attach them to the pipe let me know. I need some good clamps and something to bridge that gap. I cannot believe they didn't come with something to make them fit properly.

They are LOUD AS HELL..... I have never had a pipe hurt my ears with my helmet on, but these do. Do they sound good? Sure they do, it is an acquired sound I think as I am used to the normal Muzzy, Yosh, etc. sound. They are fantastic quality and great sound, I just need to find something to mount them right in my mind.

Just curious if you used the OEM gaskets that were inside your OEM slip-ons. If there is a problem with them call Tsukigi as well. There stuff seldomly does not fit right.

Well the bike had Micron slip ons on it when I got it and they fit perfectly. So I am not sure I could answer that. The Tsukigi came with NOTHING, no gaskets, no flanges, nothing except two bolts for the rear hangers of course and the springs.

i just put the cannon slip-ons with vance and Hines header i had the same problem had to use the stock clamps and gaskets mounted up just fine. however the instructions that came with them said i didn't have to use the clamps or gaskets but the packing slip didn't include new gaskets or clamps but all is good now. :beerchug:

Mine fit perfect right out of the box.............

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

Aussie,

Did yours come with the clamps at the bottom where the mid pipe connects? I am a little pissed, I just contacted the store that sold them to me and they said there was a hole in my box before they shipped but they assumed all parts were there :banghead:

I hate stuff like that, piss poor attention to detail.

If I remember, there were sleeves on the stock mids and I re-used them, but not sure. I'm headed out to the garage now............

There is a fiber type sleeve there, but I don't remember if they were on the old pipes or not. Look at your old mid-pipes, is there a sleeve in there? I think I remember removing them to re-use. Because I was careful to not damage them.

Nah nothing, thanks for checking for me, I appreciate it. I guess the original owner took them off and didn't replace them. Oh well, guess I will have to get some from somewhere.......

Thanks again:beerchug:

For some reason with the exposed welds I think they look....unfinished. I bet they sound good though.

Back