Good ride to Datona and back with group members

Relsek

Registered
Diesel and his wife, Gypsy Joker and his wife met me and a bunch of folks from Lakeland this morning at 7:00, here are some pics.

First stop, as the sun was rising in Groveland. The temp at the time was cool, I would guess in the high 60's

DCP_0028.JPG

After a great ride on great roads through the forest, we stopped on the other side, not far from Ormond Beach.

On the left is Gypsy Joker, his is the blue busa, Diesel and his wife are on the right in front of the red one.

DCP_0040.JPG

flynjay met us at the restaurant, the Ocean Deck in Daytona beach. He had the parking lot clear for us. What a good man.

DCP_0043.JPG

It didn't take long to become tired of the freak show on Main street Daytona Beach so we rode to Daytona Speedway.

somewhere on the way we lost two bikes. the R1 and the cruiser. We don't know what happened to them. I'm sure they'll make it home though.

DCP_0061.JPG

Here is the only decent pic I got of all four of our bikes. From left to right the Busas are mine (kevin), diesel's, gypsyjoker's and flynjay's. the katana in the back belongs to GJ's wife, she is "the kat's meow"

DCP_0069.JPG

Jay left us there (just above the ONF) and the three of us drove back south alone. We also lost all the 600's they said they wanted to take the interstate and stop in Orlando. I think they just didn't like the busas leaving them behind.

Anyway, we headed south and stopped in the town of Tavares for some ice cream.

DCP_0071.JPG

Last picture from me. Our last stop was in the town of Tarrytown. We split up there, the four of them went west and I went south. I had a nice 22 mile strech of good highway with no intersections. That was nice.

DCP_0075.JPG

I'm also green with envy ... I'm still riding, but its in the 40s here ... I'd love some 60 degree weather !!
Thanks for the pics.

cool.gif
It was a great day and a good ride with some awesome peeps~ Thanks, Kevin, for leading the way~ Big thanks to FlyinJ for setting us up with good parking and a great lunch! It was good to meet you all... finally~ We've got some pics on our camera, but will have to get them off, edit them, and post them on my host site~ Then I'll get them posted~ More then likely it will be tomorrow... I'm too damn tired to deal with it all right now~ Think we'll just do dinner and hit the sack for some good sleep!
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|GJoker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098576074 -->

I'm also green with envy ... I'm still riding, but its in the 40s here ... I'd love some 60 degree weather !!
Thanks for the pics.
You're going to hate me but, the 60's was before the sun came up. Actual temp today was around 84 degrees. The breeze of the coast was strong so the weather was nice.
smile.gif

Very nice ride. Thanks Kevin for leading. The Ocalla forest was awesome, The sun blinking throught the trees and all.. wish we could have got some action shots. Gotta invest in a camera mount.
cool.gif
But that was the best 400 some miles I've put on that bike.
biggrin.gif

Daytona was very crowded downtown. We walked about 2 blocks, and said that's enough of that and walked back. But some nice bikes, and some freaks to look at. Thanks FlynJay for meeting us for lunch. That view was awesome!!

Now dinner and a movie and I'm passin out!
blush.gif

So Uh Who's riding tomorrow?
laugh.gif
I'm going to check and see what Raider is doing...

Just got back in from another ride.......We had a group of 500 or so sport bikes just roll down Main Street. Wow, what a sight. Really you should have seen the looks from all the HD guys. Forgot my camera...darnit. There were enough bikes to stretch across one of the highrise bridges...to put it into a perspective.

Had a great time today we you guys.....good to finally put some names to faces. Sounds like you had a good ride home.

We will have to do this again during bike week this spring, hopefully we will get more people.

Jay

Back