Going on real Ghost hunt this weekend!!

Shot from outside building, not sure what is up in that window

P8201366__Medium_.JPG

saw something that look like eyes that kept moving, took pic withou flash

P8201372__Medium_.JPG

kept seeing something move in upper middle window, white shape, not sure if the white shape is the same. Looks bigger in picture. Still looks cool though.

P8201375__Medium_.JPG

wow that was awsome... the room weith the kid and that he was rolling the ball or what not was kind of creepy it gave me goose bumps!

Great write up!!!  I feel that I'm like you, not necessarily believing in the paranormal (in fact, I usually completely dismiss it), but watching Ghost Hunters has gotten me interested...I like how they debunk so much because that resembles "logical Michelle", but then you see things that just make the hair on your arms go up, sends chills and you sit there thinking "no, that's not really happening"...  
wow.gif
Then of course, I'm reminded it is a TV show and of course I can't just believe what I'm seeing...I'm one that likes answers in person  
smile.gif

So, yeah, because of that show, I heard about Waverly...seeing that you were going just got me more excited about seeing if there's truth to the unexplained there, or the fact that I could just as easily walk away "logical Michelle" after being there  
smile.gif

Your write up gives me chills...I'm not a believer in the orbs caught on film; they could be anything...but, hearing all that you saw and experienced, well, I'm completely interested in going.  Did you and your group get the entire place to yourself?  Sounds like it...we'll be calling sometime in January to book a night.  Glad the experience was good, and I believe I'll experience exactly what you alluded to - lots of sadness.  The history of the place is tragic.  I'm not one of those that would go there thinking about much beyond what's happened there and why there might be unexplained events going on, so nothing but respect for the place...

I'd love to see more pics!  Glad you enjoyed your trip  
beerchug.gif

smile.gif

Yeah, We had access to the whole place. Tina, the owner was really nice. She tried to talk to my friend about what happened to him. She has had some things happen sort of like that and so has other people, but they do not talk about the negative stuff. Would be bad for business I guess. I like the show TAPS too because most of the time they can prove that the hauntings are not real. I would say 95% of what people think are ghosts are not. I go into old houses all the time. I have seen some crazy stuff, but most of the stuff you see is caused by faulty wires, drafts, and just old house noises. I brought a sensor with me to Waverly, the first floor has power now but upper floors do not. There is one wire however upstairs that is live and it powers a light up on top. Most of what you see there is not on those floors. Tina, the owner would not go in a few areas. I, of course went straight for them. She hates the tunnel. She hates the room near where my friend got scratched. She actually hates the whole first floor. She said the mean ones are there. The areas where the children where are the most active. There are alot of short shadow people and they seem to like to play and follow you. You get alot of emotional feelings there that don't seem to be your own (that is the only way I can describe it). I thought I would be scared but I felt comfortable in the building. Even though weird stuff happens constantly. I could not even describe every event, it would be easier to tell you guys when things did not happen. I was able to figure out some where just "old building stuff", some was bats, and some was just the in ability to focus your eyes sometimes. I do believe in the paranormal, but I do not go out wanting to just believe that it is all "ghosts". Like you Michelle, I think about it as logically as you can. There was so much tradegy there that it is almost like some of the stuff is lingering. I think it is like an old peice of film, and is recorded in the building. I am not overly sensitive to that kind of stuff but you can feel things there. You see alot of black images that are almost in your face. You can't see through them, they have shape, form and move in unusual ways. they change direction and will follow you are peak around corners at you. Some have faces, some have whole bodies, some just look like blobs. the orb I siad hit my wife, looked more like a blob of really dark smoke like stuff. It was about 3 feet acrost and had a blue light in it. It went by my friend and her and hit her arm, she screamed and it reacted to the scream and flew in a zig zag motion and disappeared. If someone can debunk that, please do. Three people saw the that happen. None of that really scared us, more startled us. You do not get a feeling of fear there. It is kind of weird. My wife gets scared watching a scary movie and she was alright the whole time. The owner told us that she does not remember anyone going through the building on a all night tour that can say that something is still left in the building and that it is explainable.

I wish I could have got more detailed pics but it is really hard to get the stuff happening on film. Things happen so fast and constant. It is so dark and evertime you are sure you got something, you didn't. I almost put the cameras away and said heck with it.

I called my friend last night. He could not sleep. He is still messed up from what happened. He is not up for ever doing something like that again, atleast not soon. He could not sleep, was overly depressed and said had been sick and throwing up. All of us that where there have felt really depressed and I still feel weird. Just have a sad feeling that was not there before. It is not as bad today. I listened to the digital recorder of the actual event and it is scary sounding. Whatever happened it seemed to follow us afterward to the fifth floor. It talked a few times and had a gaspy breath like someone with a breathing issue gasping for air. I am sure we have alot on the recorder. I have over 8 hours of recordings. My camera that has two batteries that I use constantly and have not had to charge in months of use was fully charged and was almost out of power when we left. My bran new 3,000,000 candlelight spot light lasted seconds, my cell phone was dead, and so was one camera. My hard drive sonycam was drained to half within minutes. Batteries do not last in that place. I will see what else I have got and hopefully get some more stuff up on site soon.

Vabusa, if you do go there, let me know. I plan to go back. I want to buy a thermal camera though. I also want to get more recorders to leave running in some spots.

I'm definitely up for a trip there...looks like 2008 is going to be the best time for myself and a coworker. We haven't even mapped out how far the trip is, but we know we want to go...

I've never done anything like that in my life; now's a good time to see what the fuss is all about
smile.gif
And if you do some looking around different msg boards, you'll see that most say their equipment doesn't last, cameras fail, batteries ALWAYS go south very quickly. It's interesting to note. I'm thinking I'll just go along for the ride, not worry about taking snapshots or video, though my cohort is a huge photography fan, so she'll no doubt come with every gadget you can think of
laugh.gif

Cool to hear from someone that went with no set expectations...I think that's the best way to be, and let the rest fall in to place. I do hope your friend feels better soon...it's a shame he left with such feelings...
sad.gif
Everyone else that went feeling okay? Aside from the overwhelming sadness of the place?

Sounds like a very intresting night you had there. I would love to go sometime I'm just not sure I could get my wife to join me.

Great write up, thanks for sharing!!! Hope you friend gets over his experience soon, so he can maybe go back and try facing it again.

Dude,,, that ...is.... freakin.... AWESOME!!!
I mean, not that your friend is feeling bad... but that you got to see all that activity. I read every page of that Waverly Website. I can imagine that there is some powerful emotions in that building.

I would LOVE to go there... maybe that'll be a vacation choice sometime soon. I just don't know if I would be strong enough to be there for long. But I'd sure give it a shot.

Thanks for the great write up and the pics.. hope you are getting some rest. Hope your friend is feeling better.

LadyHawk...my coworker and I are formulating a tentative plan for sometime in 2008 (how exact is that?!)

...want in?
biggrin.gif
She's all over doing what Fate did and getting the whole place to ourselves...hrmmm...

Tell santa clause i said hi if you see him, and also to the Leprachaun when you run in to him tell him i love those Lucky Charms........
jump9.gif

Anyone have any audio software they would recommend to review and seperate out my 8 some odd hours of digital recordings with?

Back