Goin to the Dark Side!

I'm not really knocking HD as much as I think the cost per performance ration pretty much sucks. It's best you get what YOU LIKE of course like we all are saying, but politely warning you it costs a lot more to get less.
sad.gif
On something else you could have the bike tour on it AND take the wife on 2 cruises with the left overs.

I hope you don't leave the site after you get your new ride! Post up pics and let us enjoy it with you
biggrin.gif

Thanks mjn. I'll be joining you for a ride when I'm back on the road. Cycle Barn sells at MSRP, but I know they tack on a few "other" charges, so I'd like to find a few other dealers to compare them against.

wink.gif

Don't get me wrong guys, the Busa was great! I do, however, have to consider my wife and boys here too. The Mrs. told me a few days ago, (after the wreck) that her biggest fear with the Busa, everytime I took it out she worried that it might be the last time she'd see me.
Yeah But the HD is far more dangerous than any sportbike. Safety is up to the rider sure, but when things go wrong at least on a sportbike you have the handling, braking, or power to get you through. On an HD or other cruiser your sort of screwed, you have allready limited your options via reduced lean angle, shifty brakes, and massive weight.

Just a thought bro, like mjn said I don't care what your on, I'd ride with ya.

Did I not read enough of your post and miss whether this was a replacement or just an addition? The only person that really has to be concerned about what you ride is you. If a Hardley is what you want to ride do it and enjoy. We'll give you the appropriate ribbing, but you'll still be part of the family!

Thank guys!
biggrin.gif
I still feel the love!
wink.gif
I'll stick around. You're all like a big extended family!

Psst! Can I come over for a BBQ?
rock.gif
tounge.gif

beerchug.gif

I was checking out the new screaming eagle V-Rod the other day and saw the $30K price tag, Ouch!

Yet the salesman was trying to justify it to me saying how nice it is and hw much power and great handling it has. Then i told him that it "was" a decent handling bike till they swapped in that 250 rear tire, i also asked him if he's ever ridden over 200miles with billet grips.
I like the look of billet grips but they're impractical. It would be like a billet seat.

Thanks mjn.  I'll be joining you for a ride when I'm back on the road.  Cycle Barn sells at MSRP, but I know they tack on a few "other" charges, so I'd like to find a few other dealers to compare them against.

wink.gif

Don't get me wrong guys, the Busa was great!  I do, however, have to consider my wife and boys here too.  The Mrs. told me a few days ago, (after the wreck) that her biggest fear with the Busa, everytime I took it out she worried that it might be the last time she'd see me.
Yeah But the HD is far more dangerous than any sportbike.  Safety is up to the rider sure, but when things go wrong at least on a sportbike you have the handling, braking, or power to get you through.  On an HD or other cruiser your sort of screwed, you have allready limited your options via reduced lean angle, shifty brakes, and massive weight.  

Just a thought bro, like mjn said I don't care what your on, I'd ride with ya.
Good point Rev....The lean angle, braking, and the ability to get out of a tight situation is limited on any HD.

You ride these machines with a completely different mindset. You don't push the envelope with one.....unlike our bikes, you quickly reach the outer limits on one.

Be safe.

hrmm...

I guess as long as you're happy, bro....that's all that really matters. I can't see myself on a Harley, but I have owned a cruiser at one point.

While the ride was pretty laid back and stuff, it just didn't "do it" for me. I dunno...just didn't have that ear-to-ear grin like I did with the Busa.

As for the Casio or the Rolex, I'll take a GUESS watch anytime. Never really liked Rolex, never cared much for Casio.

All in all, I'm with Rev on this one....just give yourself more time to really think about what would be a good choice for ya.

Back