Dark Visors?

I have a dark visor and carry a clear on in my tank bag, inside a sock no scratches that way on an 80.00 mirror finish!!! Damn RX7 anyway:moon:

Shoei helmet has a visor you can change in seconds.. I just carry my clear visor if worried about getting caught out after dark..

+1, same here. I love the dark during the day (bright in the Las Vegas area).

There is a sling that goes over your shoulder that holds the other visor under either your left or right arm (your choice). It fits comfortably. It's also fun to see everyone step back when you unzip your riding jacket because the visor holder looks like a concealed gun holster :laugh: Actually, I worry about that 'look' when you open your riding jacket, but nonetheless, the point being, it's very simple to carry both a dark and clear visor and swap them out quickly on the Shoei helmets.

I have dark window tint on all of my cars, so I am used to not being able to see as well at night. I have a clear shade, but it came off as soon as I bought my helmet and I put on the smoked on. Day or night, it doesn't matter. Smoked is the only way to go.

I just use the dark smoke visor at all times. I wind up riding quite a bit before daylight and have got used to it (it's really not that bad). I also tend to use other car lights to compliment the situation (ride a safe distance behind another vehicle).

D

I use a dark visor 99% of the time only on known road. When I travel I use a light smoke visor. I never carry extra visors.

I have the Scorpion EXO with the flip down tinted visor. I wish it was a bit darker, but it works OK.

I ride with sunglasses under a clear visor. At night I just take the sunglasses off. I got tired of switching the visors.

I ride with dark visor and keep a set of work clear safety glasses in the trunk. If it gets dark I ride with the safety glasses on and dark visor up. If I start out on on a night ride from home, I just wear the other helmet that has a clear visor on.

wow. thats what i do also

My eyes are sensitive to the light so during daylight hours I wear a pair shades and when the sun goes down the shades come off but I keep my visor down. Helps to cut back on the lights (street & cars etc.) and I can still see great.

I ride with dark visor and keep a set of work clear safety glasses in the trunk. If it gets dark I ride with the safety glasses on and dark visor up. If I start out on on a night ride from home, I just wear the other helmet that has a clear visor on.

that's an excellent idea, takes up a lot less space than carrying another shield.

Also, you guys that ride at night with any kind of tint on your shield are really sacrificing night vision, you should reconsider. Don't want to see anyone hurt, even with HIDs a dark shield may give away that last little bit of reaction time to spotting a deer on a country road...

Blue

Back