Question for people who wear contacts

FloydV

Donating Member
Registered
Do you guys end up wearing sunshades or do you prefer a dark visor. If I want to use a dark visor, I have to unscrew two screws and replace the visor which takes more time on my helmet than you might think. So do you wear shades or leave a dark visor on all the time, or swap between visors?

Are there any helmets out there with quick change visors or other solutions that I'm overlooing?

Dark visor is the best! I went for a long time fumbling around with sunglasses, but it's more trouble than it's worth.

Finally opted to buy a tinted shield and I love it! Pain to swap out on my helmet, but worth it!!!
cool.gif

So far, I've just kept my dark visor on, so obviously just riding during the day, 'eh? I didn't get the darkest visor, I got a smoked one. It's been great...

I use sunglasses. I have considered getting a dark visor, but I commute to work in the morning while it is still dark & would have to switch visors every day to ride home. It is very easy to switch them on my Icon Mainframe, but I know that if I have to carry them in the tank bag & switch them twice a day I will end up with scratched and broken visors. Just my $0.02!
cool.gif

I use a mirrored visor day and night . It's really not that bad at night .

Yeah, I agree BusainSD, it's really up to how and when you ride...if you're a regular commuter, it might not work out as well to keep the dark one on...I've found that even on cloudy days, my smoked visor works just fine...just don't think I'd want it at night!

Don't know about other states, but dark glasses and visors are illegal at night in South Dakota.
sad.gif

I'd imagine there are similar laws here...I just don't ride enough at night to know...
blush.gif

I commute and carry a back pack for now....I have a road gear vizor sock and just store the extra one in there. Then when i get to work i swap them out. I belive you can get the quick change adapters for some helmets...depending on the brand. You also might want to look into a tinted strip across the top...will help block alot of light out.

shoei visor takes all of 15 seconds to change
cool.gif

I ride with some pretty slick sun glasses I got at Cyclefest. Made from aluminum and have interchangeable lenses
cool.gif

cool.gif

I wear an Arai with an Iridium blue or Goldish kinda tint and it's a very mild tint on both so they are pretty much good to go day or night. With the new visor I am going to give Fog City a shot with their color changing anti-fog lens.
thumbs-up.gif

I prefer visors to glasses because the sunglasses can shift around if your getting buffeted at all, I don't like em' in the helmet with me. But, they would seem to be the easiest solution.

thats why I love these sun glasses Rev... they are made of billet aluminum and are form fitted to your head. A little tight going around the mellon but they *don't* move once you get them on
cool.gif

look here for the ones I got but they have lots of them
cool.gif

cool.gif

I do believe they have transitions visors that get dark with exposure to sunlight (UV rays). I'm not sure who makes them or where they are availabe, but I remember reading an ad for them in MotorCyclist, so I know they're US based.

You can leave 'em on all the time because they stay clear at night.

<!--EDIT|doodoggy
Reason for Edit: "your mom"|1141935608 -->

I ride with an Arai RX7 double Eagle, visor change in seconds, I have a clear visor with a fog city on it that I use if I know that I will be out into the night (doesn't get to dark but works good) I also have a very dark tint for riding on real sunny days (great visor as it have no glare from the sun) but mostly I have a blue Iridium thats works ok, both day and night.(I get a glare from the sun reflecting off the tint, not the best in bright sun but great cool factor!)
cool.gif
cool.gif

cool.gif

I swap between helmets. My Dragon helmet with SportView has a deep dark black for the daytime. My Nolan has a dark black and my night time Nolan is clear along with my HJC clear. Keeps from changing the shields. I always carry my sunglasses for when I get off the bike and take my helmet off. I can not use the dark shaded helmets at night because i could not see.

My Arai Astral X comes with a quick change visor system. I can change to a tinted or clear visor in about 5 seconds with the helmet on my head.....

Until I got the tinted visor, I wore sunglasses inside the helmet.

<!--EDIT|pward76
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141956368 -->

Usually wear a dark smoke shield. If I know I'm gonna be out after dark, I use a clear with sun glasses. I haven't figured out how to carry an extra shield, even though they change easy & quick.

Back