Fog City Hyper Optics

dezel1

Donating Member
Registered
When I happen up on an excellent product related to motorcycling I like to let you guys know about it. This is one of those products. It's a Fog City face shield insert. I have an Arai helmet that I wear most of the time. The only problem I had with it was that it fogged up horribly. Well I went looking for a new fog resistant shield. I accidentally found the fog city insert and thought for the price why not try it. Well it works excellently. It absolutely will not let the visor fog up. I have proven this on several rides but especially this morning. It was 28 degrees and I live 30 miles from work. I had ICE on the small portion of the shield that the insert doesn't cover... but the shield itself never fogged up. I had perfectly clear view all the way home.( I'm not sure what 28 degrees + 70ish mph speeds equal as far as wind chill but it was COLD!) The visor reacts to sun light and changes tint levels depending on the sun light. The first few times I used it I thought the tint part didn't work till I lifted the visor. It isn't so dark that you have a hard time seeing in the shadows or in tunnels. It does block the sun efficently enough that I don't need to wear sun glasses anymore though.
smile.gif
Fog proof shield and no need for sunglasses all for $29.99. The shields are available for most helmets and are carried by most cycle gear suppliers. I got mine from Chaparral. If you have problems with fogging visors or get tired of carring sunglasses check them out... you'll be glad you did.

FogCity_Shield_Insert__Small_.jpg

Awesome I have been waiting for a light sensitive sheild...

I really like mine as you can tell. One warning though clean the visor really well before you attach the insert. Any finger prints will be permanent once the insert is attached. Don't ask...

Full_View__Small_.jpg

(dezel1 @ Feb. 28 2007,08:39) I really like mine as you can tell. One warning though clean the visor really well before you attach the insert. Any finger prints will be permanent once the insert is attached. Don't ask...
so you have some permanent fingerprints on your faceshield?
crazy.gif

I have been running one of these for about a year now and love it. I also have the regular fog city on my Dark shield but not much call for it in the winter months. I have ridden down to about 26 degrees with it and it is great for cold weather. Turns kind of a light green color in poor light and a cool Cobalt blue in full sun! Excellent investment.

(bigoltool @ Feb. 28 2007,18:11) I have been running one of these for about a year now and love it. I also have the regular fog city on my Dark shield but not much call for it in the winter months. I have ridden down to about 26 degrees with it and it is great for cold weather. Turns kind of a light green color in poor light and a cool Cobalt blue in full sun! Excellent investment.
+2 Had mine for a year as well on my Arai and love it, no need for sunglasses when riding on a sunny day or removing when the sun goes down.

So why don't they just make standard faceshields out of this stuff to begin with?

If you guys want them just let me know. I have access to as many as needed. Just hit me up.

Josh

(Jester0769 @ Mar. 01 2007,09:09) If you guys want them just let me know. I have access to as many as needed. Just hit me up.

Josh
Josh,
PM Sent...

(Justyntym @ Mar. 01 2007,05:39) So why don't they just make standard faceshields out of this stuff to begin with?
I presume because they do scratch fairly easily. You have to exercise caution when cleaning them. Also if you are putting them on an Arai be very careful of the vents on the face shield. You dont want the seal of the Fog Shield riding up onto the vents!

In Stock for Universal and Shoei helmets and Arai ones should be here in the next day or so...$38 tyd

IMG_4712.JPG

Back