Shoei Questions

jmaz268

Killin' is my business, a
Donating Member
Registered
After looking for a new visor for my KBC TK-77 helmet and not finding one because they don't make any.....either that or I just can't find them.

I was looking at the new Shoei RF1000's....specifically the one for the busa because it will match my jacke perfectly...Started looking at the visor options and it says that you can just put an insert which can removed on the fly and there is never any need to remove the main clear piece but to just add and remove the other colored or tinted ones.

My question is does anybody use this system or do they just replace the hole visor for a tinted one. Also how well does this helmet fit. I have a hard time with different brands because i am basically between a small and medium. My KBC is a medium and my wifes HJC is a small and they both feel the same.

b3_1_b.JPG

I suggest a trip to the nearest bike shop and try it on for size. As you can imagine all brands fit differently, there's even a difference in fit within the same brand, for instance the RF1000 fits differently than the X-11 ... both Shoei's.

Shoei makes a busa specific RF1000 gunny..

I have the RF1000 "voltage" and love it. I haven't changed my shield yet...will most likely just buy another regular one when I need to.

As far as fit is concerned..try them on! Both Shoei and Arai make excellent products, but different models fit a bit differently..especially with Arai.

well I like my helmets tight....I guess it is more of a secure feeling used to have one that fit but didn't feel quite right when I shook my head. I barely moved at all but I couldn't stand it. And at speed i wanna be able to sit up and feel the wind without having my helmet lifting up

some makers have more than 1 shell shape. You really need to try them on,and wear them around the store for 20 minutes to check for tight spots on the crown of yer head. Cheek pads and straps etc will "slop in", the hard inners of the shell wont.
RSD.

I have an RF1000 & X-11. Both fit different, I'm partial to the X-11, but both are very nice helmets. Remember you can change the foam to make it fit tighter or looser if ya need. Both are nice and light and vent well.

Rubba

have you bought from that company before....Just askin I never have and didnt want it to take 3 years to get my visor

Ok no rip on anyone, but why would anyone want to have a dark helmet, or 1 that matches the bike in a dark color? From a forward view a black / dark helmet on a dark bike is making your self almost invisable.

Now, Im not saying Im Mr.Safety or anything like that, but I like the Bright helmet/ leather combo on a dark bike so I have a better shot at being noticed by those visually challenged cagers.
blush.gif

I always get a Mirror colored visor so that it helps with being seen. It just sticks out alot more and with the bright red flake in my black paint I stick out pretty good. That is if the sun is out

I bought the white helmet to match my 06 LE.  Safety was a consideration (plus, I like the way it looks).  My leather jacket has a lot of white in it also.

Better seen than unseen.

Not as dark as it looks in pic. If i rode worrying about what everyone else could see probably wouldnt ride..Granted i hope and prey they can see me but I personally Pay attention to them you can be on a Pearl Yellow bike with yellow mesh jacket and they still cant see you ..Ask me how I know this .
You have to watch out for them . 99% of the time they cant see through the cell phones hamburgers newspapers or makeup mirror

Not as dark as it looks in pic. If i rode worrying about what everyone else could see probably wouldnt ride..Granted i hope and prey they can see me but I personally Pay attention to them you can be on a Pearl Yellow bike with yellow mesh jacket and they still cant see you ..Ask me how I know this .
You have to watch out for them . 99% of the time they cant see through the cell phones hamburgers newspapers or makeup mirror
+1

Shoei RF1000s are very nice, comfy and well aerodynamically shaped. As far as visors/faceshields are concerned, you have to pull the whole thing off and replace it with another (tinted, smoke, dark smoke). I never heard of the 1000's having slip on's that fit over the clear ones.

Anyways, graphics of mine: RF1000 Diabolic:

a5d28824.jpg

d8c012f0.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Back