Goin to the Dark Side!

Maybe it's the pain meds talking?...No wait. I can't use that excuse. The meds wore off a few hours ago! Maybe it's the stress of it all? Yeah, that's got to be it!
rock.gif

As far as "the look", or "will I be happy?":

I do like the look, but I don't "need" to have it to belong. I have several friends that have owned HD's for a while. They have nothing but good things to say about the bikes. I like the style, comfort, and flexability of the Ultra-Classic.

I like almost anything with 2 wheels, but I think this one suits me best.

beerchug.gif

Thats ok buddy, I've got quite a bit of time on various HD baggers. I would own one in a heartbeat.
However; Don't pay more than MSRP for one. If you have difficulty getting this done, call me. Not a problem.
Also, do the bigbore. The 103 is a strong motor, it is a 95" with a longer stroke. In a bagger that is fine, on a dyna or softail, I'd stick with a 95"....revs better.

I applaud you in your decision. If my wife enjoyed riding, I'd have gotten a 2-up machine as well.

You can ride with me anytime. I don't care what you are on.

But seriously, I know most of the HD dealers around...if you cant get a Ultra for msrp, I can. Just let me know.:)

Thanks mjn. I'll be joining you for a ride when I'm back on the road. Cycle Barn sells at MSRP, but I know they tack on a few "other" charges, so I'd like to find a few other dealers to compare them against.

wink.gif

Don't get me wrong guys, the Busa was great! I do, however, have to consider my wife and boys here too. The Mrs. told me a few days ago, (after the wreck) that her biggest fear with the Busa, everytime I took it out she worried that it might be the last time she'd see me.

Thanks mjn.  I'll be joining you for a ride when I'm back on the road.  Cycle Barn sells at MSRP, but I know they tack on a few "other" charges, so I'd like to find a few other dealers to compare them against.

wink.gif

Don't get me wrong guys, the Busa was great!  I do, however, have to consider my wife and boys here too.  The Mrs. told me a few days ago, (after the wreck) that her biggest fear with the Busa, everytime I took it out she worried that it might be the last time she'd see me.
Yea, last time I checked the cycle barn added a very large "freight and set up" charge....find out what the bottom line is and let me know.
Your resale value is directly connected to the price you initially pay, (obviously).
Rev is right that values have dropped. This is due to the fact that the Motor Company has been pressuring dealers to go to MSRP pricing. New bikes cost less, used bikes are worth less...pretty easy math.
I know that sales haven't slowed down much, my local dlr sells everything they get... I am sure the pricing structure has something to do with that.

Just let me know, I'll help you anyway I can.
Heal up quick!

Don't get me wrong...I wasn't knocking the quality of the HD, it's just that some of the imports have a "better" reliability record.

I have about 34,000 miles on my H-D, and haven't really had any problems with it. Although it is a "Classic", I went through the "Pain-In-The-Azz" process of upgrading it to an "Ultra Classic". If it weren't for all of the chrome and other options on it to start with, it would have been easier to buy a new one. I don't regret the work I put into it, but it was a nightmare with all the added wiring harness and equipment.

I too like the styling of the HD baggers much better than the others. It just seems to have more "character" with the exposed engine and flowing lines. You won't be disappointed with your choice. Get a rider's backrest, and highway pegs also...you'll love it.

Here's a couple of pics of the upgrade work. This is what's behind the outer fairing...
wow.gif

DSC00119.JPG

Here's how you have to add the wiring harness...running along the frame's backbone...

DSC00126.JPG

Not trying the hijack your thread...just showing why buying an Ultra Classic is well worth the money versus the..."I can upgrade it later" mentality.
laugh.gif

That upgrade pic reminds me of my Volvo engine comp.
laugh.gif

The upgrade process is one of the reasons I'm getting it fully loaded from the shop.
biggrin.gif
I can strip the back down to look like the Street Glide with a few hardware parts, and smoe minor re-wiring to put quick-disconnects into the Tour Pack. After that it'll only take me a few minutes to switch between the 2 different looks.
tounge.gif
I'll get two bikes, and only need to register, and insure one!
cool.gif

Well peeps, one thing I'm really noticing is that when most people that talk bad about any bike, (or car, or anything else they bad mouth), in most cases are either envious or ignorant. They need to talk to the real owners, or try one sometime.

If it's a good bike vs another good bike, then it just comes down to personal tastes.

So let me ask this of the board. If you had to choose between 2 different watches, a Casio or a Rolex, which would you choose, and why?

As far as buying my Busa back: That will really depend on the price they want for it, and if they don't offer me a fair payoff. If I do buy it back, it will just be to part it out and sell the engine and other usable pieces. (I'll give h.org 1st dibs)
biggrin.gif

not much into the image thing so I'd probably buy the casio.. haha for that matter I'd probably use that money for somethign else..

not like there aren't 8 million clocks around me 99% of the time.

the HD is decent for tooling around on... the busa is too..

the HD sucks when you wanna go play with it... the busa.. well.. doesn't.

when i go to the dragstrip, i see a lot of import cars that look pretty good but even with a lot of mods most still aren't as fast as a stock mustang, camaro corvette etc. some of the regulars joke about them, but i tell em at least they are out there racing and keeping drag racing alive. it is kinda the opposite with bikes, Harleys look good, with some mods they run pretty good but they can't compete with most stock sport bikes with speed and performance, but you know what, they are on the street keeping motorcycling alive, they wave at me and i wave at them,its called mutual respect. what does mean?....i don't know.

when i go to the dragstrip, i see a lot of import cars that look pretty good but even with a lot of mods most still aren't as fast as a stock mustang, camaro corvette etc. some of the regulars joke about them, but i tell em at least they are out there racing and keeping drag racing alive. it is kinda the opposite with bikes, Harleys look good,  with some mods they run pretty good but they can't compete with most stock sport bikes with speed and performance, but you know what, they are on the street keeping motorcycling alive, they wave at me and i wave at them,its called mutual respect. what does mean?....i don't know.
That's kinda my point.

Don't bash some else's thing just because you don't agree with it, or want it.

When you look past the stuff, most people are pretty good peeps! Those that aren't, are the exception.

You are sooo banned.

Naa, good luck on the new bike. But going from a Busa to a HD?

Back