Gods plan for me on Christmas Eve

Pat Dietrich

Registered
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe in my heart he sent me to church to make sure somebody has a Christmas.
So our plans were to attend my brothers service on Christmas eve. He has his own church. We left my wifes family Christmas, running on time so i thought, arrive at 7:50pm to a service that started at 7:00. Somehow Kari (my wife) believes she was told wrong about the time. Turned out to be no big deal but what happened next was. There was a black man there that was super nice and seemed his spirit was on top of the world when we arrived. Joked around with us , laughing with us about whatever. Joyful person to say the least. Unfortuanatly as I was waitng to talk to my brother, i found out different. This guy has nothing. We talked for about 1/2 hr or more and the conversation slowly made it's way to the fact that he has no family around, he has no job because he hasn't been released to work because of a serious asthma condition where he almost died a couple months back and might have had he not been talking to his mom from cincinnati, 3 1/2 hrs away. He had his worst attack ever and was not going to call for help because he wanted to be a "man" about it. Well, knowing her son all to well she called the local police and told them what was going on and he said a fire truck, an ambulance, and a couple squad cars pulled up to his motel (where he has lived for 3 months) so as he was looking out the window trying to figure out what was going on, they came to his door, where as soon as they came in he was out and wokeup at a hospital with 4 different doctors trying to get him to breath and nothing was working. He said it was at that point where he thought it would be best to say he was sorry for anything he had done, prayed to say the least. He joked about being broke but he knew God would take care of him in his own way and he was right. We had just received a little bit of $$ from our Christmas party and I knew thats why God had us go there that night to give it to someone in need. The thanks i got was unbelievable. The guy had tears in his eyes and needless to say mine ended up running down my face. I felt so bad for him. He then told me how when the offering came around, he had put his LAST dollar in the basket knowing that somehow God would take care of him. It really blows me away that God used me to help this man. It doesn't stop there though, nobody should be alone on Christmas period, so i called my brother when i got home and told him that i want him to pick RJ up and bring him here for our Christmas. He said that would be awesome cause he his picking him up anyway this morning to take him to his house for breakfast. This man is going to have a good Christmas if its the last thing i do, other than give my wife her ring.

I feel really good about myself to be in a position to actually make a difference in somebodys life at least for the holidays. Yeah my wife is going to be over joyed at her present, but thats material, this is from my heart to help someone in need. I guess one person CAN make a difference. Thanks for reading. Hope everyone had a MERRY CHRISTMAS!
__

There are still good things and good people in this world, bro.

You can count yourself amongst the elite few.
wink.gif
Good on ya for helpin out the needy.

God does work in mysterious ways and it is awesome that you have decerned his cause and effect...OK I'm not gonna ramble...But it is wonderful when you are called upon...

It is and will always be that the gifts from the heart, will be the ones that we cherish the the most, and for good reason.... We walk in the steps of Jesus, he gave the greatest of gifts and we aspire to be like him. We will never be his equal but if we give....and give from the heart we will always be in his favor... the secret is in the giving from the heart and in believing in Jesus,,, the rest is only money.... bless ya all , the Christmas season may be over but what is in our hearts will carry us through the year.....D

Great story...that is why I try to help individuals when I can instead of a generic charity as too much of that money can sometimes go to "overhead", and not directly to the ones who need it. The only other thing to watch for are people who lie through their teeth and are scammers to the core. They talk a good game but it all turns out to be BS, and the money is wasted on crack, or worse.
wink.gif

So how did the dinner go? If this guys story is square it sounds like someone who is genuinely in need and that is a great feeling helping someone like that out.
smile.gif

Now if we could all remember to have charity in our hearts like this throughout the year. Thanks for the great story and reminder to us all.

yes sir that was very nice of ya. God knows that your giving not only blesses the person but it blesses you as well. Too bad more people like you weren't the Donald Trump's Bill Gates of the world......Imagine the change you could make for man-kind then!!!!!!
Great story and I hope your Christmas was just as great.

God's word requires that as we overcome, we strengthen our brother.  It's one thing to hear God's voice, it's another thing to listen and even another to do his will.  Your good deed will be returned 100 fold Candy, that's my prayer for you today.  This country lacks so many who are willing to give of themselves what they have to make a difference in the lives of others.  God bless you bro, and thanks for a story that has given me a new burst of inspiration.

BD

P.S. It reminds us that the true meaning of this season is one of sacrifice, one of giving being that it was at this time our sacrificial lamb was born. The One who sacrificed his physical life for us, that we now have a mediator sitting at the right hand of God who intercedes for us. It's not about Santa Claus or building enough debt to last through the next Christmas.

<!--EDIT|BigDawg_03Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1104164368 -->

That was a great story Pat. Made me a little misty just thinking about it. If more people would just learn to have more FAITH, this world would be a better place. That story reminds me of one of my favorite songs with the lyrics that goes like this: "Whatsoever you do." "To the least of my brothers." "That you do unto me."

Wonderful story! Wow, just so glad you were there to help out someone truly in need...
smile.gif

Back