Just a Little Rant

BigBSBusa

Comin' back stronger than ever!
Donating Member
Registered
Well, I figured if I was going to do any ranting about anything while deployed it certainly wouldn't have been about motorcycles, but you know what they say. I was sitting in my work area this afternoon and one of the contractors that works for me came strolling by with a helmet, so I had to ask him what bike he was riding. He told me he was riding his wife's bike, a 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R. I thought okay, cool, but then he went on to tell me that it was his wife's first bike and that she had had it up to 256 km/hr. I did a little quick math and realized that's about 160 mph and immediately started discounting things that he said.

He contined by saying that his friend had taken the bike, ZX6R (with 636cc) and had beaten every streetbike he had come up against including a 'Busa! I said really and he went on to tell me it was only the 1100cc version of the Hayabusa.

He goes on to tell me that he liked the 160 hp that the bike had, but he didn't like the lightweight feel that it had when he got it up to speed. He preferred his Ducati 999 to that.

So we continue talking and I ask him if he bought the Kawi while here was here in Kuwait. He said yeah, but the bought the Japanese version and it cost them around $10k. He then told me I could go take a look at it and of course I did thinking there had to be some mods to it, but it was straight stock. He said he wished they had bought the ZX10, but he didn't want anything with that much power.

Anyway, it's going to be a long year for that young man! There will be a never ending series of questions about who his wife has beaten on that thing and whether or not they have raced that Hayabusa 1100.

Sorry, this is so long but I couldn't not say anything!

very interesting. here's some more food for fodder:
My friend's 2003 636 is not 160 hp as we all know, but he can sure give me a run for the money when hammering down. Also he has had it up to 158 'indicated' but ran out of room. I have riden it and it is no slouch of a bike at all. if he was a very good, experienced rider he might have beaten a busa but not past 170 I am sure. anyway, real life experience there... it IS the king of 600's

sport rider:
ZX-6R ('03) 6/03 10.67@131.0 top 158.5 mph
hp 107.5 @ 13,000
torque 46.4 @ 11,000
wet weight 418

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You refrained from enlightening him? I would of had a hard time not closing the door of reality on his dumb a**. Thanks for the good laugh. I gotta get me one of those 1100 Hayabusas. I hear they come with super chargers and turbos stock. It actually has a harder take of then a F-16.

laugh.gif

I find sometimes its best to just let people talk. I really wish I had my 'Busa over here so I could have shown him. I don't doubt the bike was fast and with the right skills a rider might be able to push the 'Busa, but an inexperiences rider hittin' 160. I find that a little hard to believe. In fact, I don't even know if it is capable and he made it sound like she could have taken it faster! Anyway, it was pretty funny to me and wanted to share!

some people are so stupid!
they make everything up.
reminds me when i was 6 y.o. and discussing who's father's cars was the fasters.
Of course, my father's was the fastest because it had 4 pipes!!!!
smile.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
wow.gif

yeah I love when people talk about shiat they know nothing about.... my busa 1100 is bored out 200cc's
laugh.gif

ices_rofl.gif
MFAO....Don't you just love it when squids don't know what they are talking about. I think I wanna buy me a ZX-6 like that one...
tounge.gif

very interesting.  here's some more food for fodder:
My friend's 2003 636 is not 160 hp as we all know, but he can sure give me a run for the money when hammering down.  Also he has had it up to 158 'indicated' but ran out of room.  I have riden it and it is no slouch of a bike at all.  if he was a very good, experienced rider he might have beaten a busa but not past 170 I am sure.  anyway, real life experience there... it IS the king of 600's

sport rider:
ZX-6R ('03)  6/03 10.67@131.0  top 158.5 mph
hp 107.5 @ 13,000
torque 46.4 @ 11,000
wet weight 418
OK, i'm just going to assume that I failed to see the humor and/or sarcasm here 'cause you've just GOT to be kidding.

Oh, that the '04 gixxer 600 consistently tests a full tenth faster in the 1/4 mile than the '03 636 and has more power everwhere than the very top where the 636 gets it by 2hp.

Back