Go obama!!!

Back to the original post, I found it refreshing to see what Obama has been doing thus far. Getting rid of a lot of the secrecy that some idiot had put in place around the White house and making an effort to immediately set a genuine tone of change.

:thumbsup:

Umm. Bro? Haven't you been paying any attention over the last year or so?

It's become standard for a great many. For some hatred is the only way they can deal with their fear. Build a big ugly wall of hate and intolerance all in an effort to make themselves feel somehow superior, more deserving etc...

Now with that Horrible frightening Black Man, *Gasp* the horror... IT's just going to get worse and worse and folks continue to grasp at whatever little bits of fluff they had used in the past to make themselves feel superior to someone or something...

It'll get better after a few years probably... Right now though, there's lots and lots of fear.

My .02...

Yeah bro, I noticed but you know me. I'll take any opportunity to tell it like it is.

The fact is that bigotry against people of Mexican descent or all latinos due to similar appearance seems to be readily accepted by many people these days. It is like they don't even understand that what they are saying or how they are acting is biased and hateful.

Yeah bro, I noticed but you know me. I'll take any opportunity to tell it like it is.

The fact is that bigotry against people of Mexican descent or all latinos due to similar appearance seems to be readily accepted by many people these days. It is like they don't even understand that what they are saying or how they are acting is biased and hateful.

I think it is based on people feeling so powerless in their own lives that they need to beat down the little guy. It is easy to point the finger at those less fortunate and belittle them. It is also sad...but some people need to feel better by putting others down because they feel so bad about themselves.

Revlis, Silver Surfer and Projekt, thanks for your posts. Bigotry is probably the most important issue to me. I've wavered between feeling sorry for people that can't help but separate people by cultures, in that they aren't realizing what a great segment of humanity they are dismissing, and beating my head against a wall in trying to change their thoughts. So far I've refused to accept that maybe their mindset is part of humanity and is somehow justified by the overused phrase, "it takes all kinds".

Revlis, Silver Surfer and Projekt, thanks for your posts. Bigotry is probably the most important issue to me. I've wavered between feeling sorry for people that can't help but separate people by cultures, in that they aren't realizing what a great segment of humanity they are dismissing, and beating my head against a wall in trying to change their thoughts. So far I've refused to accept that maybe their mindset is part of humanity and is somehow justified by the overused phrase, "it takes all kinds".

Saying and doing are two different things. Let's hope we see something done then just speaking outrage about the spending.

So those that ask that the law be enforced on those who have broken the law are now bigots? ???

Oh "enlightened ones" sorry but your missing it.

I don't hate these people in any way, wish them any ill will, think I'm superior,
or fear them (unless they drive with no insurance :poke:), and am probably more
humane than you realize.

I just temper my humanity with rationalization and priorities.

My nationality ranges from German, Norwegian, etc...I give up, don't care...
I'm a red white and blue, thru and thru AMERICAN. I care about this country
first. You can NOT relocate every poverty stricken person in the world
(millions upon millions) to the United States because it's "humane". How much
of a burden do you think this country can really bear? Maybe we should take
the entire population of Guatemala and drop them off in L.A.? We can run an
airlift from Kenya till we empty it out...or maybe all of Cuba can come to
florida...oh that's right, we tried that one...turned Miami from a premier resort
town into a real sh!thole. (Shouldn't have to speak Spanish to be a Law
Enforcement officer anywere in the U.S....but that's just me because...)

Or do we just say everybody who can get here is "entitled" and made it :cheerleader:

Rome crumbled from within...we are there if you haven't noticed.

------------------------------------------------------------

I read this somewhere, PLEASE fell free to correct this if it's incorrect.
I'm always open...

Mexico has it's army on it's southern border to prevent illegals from entering
their county.
Should you want to become a citizen of Mexico, it's quite a PITA.
Should they catch you living illegally in their county, they throw you in jail.
After you pass all the requirements to be a full Citizen of Mexico you can NOT:
own land
Vote
or hold public office of any kind.
Mexico is their country and the above would ensure Mexico stays Mexico
and it's their right to do that.

Don't remember where I read it, could be just some stupid E-mail propaganda
I did a little research and got nowhere with it...

Note: Please do not take the following to be an attempt to create controversy. I am only making a counterpoint, and have made an effort to document my point with objective material from wikipedia, and from the source itself.

Unfortunately bigotry seems to go both ways. When California Gov. Grey Davis stepped down as governor, there was some news coverage of Lt. Gov. Cruz Bustamante that criticized him for never having denounced his previous membership in La Mecha - an organization that recruits in colleges and universities. I was STUNNED when I read the La Mecha Manifesto.
It would seem they promote only one race, and seek to claim a large portion of the western U.S. for themselves. But perhaps I misunderstand what they are saying? Please read and decide for yourselves.

I am quoting the following from the wikipedia entry for La mecha only for information purposes:
A passage from MEChA's national website reads: ‘As Chicanas and Chicanos of Aztlán, we are a nationalist movement of Indigenous Gente that lay claim to the land that is ours by birthright. As a nationalist movement we seek to free our people from the exploitation of an oppressive society that occupies our land. Thus, the principle of nationalism serves to preserve the cultural traditions of La Familia de La Raza and promotes our identity as a Chicana/Chicano Gente.’ [7] Such statements have led MEChA to be criticized by a variety of sources, including the National Review [8] which alleges that MEChA is a Hispanic nationalist organization tinged with racistseparatist views. Groups such as American Patrol are even more vitriolic in their criticism, accusing MEChA of outright Aztec supremacism and irredentism. The Times Online has referred to MEChA as "a radical Latino student organisation" [9]Cruz Bustamante. and in describing the associations of California gubernatorial candidate
Much of the criticism addresses statements made by individual MEChA members or chapters, as opposed to the official agenda of the national organization. Critics also point out the group's use of the word Aztlán: To many, this word calls to mind a region comprising much of the Southwestern United States and as a result, some critics feel use of the phrase implies support for the controversial theory of reconquista. While MEChA supporters point out that the Aztlan mythology itself does not refer to reclaiming conquered lands, it simply describes the ancestral home of the Aztec people.
Also controversial is the phrase "Por La Raza todo, Fuera de La Raza nada", which translates "For the Race, everything, outside the Race, nothing". Many critics of MEChA see this statement as ethnocentric and racist. This phrase appears in El Plan Espiritual de Aztlán and is often claimed to be the "slogan" of MEChA, despite little attestation of its use by MEChA members or alleged importance within MEChA. The official motto of MEChA, as seen in its logo, is "La Unión Hace La Fuerza", meaning "Unity Makes Strength". [1] MEChA members themselves differ in their interpretations of "La Raza". While some use the term to strictly refer to only mestizos and Chicanos, others use it to mean all Hispanics and minorities. A likely origin of the phrase is the Cuban communist Revolution, which used a similar slogan: "Por la revolución todo, fuera de la revolución nada!"
A 1998 MEChA youth conference at California Polytechnic State University featured a printed program that introduced the school as "Cal Poly State Jewniversity". The program also referred to New York as "Jew York". When the Anti-Defamation League objected to the program, the university’s MEChA chapter issued a formal apology. MEChA has also been linked to La Voz de Aztlán (The Voice of Aztlan), a Chicano webzine that regularly publishes articles attacking Jews, Zionism, and Israel.

taken from MEChA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am aware that not all peoples who originate from south of what is now the U.S. border with Mexico share these views.

Back to the original post, I found it refreshing to see what Obama has been doing thus far. Getting rid of a lot of the secrecy that some idiot had put in place around the White house and making an effort to immediately set a genuine tone of change.

To this I'd like to add that as bad as things have gotten here in the U.S. ANY change would have to feel like an improvement.

When the law being enforced is rooted in bigotry.

How is it bigotry that a developed country have requirements that must be met to enter that country? I don't know the answer to this question but how many other developed countries allow foreigners to come and go at leisure with absolutely no requirements? How many other developed countries would allow a person to come into that country and set up residence, not abide by that countries laws then support that illegal immigrant?

Please, feel free to enlighten us all. My mind is open if you can produce an answer with merit.

Note: Please do not take the following to be an attempt to create controversy. I am only making a counterpoint, and have made an effort to document my point with objective material from wikipedia, and from the source itself.

Unfortunately bigotry seems to go both ways. When California Gov. Grey Davis stepped down as governor, there was some news coverage of Lt. Gov. Cruz Bustamante that criticized him for never having denounced his previous membership in La Mecha - an organization that recruits in colleges and universities. I was STUNNED when I read the La Mecha Manifesto.
It would seem they promote only one race, and seek to claim a large portion of the western U.S. for themselves. But perhaps I misunderstand what they are saying? Please read and decide for yourselves.

I am quoting the following from the wikipedia entry for La mecha only for information purposes:
A passage from MEChA's national website reads: ‘As Chicanas and Chicanos of Aztlán, we are a nationalist movement of Indigenous Gente that lay claim to the land that is ours by birthright. As a nationalist movement we seek to free our people from the exploitation of an oppressive society that occupies our land. Thus, the principle of nationalism serves to preserve the cultural traditions of La Familia de La Raza and promotes our identity as a Chicana/Chicano Gente.’ [7] Such statements have led MEChA to be criticized by a variety of sources, including the National Review [8] which alleges that MEChA is a Hispanic nationalist organization tinged with racistseparatist views. Groups such as American Patrol are even more vitriolic in their criticism, accusing MEChA of outright Aztec supremacism and irredentism. The Times Online has referred to MEChA as "a radical Latino student organisation" [9]Cruz Bustamante. and in describing the associations of California gubernatorial candidate
Much of the criticism addresses statements made by individual MEChA members or chapters, as opposed to the official agenda of the national organization. Critics also point out the group's use of the word Aztlán: To many, this word calls to mind a region comprising much of the Southwestern United States and as a result, some critics feel use of the phrase implies support for the controversial theory of reconquista. While MEChA supporters point out that the Aztlan mythology itself does not refer to reclaiming conquered lands, it simply describes the ancestral home of the Aztec people.
Also controversial is the phrase "Por La Raza todo, Fuera de La Raza nada", which translates "For the Race, everything, outside the Race, nothing". Many critics of MEChA see this statement as ethnocentric and racist. This phrase appears in El Plan Espiritual de Aztlán and is often claimed to be the "slogan" of MEChA, despite little attestation of its use by MEChA members or alleged importance within MEChA. The official motto of MEChA, as seen in its logo, is "La Unión Hace La Fuerza", meaning "Unity Makes Strength". [1] MEChA members themselves differ in their interpretations of "La Raza". While some use the term to strictly refer to only mestizos and Chicanos, others use it to mean all Hispanics and minorities. A likely origin of the phrase is the Cuban communist Revolution, which used a similar slogan: "Por la revolución todo, fuera de la revolución nada!"
A 1998 MEChA youth conference at California Polytechnic State University featured a printed program that introduced the school as "Cal Poly State Jewniversity". The program also referred to New York as "Jew York". When the Anti-Defamation League objected to the program, the university’s MEChA chapter issued a formal apology. MEChA has also been linked to La Voz de Aztlán (The Voice of Aztlan), a Chicano webzine that regularly publishes articles attacking Jews, Zionism, and Israel.

taken from MEChA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am aware that not all peoples who originate from south of what is now the U.S. border with Mexico share these views.

My question to you is: Are you down with the Brown? :laugh:

just a few notes... for one , if they didn't screw with the people who try to do everything by the books (pretty much like everything else) it would work out alot better because the system would be more appealing. look up on the social security website... those who are LEAGALLY here and have a work authorization, part of the said agreement is that they pay in, but are NOT eligible for s.s. benefits... but if you are a citizen or have refugee status... it's there for the taking...just start up the ol' baby factory. I found this out (s.s. benifits) because my inlaws are legal immigrants w/ current work authorizations. my cousin from Scotland went through the system 3 years ago to get her U.S. residency card to live here legally. clean cut, steady job history in banking, 2 1/2 years ago got married to my brother in law, has a year 1/2 old girl... almost 7k in fees & crap...govt has her s.s.# frozen so she can't work...in order to prove that her husband can support her without being a burden on the govt...WTF as far as cash work...that employer took a huge risk on covering the money trail. my mother in law works @ a small factory and when it's really hot, cold or crappy weather...the only ones that I see usually show up are the hispanics.( I see this on mon - wed when I take her to work...not a rumor, but good joking material when everyone else lays out) in all fairness they do have a high turnover rate, so maybe I just don't notice the non-hispanics because they're out looking for better jobs.

How is it bigotry that a developed country have requirements that must be met to enter that country? I don't know the answer to this question but how many other developed countries allow foreigners to come and go at leisure with absolutely no requirements? How many other developed countries would allow a person to come into that country and set up residence, not abide by that countries laws then support that illegal immigrant?

Please, feel free to enlighten us all. My mind is open if you can produce an answer with merit.

A meritorious answer would far exceed the average attention span of the audience here.

Back