Obamas signature tax credit - what a joke

I must say, the level of tolerance for this administration's mistakes by a few on this board is truly amazing. I understand people make mistakes, but there seemed to be zero tolerance for anything the Bush administration did. I can't help but wonder why all the sudden we should all just look on the bright side of any government mistakes and be thankful for their mistakes? To me it's just another example of the double standard applied from the left IMHO. I've said it before and I'll say it again "you can't have it both ways guys". :rulez:

I must say, the level of tolerance for this administration's mistakes by a few on this board is truly amazing. I understand people make mistakes, but there seemed to be zero tolerance for anything the Bush administration did. I can't help but wonder why all the sudden we should all just look on the bright side of any government mistakes and be thankful for their mistakes? To me it's just another example of the double standard applied from the left IMHO. I've said it before and I'll say it again "you can't have it both ways guys". :rulez:

This is different than the demagogues on the right who couldn't find a shred of fault with the previous administration's ineptitude in eight years?

Has the current president made mistakes? Of course. Will the next president make mistakes? Of course. Did the last president make mistakes? Of course....more than I recall from any conservative prior to him.

Just how is the president responsible for people getting interest free loans for a year? I suspect this is a beaurocrat far far down the chain of command who created the witholding tables.

Last edited:
This is different than the demagogues on the right who couldn't find a shred of fault with the previous administration's ineptitude in eight years?

Has the current president made mistakes? Of course. Will the next president make mistakes? Of course. Did the last president make mistakes? Of course....more than I recall from any conservative prior to him.

Just how is the president responsible for people getting interest free loans for a year? I suspect this is a beaurocrat far far down the chain of command who created the witholding tables.

The same way a president is responsible for mother nature. :whistle: Just sayin'. It happened on his watch (see Dino's long but extensive list on Bush). Just trying to make sure we all look at things through the same rose colored glasses. :thumbsup: I'll be the first to admit Bush made some mistakes when he was in office, but I would say the current prez is on track to surpass him, yet many think he can do no wrong?? It's just interesting to say the least.

Its just like the Army Major who shot and killed 13 people.

That was out and out a terrorist attack. The guy yelled in arabic "God is Great" then opened fire on military members. he was Muslim. for the last year he had showed anti american traits. he justified sucide bombings and as of a few days ago they determined he was involved in wire transfers between him and someone in Pakistan.

But this current administationr refuses to call it what it was, a terrorist attack because they do not want the current administration to have the black mark of a "terrorist attack" on their watch.

If this would have happened to Mr. Bush or any other Non democrat president the dems would have been SCREAMING it was a terrorist attack

cause thats how they roll..... :rofl: sad but true...

am starting to believe that liberalism is a sickness myself...

Its just like the Army Major who shot and killed 13 people.

That was out and out a terrorist attack. The guy yelled in arabic "God is Great" then opened fire on military members. he was Muslim. for the last year he had showed anti american traits. he justified sucide bombings and as of a few days ago they determined he was involved in wire transfers between him and someone in Pakistan.

But this current administationr refuses to call it what it was, a terrorist attack because they do not want the current administration to have the black mark of a "terrorist attack" on their watch.

If this would have happened to Mr. Bush or any other Non democrat president the dems would have been SCREAMING it was a terrorist attack

It would be quite an embarassment to the military to admit they harbored a terrorist amongst themselves. Might be better to not cast doubt on our military professionals during a time of war...or peace for that matter.

It would be quite an embarassment to the military to admit they harbored a terrorist amongst themselves. Might be better to not cast doubt on our military professionals during a time of war...or peace for that matter.

The problem is.. that it is what it is.

I can understand the Majors dilemma. not to the point where I agree with what he did. However he joined the US military before 9/11

9/11 happens and all of a sudden we are in a war against terrorist. Who happen to be classified as Muslim extremists.

The man was obviously torn. from my understanding he was due to ship out to afghanistan. I think the guy just snapped. Which if that is the case, then it would bring his actions into a gray area as to if he was acting in the manner of a terrorist. or is he a human being who just snapped?

In either case I feel if there are any Muslims who are in the military and if they feel conflicted I feel they should be given the oportunity to leave the service.

I am sure there would have to be a lot of checks and ballances to ensure people were not faking. but we could very well have Muslims in the military that love this country and would not do anythign to harm this country, but also do not want to be put in a position to harm fellow Muslims. I can totally understand that being a pretty screwed up position to be in.

And since there does seem to be evidence that just us being there is creating and environment that is causing people who normally would not fight, to fight us becasue we are being seen as an ocupying force. This could also be weighing heavily on some of the Muslim faith's mind.

Last edited:

And to add. even if he did act knowingly in a terrorist manner, I believe it was probably a decision that was only made recently. I dont think he joined or moved up the ranks as a terrorist. if that was the case I think when he did attack it would have been more deadly.

While what he did was deadly enough, it seems like it was almost done out of frustration.

The problem is.. that it is what it is.

I can understand the Majors dilemma. not to the point where I agree with what he did. However he joined the US military before 9/11

9/11 happens and all of a sudden we are in a war against terrorist. Who happen to be classified as Muslim extremists.

The man was obviously torn. from my understanding he was do to ship out to afghanistan. I think the guy just snapped. Which if that is the case, then it would bring his actions into a gray area as to if he was acting in the manner of a terrorist. or is he a human being who just snapped?

In either case I feel if there are any Muslims who are in the military and if they feel conflicted I feel they should be given the oportunity to leave the service.

I am sure there would have to be a lot of checks and ballances to ensure people were not faking. but we could very well have Muslims in the military that love this country and would not do anythign to harm this country, but also do not want to be put in a position to harm fellow Muslims. I can totally understand that being a pretty screwed up position to be in.

And since there does seem to be evidence that just us being there is creating and environment that is causing people who normally would not fight, to fight us becasue we are being seen as an ocupying force. This could also be weighing heavily on some of the Muslim faith's mind.

This is an issue with no easy answer. Nicely written.

Does one brand it terrorism? An act of treason? Workplace violence? Any of these seem at first glance to apply equally well.

One widely accepted definition of terrorism is "the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, esp. for political purposes." Under this definition, based on what we know at present, I'm inclined to say this is not an act of terrorism...largely because there is no political motivation behind the act. It appears at present to be more a "workplace violence" event.

We've strayed far from the original topic, and since no one has yet responded to this part of what I wrote:

"It's not uncommon for people who work multiple jobs to have a discrepancy in witholdings vs. tax owed.

They should be happy they got a no interest loan for a year...just like I do. That's all there is to see here folks."

...I'll consider the fire started by this story sufficiently doused. :laugh:

Goodnight .org

This is an issue with no easy answer. Nicely written.

Does one brand it terrorism? An act of treason? Workplace violence? Any of these seem at first glance to apply equally well.

One widely accepted definition of terrorism is "the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, esp. for political purposes." Under this definition, based on what we know at present, I'm inclined to say this is not an act of terrorism...largely because there is no political motivation behind the act. It appears at present to be more a "workplace violence" event.

We've strayed far from the original topic, and since no one has yet responded to this part of what I wrote:

"It's not uncommon for people who work multiple jobs to have a discrepancy in witholdings vs. tax owed.

They should be happy they got a no interest loan for a year...just like I do. That's all there is to see here folks."

...I'll consider the fire started by this story sufficiently doused. :laugh:

Goodnight .org

Good night :beerchug:

I Change my Depends every now and then........and I Hope when I do, it's not too messy :whistle:

Funny, I paid taxes, but I didn't get a credit...and alot of people who didn't pay taxes...did.

How's that for an example of redistribution of wealth?

Can't we just all get along ..................

:whistle:

Let's kick the illegals in the azz & make them pay their taxes, maybe that would help right the unbalanced tax boat.

I pay too much in taxes as it is. I did under Daddy Bush, Clinton, Baby Bush, & now Obama .............. Right/Left, Conservative/Liberal ............... Let me keep more of MY money and start getting Pedro & them to assume their proper share of the fuggin load.

If you work here, live here, & participate in things funded by the government, pay your taxes & I will pay mine (which would be less if SOME people paid theirs).

I'm just saying, though .................

Can't we just all get along ..................

:whistle:

Let's kick the illegals in the azz & make them pay their taxes, maybe that would help right the unbalanced tax boat.

I pay too much in taxes as it is. I did under Daddy Bush, Clinton, Baby Bush, & now Obama .............. Right/Left, Conservative/Liberal ............... Let me keep more of MY money and start getting Pedro & them to assume their proper share of the fuggin load.

If you work here, live here, & participate in things funded by the government, pay your taxes & I will pay mine (which would be less if SOME people paid theirs).

I'm just saying, though .................

I could live with that :beerchug:

Back