Go obama!!!

sheeeesh.

I try to spin a positive light on someone I didnt vote for to try and keep an upbeat attitude and the thread STILL turns into a bashing thread.. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

sheeeesh.

I try to spin a positive light on someone I didnt vote for to try and keep an upbeat attitude and the thread STILL turns into a bashing thread.. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

It is all CTA Busa LE's fault. He started it with the illegal aliens comment and the whistling smilie.

:laugh:

Everyone in the world does not have the right to live in America, nor
is it our responsibility to "take care of" the entire world. Round up the
ILLEGAL ALIENS and ship 'em back, put up a fence (Nice and high).

Learn the language, enter the country legally or get out.

Somewhere in all our family histories, maybe long ago...maybe more recently, there is someone who would feel shame at the point of view taken here. We ALL came here. None of us belong here, least of all the vehemently anti-immigrant white culture (often only a few generations removed from immigrants themselves) that fights against the acceptance and possibility imbued in the words etched in that plaque on the statue on Liberty Island; the plaque that reads, "Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp. Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."

Make sure you amend the sign, because if this is the prevailing attitude then it should no longer read "give me your poor." It needs to say "stop sending me these sh1theels and find me someone with some f%@&ing money."

Sorry, I have to hit the BullSh!t button.. For you to know this you would have had a direct role in employing illegal laborers.

I disagree. I will also add that I nor anyone I have worked for or with has ever employed an illegal. So the fact that I have talked to contractors that have employed illegals has no bearing? The fact that I've talked to some of the illegals has no bearing either? The fact that job superintendents have told me the same thing has no bearing either? I've also been on sites that have been raided by immigration and talked to immigration officials at that time.

I also know one official that works for Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and we have had conversations on illegals as well. I actually went to school with the guy and have known him since before he got into his current line of work.

I agree I'm not an expert on the subject, there's stuff I can't answer and don't know. But on the other hand I've had conversations with those in the know of things and have been told enough to know that my statements as made are far from BS.

Believe what you wish, that's your choice and right to do so.

Somewhere in all our family histories, maybe long ago...maybe more recently, there is someone who would feel shame at the point of view taken here. We ALL came here. None of us belong here, least of all the vehemently anti-immigrant white culture (often only a few generations removed from immigrants themselves) that fights against the acceptance and possibility imbued in the words etched in that plaque on the statue on Liberty Island; the plaque that reads, "Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp. Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."

Make sure you amend the sign, because if this is the prevailing attitude then it should no longer read "give me your poor." It needs to say "stop sending me these sh1theels and find me someone with some f%@&ing money."

I don't know of anyone who is opposed to immigrants coming to the US in a legal manner, including myself. My great grandparents came from Germany. They accepted the American way, learned to speak the language, didn't try to turn the place into another Germany, didn't fly the German flag, and didn't ask for a handout. They worked for what they had, fought for this country in times of war. They became Americans, nobody in my family refers to themselves as European Americans or German Americans, we are simply Americans. There is a big difference between how it was done then and how it is done today. The problem is when we have millions of illegals who come into the country in an illegal manner, then we use tax payers dollars to support them. Most refuse to learn the language, many still fly the mexican flag, many work for cash money and don't pay taxes, they expect our country to change to accommodate their wants and desires. The fact is they are criminals the second they cross the border without proper documentation. Wake up people, they are costing us Billions of dollars per year, Billions of dollars that this country does not have and can not afford.

First of all, I think the only thing my ancestors would be thinking is WTF!!!! You are right most of us do come from immigrants and I would say most of them came to this country "tired, poor and yearning to breath free." THE DIFFERENCE is that most of them came to this country, LEGALLY, meaning they went to an OFFICIAL immigrant office and filled out paper work, let the country KNOW they were here. JUMPED through all the hoops to stay here. PLAYED by the RULES.

Now we can sit here and argue about what happened 100 years ago, 1000 years ago and so on. Man has been conquering man since man was alive. This isn't going to solve the problem that our country is facing. WHAT we do now to correct the issues that are plaguing our country is what matters. WE can take lessons from the past. I think what any REASONABLE American would want is for those who are here ILLEGALLY to come forward and start the process to become legal citizens. If they are criminals (pryor criminal record before they came here as well as any criminal records they may have since being here), they need to be deported. There alot of illegal immigrants here who are hardworking and definitly add value and respect to this country. The only problem I have with them is that they did not respect the laws of this country or its people in the first place. I mean, how would any of you feel is someone came into your house and didnt ask permission and the refuse to leave? I have a feeling that would not sit well with most of you and I know it wouldn't sit well with me.

I truly hope President Obama will succeed in his endevors to make this country BETTER. LEGAL immigrants are what makes this country great. ILLEGAL immigrants are sucking us dry. When is enough, enough?

I do respect all views and appreciate the diversity of opinions here. We all will never agree on everything. :bowdown:

If you immigrate here, then you are expected to become AMERICAN first and your previous nationality SECOND. Learn to speak language, pay taxes, serve in our nation's armed forces, ASSIMILATE into our society. You may still pay homage to your heritage, but do not put it before being an AMERICAN first and foremost.

I don't know of anyone who is opposed to immigrants coming to the US in a legal manner, including myself. My great grandparents came from Germany. They accepted the American way, learned to speak the language, didn't try to turn the place into another Germany, didn't fly the German flag, and didn't ask for a handout. They worked for what they had, fought for this country in times of war. They became Americans, nobody in my family refers to themselves as European Americans or German Americans, we are simply Americans. There is a big difference between how it was done then and how it is done today. The problem is when we have millions of illegals who come into the country in an illegal manner, then we use tax payers dollars to support them. Most refuse to learn the language, many still fly the mexican flag, many work for cash money and don't pay taxes, they expect our country to change to accommodate their wants and desires. The fact is they are criminals the second they cross the border without proper documentation. Wake up people, they are costing us Billions of dollars per year, Billions of dollars that this country does not have and can not afford.

Sorry for my repeat of your answer!!! :beerchug:

I didnt vote for him, but reading this article gave me a good feeling.

I am glad that he is outraged that Banks gave themselves a bonus in 2008.

Why in the heck is my money as a tax payer going to fund the pricks on wall streets bonus'?

He is outraged and I like that, now I hope he has the ability to do something about it.

So.. GO OBAMA!! :cheerleader:

Obama: big Wall Street bonuses 'outrageous' - U.S. business- msnbc.com

Outrage is a good first step.
Next step is to do something about it.
Step after that is to do whatever it takes to stop it....COMPLETELY.
Is he the guy?

If you want to be outraged about something, how bout taking a good look at exactly where the 'stimulis package' money is actually going.....so much pork that even some Democratic House members voted against it...

They want to go thru elis island and apply for citizen status not to
mention join the "melting pot" and learn the language...I'm all for it.
Every other culture learned english, I don't hear press one for Italian
or German, Chinesse...etc. They Joined our culture and were happy to
do it while still retaining an identity of their own as well. We can't even
vote on English being the official language without an outcry :banghead:

The sign does not say "sneak across our borders in the dead of night
come one come all and screw the law".

Plus it was vastly different world back then.

Last edited:
:40__s:

popcorn.gif

I couldn't resist just got home from seeing Taken and I'm still in my take no prisoners frame of mind :thumbsup:

This discussion is a waste of energy and has served as nothing more than an outlet for illogical hatred.

This discussion is a waste of energy and has served as nothing more than an outlet for illogical hatred.

Umm. Bro? Haven't you been paying any attention over the last year or so?

It's become standard for a great many. For some hatred is the only way they can deal with their fear. Build a big ugly wall of hate and intolerance all in an effort to make themselves feel somehow superior, more deserving etc...

Now with that Horrible frightening Black Man, *Gasp* the horror... IT's just going to get worse and worse and folks continue to grasp at whatever little bits of fluff they had used in the past to make themselves feel superior to someone or something...

It'll get better after a few years probably... Right now though, there's lots and lots of fear.

My .02...

Back