Go obama!!!

Saying and doing are two different things. Let's hope we see something done then just speaking outrage about the spending.

This

I am, as I've mentioned hoping just that little bit that positive things come out of this presidency. SO far harsh words are well received as it's already indicative of different mindset.

I remain skeptical though, after all at the end of the day Obama is still a politician.

Originally Posted by Red05
Revlis, Silver Surfer and Projekt, thanks for your posts. Bigotry is probably the most important issue to me. I've wavered between feeling sorry for people that can't help but separate people by cultures, in that they aren't realizing what a great segment of humanity they are dismissing, and beating my head against a wall in trying to change their thoughts. So far I've refused to accept that maybe their mindset is part of humanity and is somehow justified by the overused phrase, "it takes all kinds".

So those that ask that the law be enforced on those who have broken the law are now bigots? ???

I'm not sure of how you arrived at this conclusion of my thoughts from my post. I was merely making a statement to the three members I mentioned, about my feelings on bigotry.

if you think that the new leader is going to make it better for you well then you better think it over he has his hands tide just like everyone else is is a leader the goverment wants everyone who votes to think thing are going to change well its not going to the rich get richer and the poor get poorer and the goverment people just learn how to lie to us all better !:moon:

Now ask yourself. Who's tha Mack? I am just curious of what some of those who supported McCain think he would be doing right now. I myself feel that he would just be focusing on Iraq and blowing off the economy like old B boy.

Now ask yourself. Who's tha Mack? I am just curious of what some of those who supported McCain think he would be doing right now. I myself feel that he would just be focusing on Iraq and blowing off the economy like old B boy.

McCain wouldn't be fn around with this...
6 to 9 billion for broadband...where the heck is this the govt' responsibility?
They don't have anything better to waste money on....
Not to mention the amount of money pissed away on the digital TV
boxes...
Come on people...GET REAL :banghead:

Broadband funding in stimulus plan sparks debate
By JOELLE TESSLER (AP Technology Writer)
From Associated Press
February 06, 2009 10:27 AM EST
WASHINGTON - Among the economic stimulus proposals moving through Congress is one that fulfills an old dream of broadband boosters. It would offer substantial funding for high-speed Internet networks in corners of the country that still rely on dial-up connections or have only one broadband option.

The hope is that construction of these networks will create jobs, and that better access to broadband will spur all sorts of new economic activity. Yet not everyone agrees that broadband funding belongs in a stimulus plan.

Some critics of the idea wonder how many people will actually sign up for the new networks once they are built. Others question how many jobs broadband investments will really create. Even supporters debate whether Congress is going about funding broadband expansion the right way.

Recent surveys by the Pew Internet & American Life Project have found that 57 percent of Americans subscribe to broadband at home, while 9 percent rely on dial-up service. Others go online elsewhere - but 25 percent simply don't use the Internet at all.

Those holdouts are the hardest to reach. They include many poor and elderly people, as well as residents of rural areas that the big broadband providers have abandoned as too costly to serve - an issue that Congress is trying to address.

The broadband proposals are still taking shape as Congress debates the broader stimulus plan. But the bill that ultimately emerges is likely to contain $6 billion to $9 billion to help fund landline and wireless broadband networks in unserved and underserved areas. It also is likely to give tax incentives to encourage companies to invest in new or faster broadband networks.

Obama will help the US I can see it. It took Bush family 16 years to mess it up, so it will take longer than that to fix it.:whistle:

Obama will help the US I can see it. It took Bush family 16 years to mess it up, so it will take longer than that to fix it.:whistle:

It will damn sure take longer than a few weeks! Can't believe all the 'sky is falling' crowd after only a few weeks in office. If they'd paid that much attention to the previous white house occupant maybe we wouldn't be in this predicament...

:Oo:

2+2 is still 4...his logic is flawed and wont work. (See France :banghead:)

BTW-Senior Bush was only in office for 4 years.

Besides destroying all life on Mars a Million years ago...what exactly
has Bush done to deserve all the hatered ???

The Iraqi war? Well, I reserve the right to not reach a final conclusion based on the
lack of information, fact that I am not there personally.
You can't trust the media and I've talked
to quite a few soldiers who are there and all say:1-Do NOT believe the media
BS and they are doing great work there. I dunno...History will be the judge
it really wont be known for decades. I remember Regan was reemed
constantly as President, now he is hailed for putting an end to the cold war
and bringing Communist Russia to her knees without firing a shot.

911? Seems like a lot of finger pointing goes in the direction of Mr. Clinton's
prior 8 years and his complete lack of doing anything on the terror front.
How many times did he let Bin Laden go ??? Hind site is easy though...
Oh that's right though...he's a Democrat so nothing is technically his fault.

The Economy?...Oh yeah, that's also pointed in the direction of Freddie and
Fanny both of which were pressured by the Clinton administration to give
loans to people who could not pay...but again, see Democrat disclaimer above.

Gas Prices? I heard all kinds of Democrats around work throwing his name out
there...didn't think Bush set oil prices :laugh: Course now I guess he gets the
credit for them going to $1.60 a gallon :lol:

Hurricane Katrina? He does not get a pass from me on that one. Regardless
of the fact that the Democratic Mayor (who is a fool) and the Governer (who
is inept) dropped the ball, The President is the leader. If it were me, I would
have pulled secret service staff, secretaries, whoever and been circling in
marine one waiting for the storm to pass and hit the ground like Giuliani did
after 911...right now.

Last edited:
But at the same time inmates, that have been convicted of a crime have better medical benafits than I do, they have access to movies, librarys. They were planing on building Yoga rooms for inmates. etc ect.

It is outragous on how well inmates have it yet they are doing away with school programs, and cutting back everywhere except for where they should, with the thug population in prisons!!

That's because the United States has allowed corporations to buy into the prison system and lobby for stiffer
penalties to crimes to keep their prisons full. You didn't know??? It's the new corporate owned slave trade.
They rake in Govt contracts for cheap labor,

The United States has 1/4 the population of China, but still has way more people in prison then China, and everyone else.

Ignore the "black" part :whistle: and realize it's EVERYONE regardless of race.
America’s New Slavery: Black Men in Prison

911? Seems like a lot of finger pointing goes in the direction of Mr. Clinton's
prior 8 years and his complete lack of doing anything on the terror front.
How many times did he let Bin Laden go ??? Hind site is easy though...

Ironically enough, the Bush legacy has intimate ties with the elite Bin Laden Saudi
family and George W Bush has personal connections with Osama Bin Ladens' brother
Salem Bin Laden before he became the President.

Total coincidence ???

How about the fact that Bush's old business partner Salem Bin Laden died in Texas flying into
a bunch of power lines......Irony?? 6 years later who becomes Governor of Texas?? GWB.
Oh yeah.....it's all just coincidental.....keep your head in the sand....
http://www.rense.com/general14/brother.htm

Last edited:
The United States has 1/4 the population of China, but still has way more people in prison then China, and everyone else.

Do those numbers include people also serving in RTL (Reeducation Through Labor) camps? Or are they just numbers on prison.

China has a much different system in place for dealing with those that break laws. Drug offenders, prostitution, theft etc go to RTL camps. Serious crimes such as murder, rape, etc go to prison. At least this is my understanding of their system. Neither are pleasant from what I have read. Prisoners are tortured, there is over crowding, prisoners are denied medical care, living conditions are unsanitary, the list goes on. They make our prisons look like plush country clubs.

Their legal system is also much different than ours. There are many in China that would love to have due process of the law. They also allow punishments that the liberals would never allow here.

That's because the United States has allowed corporations to buy into the prison system and lobby for stiffer
penalties to crimes to keep their prisons full. You didn't know??? It's the new corporate owned slave trade.
They rake in Govt contracts for cheap labor.

It is a really shady situation and looks fascist to me.

Back