Gloves

shenoyp

Hayabusa Master Jedi
Donating Member
Registered
I usually ride with my helmet and jacket on! Couple of days back I finally decied to wear my Firstgear gloves while riding... Boy! The experience was bad... I mean I just could not "feel" the Throtle...! Whats your call on it people, do you think its a matter of getting used to ... or should I be looking at a different make of gloves
rock.gif

Oh yeah... you have to get used to it. Once you do, you aren't going to like riding without gloves. Even when you buy new gloves you'll probably feel uncomfortable until they break in.

It will definitely take some getting used to. I also like the feel of the throttle in my bare hand, but then again I also like the skin that is on there too!
biggrin.gif

I have always ridden with gloves, so don't know what it feels like to ride without them. Granted I have played with the throttle with the bike in the garage or driveway without them, but different than riding in my opinion. It will take some getting used to if you haven't done it before. The skin should be more important like was said.

You have to get use to riding with gloves. Even when you buy a new pair...you have to get use to them. I have a pair for warm days and cold days. I still find myself having to get use to them since the thickness of the gloves are different.

I have to get used to winter time gloves .... so yeah I know whatcha are saying... but never ride with out them, maybe down the drive way once or twice with out them
wow.gif
cool.gif

I didn't wear them for the longet time! But Revlis kept hounding me, and I finally bought some. It took a few rides with 'em to get used to it, but now I feel "naked" without 'em...

I bought Joe Rocket gloves...they're comfy...

yeah I got some JR gloves for summer and some from newenough that were "last years" model .... but they were leather and $20 a pair so I got some
biggrin.gif
they are a bit different cuz they dont allow me to "slide" the clutch out as easily across my fingers.... I've had road rash on my hands .... YOU DON'T WANT IT.... so wear your gloves
cool.gif

Never did like to ride with gloves, now,never ride without them! Just takes some time!

Check out the icon gloves. they have a floating knuckle system that is very comfortable from day one. i would definetly recomend them. i have a set of hooligans.
biggrin.gif

I like my hooligans too.
Today I got my Picotte JR's and man are they comfy!
You gotta wear 'em though - fingers are great aren't they??
Spilling on bareknuckles sucks. As someone stated earlier.
If you try and try again and they still aren't working - go try some others on. You'll find the ones for you.

I got the alpinestars gp tech gloves for my use, for some reason, maybe it's the size or way my hand is shaped I have only ever been comfortable in alpinestars gloves.
Jay

GLoves are my #2 most important piece of gear...Right after the helmet. I mean we depend on nothing else more on a day to day basis and they are densly packed with nerve endings. All it took was a slow speed 20MPH or so slide when I was little to keep me in gloves, you gotta Protect them hands....

VA
smile.gif
I didn't know, glad to hear that them digits are protected.
thumbs-up.gif

Unless you want somethin like THIS to happen to ya, I'd really suggest gettin over how great the throttle feels in your bare hands and get some good gloves.

Like they say, skin is important. All three layers of skin were rashed away as well as some nerve endings.

post_12_44174_DSC00241.jpg

and here's a shot later on of the same hand healing....

Let me tell ya...it hurt to even pour WATER over this one. I'm not tryin to flame ya...just tryin to look out for ya. If you still want to go bare hands, then go for it. We ain't yer parents here...you have the final say in whatever it is you do.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|PACIFICBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109318394 -->

Palm.jpg

Back