Gloves... i hate them!

I hate wearing gloves! I have some Joe Rocket gloves and they feel good and look good... but I hate wearing them. Nothing like your actual skin touching the grips and feeling that personal touch with the throttle and levers. Also, sometimes, wearing gloves I don't twist the throttle the way I want. I'll over-do it and the bike will buck me. I prefer my actual hands! My own skin! Sure.... this leaves my hands open for a bruisin' IF I go down! I just prefer going without gloves on regular rides in town. But if I'm taking the bike on longer rides on open roads, I'll certainly wear gloves.... totally.

When I played baseball I was the same way.... I hated batting gloves! I guess I'm just a touchy-feely kinda guy and don't want anything getting in my way.... who knows....

Anybody else have the same "feeling" about this? I still wear the gloves but I admit I had to stop and remove them tonight... they were getting on my nerves!!!
I agree, but I have chrome grips, and my hands sweat, and slip when I ride, so I gotta wear gloves. I think wearing them all the time gets ya used to the feel when drag racing.

Hey Pan,Since the gloves are the only "gear" that you started wearing try and give them some time. Try some different ones.Your hands just are'nt used to them.I have a box full of different gloves,right now I just wear my summer gloves,but I have a warmer pair in my tankbag if our rides get late and chilly.I'm getting heated grips for winter,but I still have to carry a spare pair for the rain.Be patient you're not used to this whole gear thing.

HAHAHAha just try and wipe your azz with your opposite hand. Then you'll realize the importance of gloves.[/QUOTE]
OMG...ROFLAFellOffMyChair..
biggrin.gif

I love wearing gloves and actually hate riding w/out them.

1. They'll keep my hands from turning into hamburger if, God forbid, I get into trouble.
2. They really do help your palms/hands from tiring out, blistering, etc. on longer rides.
3. If you have very large hands/long fingers like me (XXL) the grips are too damn small in your hands and the gloves help them FIT into my hand much better giving me better feel and control.

The Alpine gloves I have are very comfortable, but don't offer as much protection as I like.  Next pair will be solid leather all-around.

<!--EDIT|Over_Easy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1157231028 -->

You oughta try some Buell gloves...they are the shiznit!
tounge.gif

I just had to replace my JRs (think they were pheonix mesh with carbon fiber knucks)... Had holes worn into the fingers.
smile.gif

Got a new pair of JR pheonix (but they just have hard plastic now instead of carbon fiber) and I'm surprised at how different it makes riding. My hands get tired faster for some reason. I occasionally miss the clutch pressure point as the gloves feel "sticky" or something. Just a totally different feel than my old JRs or my alpinestar gauntlets. Just gotta get used to them I guess.

I have Alpinestars SP2's leather & carbon fiber . Love 'Em ! I started out with the Joe Rocket nylon/leather and didn't care for the feel either .

I was the EXACT same way when I started riding. My buddy that was kinda coaching me on how to ride kept telling me dude you need to wear gloves. I wasn't about to because I hated how it felt. It was like I didn't FEEL the controls. I thought I couldn't ride as good with them on. Well I had my first good downer without them on. I tore all my fingertips off except for two of them, both of my palms had second degree friction burns on them, and the top of my right hand is scarred BAD even to this day. After that wreck I bought a pair of Icon Super Dutys to try out. It was awkward at first but now honestly even if it wasn't for fear of losing my skin again I would still wear them. Now that I have rode for years with the gloves on its the opposite.....I don't feel I can control things as well WITHOUT them on. My throttle control is so much better with em on and working the levers. I dunno if its just your gloves man but I can feel things just fine with mine. Maybe you should try a pair of super dutys. They might work better for ya.

By the way though u take a good sized rock to the knuckle at 70 + mph you will be very glad you didn't have your bare skin hanging out there. Even a bug at that speed will light you up enough to do some cussin.

Back