heated gloves - I need em

busa_bill

Life - tastes like chicken!
Donating Member
Registered
I bought a pair of "anti-freeze" glove liners yesterday from Cycle Gear. Figured they would help under my Joe Rocket insulated leather gloves. The price tag was hefty at $30, but figured it was well worth it if they worked.
Rode 50 miles this morning in 37ish temps and I couldn't tell these things were on. I saw no benefit at all from wearing them. Hands got just as cold, just as fast.

So I'm in the market for heated gloves, as I'm now confinced that no liner is going to help me.

Please post up if you have electric gloves and how you like them. Hoping to find a set that's not too bulky so I can still have a decent feel of the throttle.

Thanks!!!

You might consider heated grips. The wife loves hers, and I'm getting ready to install a set on mine.

AAAssjani.gif
AAAssjani.gif
AAAssjani.gif

have to agree.......put oxford hot-grips on mine last week....they are easy enough to install, and come summer...easy to remove...as they are wrapped around the existing grip with a very heavy duty velcro.... tried them without gloves on one of the coldest days recently...and almost burnt my hands...!! only drawback...they take a few days to get used to due the slightly larger diameter they create on the grip...

AAAssjani.gif

AAAssjani.gif

(Professor @ Nov. 22 2006,06:24) You might consider heated grips. The wife loves hers, and I'm getting ready to install a set on mine.
I've been chasing frozen finger remedies for a few weeks now. I'd hate to go with heated grips only to find that I still need something better. The heated gloves seem like the ultimate in hand warmth.

what to do? what to do?

Bro ... I had some widder heated gloves and vest for sale on the auction site ... size XL with controller ... just in case you decide to go that route adn they are your size.

I would like to suggest tourmasters winter gloves they are not heated but do a fine job. I ride my h-d down to 20 degrees and don't get cold digits. I can't hardly wear them if its not cold out. They also have a nice rain cover in a little concealed pouch in the cuff. I think they were about $60.00 A good product imo.

I have widder vest and gloves. I also ride year round. The vest has wires that hang down from the armpit to about mid palm. You plug these into the gloves. I have a wire pig-tail installed on my battery that I plug a section of wire with a rheostat(temp adjust knob) that in turn plugs into the bottom of the vest.
If I turn up the rheotat enough to make the gloves warm enough, then my torso is a bit too warm. If I set it for my torso, then my hands get a little cold.
The system is good down into the 20'sF. I have not been in conditions colder yet, but I am moving to Blue Ridge, VA in Jan., so I will probably get the chance this winter.

You can also get grip heaters that go under your grips and they work very good . I just don't want the wires on the bike .

I just use my old snowmobile gloves. They work well down in the low 30's.
Gets into the 20's, I'm cagin it.

Actually a heated vest will keep your fingers warm. If you keep your bodies core temp from dropping then you blood will be warm enough to heat the extremities. I am good down to about 22 degrees without either, simply by wearing a good base layer that keeps my core from dropping oh and keep the skull nice and toasty also. Good luck.

I want heated grips. I spent $70 on a pair of Powertrip gloves. They're awesome at 40° and above. Under 40° fingers get numb fast.

(dudewizr @ Nov. 27 2006,07:44) Actually a heated vest will keep your fingers warm.  If you keep your bodies core temp from dropping then you blood will be warm enough to heat the extremities.  I am good down to about 22 degrees without either, simply by wearing a good base layer that keeps my core from dropping oh and keep the skull nice and toasty also.  Good luck.
Not everyone is a Big Burley MOFO like you Joe
tounge.gif
. My lil butt need all the heated gear I can get my hands on( heated gloves, jacket liner, head liner and grandma hand knitted scarf to keep me warn on temp below 40 when riding).

Iron swingn Joe (Duddwizr) in action.
crazy.gif

IMG_3021.jpg

Have heated gloves by widder. They are great. I ride all winter in weather below 20 degrees and every part of my hands and fingers stay warm. I don't regret my purchase.

(busa_bill @ Nov. 22 2006,07:22)
(Professor @ Nov. 22 2006,06:24) You might consider heated grips. The wife loves hers, and I'm getting ready to install a set on mine.
I've been chasing frozen finger remedies for a few weeks now. I'd hate to go with heated grips only to find that I still need something better. The heated gloves seem like the ultimate in hand warmth.

what to do? what to do?
What worked for me riding in michigan was wearing tight fitting surgeon rubber gloves. They make your hands sweat and, providing you don't take them off in mid trip, will stay skin tight, sealed and keep your hands warm. I wore a cheap pair of thinsulate Gauntlet gloves over them which keeps the air from going up your jacket sleeve. Worked well riding on 30 degree days in michigan through the winter on clear days. For about 3 hours of straight riding that is.
cool.gif

I have a pair of Eurotex waterproof thermo control gloves. These aren't electric, but they are the warmest gloves I have ever worn. These gloves use a heating packet (you insert it into a pocket on the glove) these gloves heat up the whole wrist area and hand. The heated packets last for about 4 hours. I used these gloves when I was riding in the rain and snow in Oregon. The warmest my hands have ever been in cold weather. They aren't leather , but they are a guantlet type of glove and fit very well. Anyhow, just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

Last week I went out riding it was about 34 out and after 1 hour my hands where done, I have the widder vest might go with the gloves to, but I for one don't like the bulk of larger gloves, it takes away my touch. The trick is going to find something light and warm.

I know they look like crap but the cops use the boots keeps you dry and warm anyone using anything like that, something that comes off quickly, so it doesn't wreck your bikes looks.

Back