Heated gloves by Widder

ike

Registered
I'm looking for a pair of heated gloves. Does anyone know if they really work? I'm looking at the gloves made by Widder.
My hands felt like they were going to fall off today when I got home from work. I just can't stand not riding in the winter and as long as there is no snow or salt down I wanna ride.
Thanks.

I picked up a pair of Gerbing Classic Electric Gloves a little over a month ago $139.00 direct from Gerbing.

I received them in 4 days.

They are excellent at keeping my hands warm. Warm up is almost immediate.

They are a little bulky and can become a little tough to keep rapped around the grips but I can deal with that all day long while my hands stay warm. Not even a slight chill.

I first used them without the on off switch. They have a temperature control for another $69.00 portable and $79.00 for permanent. Thought the gloves atleast came with the on off switch.

If you decide on the Gerbings and do not opt for the temp controller make sure you ask for the on off switch $12.00

I'm glad I held off on the temp controller because even without the on off switch my hands didn't get hot. I did turn them off a few times when the temps rose after sun rise.

They never became to hot for me to tolerate. It takes me a half an hour to get to work.

I rode to work a few times last week at 28 degrees. My hands were warm the whole ride to work.

You may want to look at their new set ( G3 $169.00 ) that came out November 1st. They are supposed to be much more comfortable with pre curved fingers and waterproof.

I picked up a pair of Gerbing Classic Electric Gloves a little over a month ago $139.00 direct from Gerbing.

I received them in 4 days.

They are excellent at keeping my hands warm. Warm up is almost immediate.

They are a little bulky and can become a little tough to keep rapped around the grips but I can deal with that all day long while my hands stay warm. Not even a slight chill.

I first used them without the on off switch. They have a temperature control for another $69.00 portable and $79.00 for permanent. Thought the gloves atleast came with the on off switch.

If you decide on the Gerbings and do not opt for the temp controller make sure you ask for the on off switch $12.00

I'm glad I held off on the temp controller because even without the on off switch my hands didn't get hot. I did turn them off a few times when the temps rose after sun rise.

They never became to hot for me to tolerate. It takes me a half an hour to get to work.

I rode to work a few times last week at 28 degrees. My hands were warm the whole ride to work.

You may want to look at their new set ( G3 $169.00 ) that came out November 1st. They are supposed to be much more comfortable with pre curved fingers and waterproof.
I was considering buying heated grips.. but alot people are saying for complete coverage.. not just finger tips.. they way to go is the heated glove..

http://www.gerbing.com/divmc/info/works.html

if i can save money i might get a complete heated. suit..

I was considering Hot Grips but decided against because I have custom grips and not getting heat to my whole hand.

They are also not the easiest to install. They have to be cemented on in a good majority of installations.

I read about a lot of reviews by users of Hot Grips from how they work to how the installation went and compared to the reviews of heated gloves.

It was a no brainer for me. Took me about 10 minutes to connect the battery harness for the gloves.

Installation complete. Started the bike, plugged in the gloves and had good heated in about a minute.

Love my Widder's, both gloves and vest. It has the adjustable temperature knob. Rode in 30 degree weather and stayed nice and toasty. All I had on was my Joe Rocket Hard drive Jacket, JR Ballistic pants, one layer of thermal underwear, and the Widders.

i use a pair of thin knit ladies gloves under some good old snowmobil gloves.can do 40 miles in 28 degrees,before i start feeling it.but hey its winter at least im riding!!

I have several different sets of Touring gloves but I just can't get comfortable riding with them. Last year I bought a set of Held Akira gloves and absolutely love them. I want to add some grip heaters (I am thinking about the Dual Star kit). That way I can run any grips I want and my Held gloves will work year round too. Now if they were just waterproof.

http://www.dual-star.com/index2/Rider/heated_grip_kit1.htm

I've been using the Gerbings gloves and jacket liner for the past three winters after damn near freezing on my ride down to Florida from VA in March of 02.

When I first got the gear, the right glove kept popping the fuze. I took it back to where I got them and they replaced them no questions asked (Morton's BMW in Spotsylvania VA).

I had a problem with the left glove when I was riding from Florida back in April. I sent an e-mail to Gerbings and Jeff Gerbing (son of the founder, now in charge I guess) replied. "Send the gloves and we'll make it right".

In October when I was coming back from Arizona, the right glove stopped working. When I got home, I found out it was the connector on the jacket had broken off. I sent another e-mail and Jeff said to send it back and it'd be fixed.

Unfortunately when I got it back, the plug must have been put back on backwards (if that's possible) and it shorted out the right glove. Another e-mail and I've sent the jacket and gloves back.

The gear has worked without problem since I got them in 02. I've put three years of cold weather use on them so some wear is expected. I thought it was pretty cool that it's an unconditional warranty though.

Carl

Edit: 8 degrees lowest temp. 15 lowest without electrics (lowest so far this year with the gear in the shop right now).

<!--EDIT|dm_gsxr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132460694 -->

I love my Gerbing Classic gloves. I opted for the simple on/off switch instead of the temp controller. I haven't used any other heated items since I have a REALLY nice winter suit that's kept me warm down to 24 degrees.

Whatever brand you buy, you won't regret the money you spend. I think Gerbing has some kick azz service from what I've heard, but it's your choice.

try these babies.  they work well in cold weather conditions.  a few drawbacks, they are a bit thicker than the stock grips and are hard not cushioned.  these guys are great and they have a 5 year warranty.keep the hairy palms toasty

Back