Widder heated riding gloves.

ike

Registered
I have a pair of Widder heated gloves for three years now.
All three seasons something went wrong with them.
1st it was one glove,2nd season the adjustable thermostat went bad and
now this 3rd season another glove went bad.
I called the dealer I bought them from asking if they still sold them
figuring it would probably be cheaper to purchase a new pair then
to send only one glove out again. They told me they're selling 1st gear heated gloves now and had nothing but complaints about Widder gloves so no longer sell them.
Widder gloves do a great job of keeping your hands warm no matter how cold it is BUT broke down 3 winters in a row which is which I can't except.
Does anyone know of any other heated riding gloves or own the 1st gear gloves and how do you rate them? Thanks .

Funny you should ask...I just got these and tried them out on a not so cold day but I could feel the warmth. I'm leaving Saturday for a ride up hiway 1 for three days and it should get cold enough to really give them a try. Installation was a breeze and they come with a Hi Md and Lo setting thermostat that fits in a tiny compartment on the right glove. I run the wires between my jacket and its liner down the sleeves for connection to the gloves. Good price compared to many brands especially Gerbings and Widders. When I tried them on, they seemed too bulky. BTW, these TMs come a size small so order accordingly if you get them.

eBay Motors: XXL SYNERGY CORTECH TOURMASTER HEATED GLOVES ELECTRIC (item 220300989023 end time Nov-24-08 07:27:37 PST)

Tourmaster makes a heated glove and Oxford makes a removable heated grip. These are the main two in my area so they are the only ones I've looked at so far.

I have an old set of widder gloves. They still work fine. As they say, they don't make 'em like they used to.

I'm now using an electric vest ( again , older Widder) with a set of Tour Master elite gloves. This combo works great. I believe the electric stuff from Aerostitch is top rated.

If you keep the core of your body warm, with decent gloves, they won't need to be heated. At least not to the teens :laugh:

I use a Gerbing setup.
Two 'zone' thermostat.
Jacket in one zone.
Gloves and socks in the other.

With the luck I had with Widder I'll never get their gloves again.
I 'll have to check out those TM'S.
CBX rider, let me know how your TM'S work out for you.
thanks guys

Widder is closing up after the end of the year. No warranty work after Dec. 31.

I have had a pair of Widder gloves for about 4 years and haven't wore them much untill recently. On my way home from work yesterday one quit(open circuit in left glove). I called Widder and they are going to either fix or replace for free, which is great service, but you would hate to have them go down on a long trip.

My next set will be the Tourmaster Synergy gloves. They use carbon pads instead of wiring to heat.

Well I got a couple days worth of use with the new TM Synergy gloves and I like them a lot. To qualify that statement let me add that I've never tried Widders or Gerbings, just tried them (on) at a shop. Both seemed too bulky to wear comfortably. The TMs are not bulky and fit quite well but they do come a size small so order a size larger than usual. They're actually very good cold weather gloves even before you turn them on. It wasn't super cold on my trip but they never let my hands get cold and even on high they never got too hot. That actually surprised me. I figured that on high, they should get a tad too warm in not so cold weather but they didn't. Hopefully they'll work as well in really cold weather. Once I got the plug in procedure down pat, they weren't too much of a hassle putting them on or taking them off. Compared to the price of the other major brands, I'd choose these. If they fail in some way I'll sure let everyone (including TM) know how and why. So far, I like them and I'll be ordering harnesses for my other two bikes.

Back