Heated Gloves

rc51ny

Donating Member
Registered
I'm looking for some advise on heated gloves. I was out riding yesterday (23 degrees) and was totally warm except for my hands. I've got a Firstgear thermal one piece suit that rocks--but my hards are ready to freeze off. I've never had heated gloves before so I know nothing about them. I want to go this way instead of heated grips so I can use them on different bikes. Questions:

1. What brand are you using and would you recommend them?
2. Are the heated glove liners a good choice (cheaper) or go for the entire glove?
3. Best place to buy? (price, service, etc).
4. Other info you think I should know but I'm too dumb to ask!!! LOL

Thanks!

I have Gerbing. Got them from their online store, about mid to high average price wise. They are good quality and work well. Coldest ride was 30 with them. They are a bit on the thick side, but you're probably not looking to run a GP when it's 30 degrees outside anyway. That's really it. If you have a heated suit then just make sure what you get will plug into it. With my setup the jacket and gloves are on the same controller. This can be an issue because i could basically keep the gloves on full power all the time but have to cut power as the jacket gets too hot. I also tried FirstGear and they were fine too.

+1 on the Gerbings.
Kinda thick as said, and they keep my hands warm in the 30's too.

I'm interested in seeing some thoughts on this also. I've been considering some heated gloves also and been looking for a while but cant decide either. Cycle Gear has the new line of Sedici Hotwires apparel that I looked at last week. They have the gloves on sale for $119.00 and it comes with a heat controller. They also have the jacket and pants also but I use the Freeze-Out stuff and it works great except for my hands. I also have the Freeze-Out hand liners but they don't work so great.

I have Firstgear and love them. I have ridden down to about 30 deg. with them, with absolutely no problems. The heated gloves are all I need. I don't have or need any other heated gear. I do recommend the gloves. Got mine from the Motorcycle Superstore (a little over 100 bucks, a year ago). Well worth it IMO. :)

I've been thinking about the Gerbing gloves--I only want the gloves--tell me--how do they run size wise? True to size or do they run small? Thanks for the info

Thanks guys for the info. I think I'm going to get a pair of the Gerbings--now to find the best price. It appears you can only buy them online as none of the shops around me carry them.

Can't live without them. Powerlet no longer offers these, but they were sold under at least three different labels.

Dsc04228_800.jpg

Have a separate troller controls for the liner & gloves to get the heat just right, and it's wireless.

Dsc04229_800.jpg

Also have the Symtec heated grip (stick-on) installed, and one of my seats also has the Symtec heated seat pad installed inside the seat. Heated gear is expensive, but once you get it, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it. The new infrared jacket from Powerlet is the most amazing piece of gear, no more wires, the fabric is woven with micro-filaments and the fabric itself gets hot rather than coils.

7037933003_fdba9d39f9_b.jpg

Dsc04228_800.jpg

Dsc04229_800.jpg

Back