new gloves

Don't know and don't plan on finding out about how they hold up, but they will remain on my hands. Two different wrist straps and one is extremely well designed. Good points.
super.gif

Just ordered the Teknic Lightning Gloves myself (after reviewing org. member experiences compared to Alpinestars and JR)...$80.00 plus shipping.

Looked at some HELD gloves myself but they don't justify spending another $120.00 in comparison. After a crash I'd end up geting a new pair whether they are HELD, AS, JR, Teknic, etc. So why throw a $200 pair of gloves away when I can throw away an $80.00 pair?

Teknic_glove.jpg

I like alpines but the protection is kinda thin for my needs...I've got one of these and its the best one for me...

i18268.jpg

It IS worth the money for the best gloves you can buy.

I am a HUUUUUGE fan of the Alpinestar GP Pro gloves. I have a set and love them. I Crash tested them at around 100 on the track and not only did they hold up, they are good for at least another crash.

For what its worth, I do not like the GP Tech gloves. they are too much plastic, they are uncomfortable and bulky.

I also like the webbed finger design on the alpinestars.

(jjmetheny @ Feb. 09 2007,19:44)
(FadeTwoBlack @ Feb. 09 2007,12:41) Some killer deals at New Enough on closeout gloves.

New Enough Closeouts

No connection or business interest - just a happy customer...
http://www.newenough.com/held_profi_glove_page.htm
$92 plus shipping for the Held Profi Race Gloves. I have the Held Krypton gloves and I would have to say they are my favorite glove out of the 4-5 pairs that I have owned.
That is an awesome deal on that Glove! If you try on a pair of Held gloves you will see what all the hype is about. Though the Alpinestars are great too. The only thing is if you are even considering paying this kinda loot for gloves go and try em on. My Held's have very long fingers on them (or I have short fingers?) and some don't dig that.

I have the AS GPP's in black as posted above. They are a very well built glove no doubt, and the stitching being Kevlar helps me think the $ was worth it, as does the kangaroo leather sewn in the right friction surfaces. On my hands, they do feel a little thick thru when holding the grips, makes me feel like I need a larger diameter bar or something; possibly the palm area needs more breaking-in so it doesn't bunch up there I don't know. The webbed pinky-ring finger is a welcome touch also, I've peeled my pinky fingers back a few times on the old dirt bikes and couldn't imagine doing it at Busa speed! Good luck with your choice and if possible, go try them on, or at least make sure if you order you can return if you dont like them.

Charlie

Back