Get off the ZX-14s tip

Okay,
In the early 90's (90-91) I was riding a CBR 600 (Hurricane) and slobbering all over the Kwak ZX-7.  It was a beautiful green and white, with the tubes over the tank....it was awesome.  I lusted over it, but it was too much bike for me, so I switched to a Gixxer 6 instead.  I rode that bike for a little over five years.  When I picked up SSgt in '97, my wife told me I could get a truck or a new bike.  The bike won, but I was torn between the newest model ZX-11 (D) or the Gixxer 1100.  I chose the KWAK based on looks and color (the forrest green was awesome).  The bike was a POS.  Had to change the tank and carbs within 5 weeks of owning the bike, ended up selling it and buying a minivan.

In '99 I was over on Okinawa and riding the snot out of ZZR and GSXR 400s and hearing about this new Hayabusa.  Never saw one, but they sounded pretty cool.  In 2000, I came home to the states on Emergency Leave.  The family situation was stressful, so on the way home from the hospital, my wife suggested that we stop in a motorcycle shop to relax....(she's a keeper!)
We walked into a Zuk stealership and under lights they had a '00 Blu/sil.  I sat on it and I decided then and there I would own one.  My wife asked that I not buy a bike on Okinawa, but when we moved it would be okay.  I bought Bessie in 2003 and have been in love ever since.

I said all that to say this:
I bought my Busa because of the way it looked, the way I felt when I saw it and the way a felt when I sat on it.  I have never have such a gut feeling about any other kind or type of bike.  So, I bought it.  There are those who feel the same about KWAKs, more power to them.  Fewer eople to compete with for Busa stuff.  As far as the KWAK being a Busa beater, okay....we'll see.  If the -14 was a girl and I was describing her to friends, I would say she had a good personality!  I don't like it and won't buy one.  Technology moves forward, sometimes slowly, but, just like evolution, sometimes in leaps and bounds.  There is no doubt in my mind that Zuk, KWAK and HDA have not stopped trying to keep up with the Joneses.  Personally, I haven't pushed Bessie to her limits - I don't think I have it in me.  So, there is no reason to buy a different bike (especially not a bigger one) until I grow into my own abilities more than now.  There are people out there who have to have the biggest, best, fastest, etc.  Good on them, I hope they ride safe.  I'll be staying with Zuk and I'll ride Bessie until her wheels fall off, then probably buy the new GSX 9,000,000R that will have come out by then.

Oh and remember that we are talking about 53 CC's on the motor.....jeez, talk about penis envy.  
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: "Duhhhhhhhhhhh"|1127057937 -->

Yeah, cause lord knows my nearly bone stock busa just isn't fast enough for me.
laugh.gif

I have a 2003 ZX12R and am going to buy a 2006 Busa--while I was riding my STOCK Kawi I dusted Busa's LEFT and RIGHT (modified and unmodified)!  People forget--it isn't JUST the bike it's also the RIDER!!!!  Having a powerful beast like a Busa just makes it that much easier to race the big boys. But you can't jump like Michael Jordan just because you buy his dang shoes! The reason I am buying a new Busa and not another Kawi is style and comfort. The Kawi is like a Cadillac and is very smooth but I always loved the stylings of the Busa. 53cc's doesn't mean a darn thing. It will NOT give a Kawi rider an advantage.  The only advantage a Kawi rider would have is to be a BETTER rider then the Busa rider because they will basically be the same machine... just that the Busa is sexy and the other one looks like a toy from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoons.

OK...when you bought your busa did you think time was gonna stop and technology would not advance any further!

Get a grip people!  So what if the new Ninja is faster....If it matters that much....go buy it.  It could turn out to be a dud, just like the previous: ZX-12R.

Enjoy your Busa.  Its an awesome machine.
very well said!

There is definitely room for more sportbikes out there. As of late we only had two contenders for bikes this large: Busa and ZX12R.  I would like to see EVERYONE put out a super crotchrocket. Yamaha, Honda, anyone!  As far as the sportbikes go 1200's and up is lonely territory.

53cc's doesn't mean a darn thing. It will NOT give a Kawi rider an advantage.  The only advantage a Kawi rider would have is to be a BETTER rider then the Busa rider because they will basically be the same machine...
Yup...

It's only a wee bit bigger and, I'll bet, detuned.

And really, really ugly.

Frankly, I'm not even thoroughly convinced it's going to be any faster than the 12r so we may still have a stalemate.

Then, lest anyone think that Suzuki's going to introduce a monster in response, consider this -- they'll have one year in which to do it since the draconian emissions regulations take effect in '08.

Would it really behoove them to do so? Probably not.

Suzuki guys will just have to get used to BNG and the Kawasaki guys will just have to get used to bugface.

+1

The Busa is an instant classic. It reminds me of the original Shelby AC Cobra, either the 289 or the 427. A benchmark of all around performance and style that's just so cool that everything is compared to it.

It's a great bike and even if it's one day not the fastest, it's still f****ng fast! ! ! And with it's impeccable manners it's a pleasure to own and ride.

xblueman.gif
Well put. I love mine as well. In fact, I'm going riding right now.

I don't understand whos talking crap about the new ninja ? Of course it wil be faster if not it will flop! And of course Zuk will come out with something after that. and so on and so on .....

People will still walk by a dozen ZX's to look at one Busa. I did
smile.gif
Always have, always will. Legends aren't built every year ya know!

The Busa has not NEEDED to change much since its magnificent beginnings.  Perhaps a little healthy competition from a rival bike may get them to kick things up a notch or two.  A lighter frame? Some nice extras?  Who knows?  There is something about the Busa that simply commands respect and will continue to do so EVEN if they must adhere to the #2 spot in speed which I do not forsee ever happening.  The Hayabusa IS the fastest thing on the road as long as it is in competent hands.  I know a couple riders that thought they would be the baddest riders on the strip once they got their Busa's and found out the hard way that they should have just stuck with their R1's.
cool.gif

..........a little over 2/3 of a decade later, introducing the new ZX-14! :wizard:

For most of us the Busa is a work in progress.  The Kawi might be faster that a stock Busa, but how many of us are riding stock?  Busa is the ultimate blank canvas for go fast parts.  Let Kawi bring the new bike on.  Hopefully some of the their riders will be optimistic and put some money down thinking they are faster!

My 99 busa is stock,except for kn filter, pc3usb, ss brake lines. Doesn't need anything more, it's allready great. It was nice when it was undoubtedly the fastest bike on the planet, it's a great bike.
YOu can ride it all day long in comfort, not many things you can't pass without even have to down shift.

It goes around corners pretty good too.

Dec. 2004!
I had my choice to buy any bike on the planet!
I chose the best!
If I had to choose again today,  same choice!
That damn thing rides itself!
What could possibly be better??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Yea, SOME guys just want Bragging rights of being able to say "My bike is faster than your bike". Big deal! Most of the time they haven,t even got the Ball,s to back it up with.
laugh.gif

The Busa has not NEEDED to change much since its magnificent beginnings.  Perhaps a little healthy competition from a rival bike may get them to kick things up a notch or two.  A lighter frame? Some nice extras?  Who knows?  There is something about the Busa that simply commands respect and will continue to do so EVEN if they must adhere to the #2 spot in speed which I do not forsee ever happening.  The Hayabusa IS the fastest thing on the road as long as it is in competent hands.  I know a couple riders that thought they would be the baddest riders on the strip once they got their Busa's and found out the hard way that they should have just stuck with their R1's.
cool.gif
I STRONGLY AGREE WITH YOU, I'M SURE ZUK ITS WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT EVER SINCE THEY BUILT THE BUSA, BUSA WAS BUILT TO BREAK PARAMETERS AND BE AT THE TOP EVEN IF THE KAW IS FASTER AT THE MOMENT (WICH I DOUBT) THE BUSA WILL EVENTUALLY BE STRONGER AND BETTER BIKE YET...GREAT FORUM GUYS
bluegrab.gif

You guys don't think for one minute that Suzuki is going to take this laying down, do you?
rock.gif

If the '06 Busa was going to be pretty much the same as the '05, why would Suzuki be hiding it still?
wink.gif

No way Suzuki is going to be King from '99 to '05, then just go away!
laugh.gif

Back