Get off the ZX-14s tip

Devil Dog

Donating Member
Registered
OK...when you bought your busa did you think time was gonna stop and technology would not advance any further!

Get a grip people! So what if the new Ninja is faster....If it matters that much....go buy it. It could turn out to be a dud, just like the previous: ZX-12R.

Enjoy your Busa. Its an awesome machine.

+1
mad.gif

I am with you it is a ZZR not a Zx. I like kawi but damn. nothing has the most respect and class and the Triumphet BUSA

+1

The Busa is an instant classic. It reminds me of the original Shelby AC Cobra, either the 289 or the 427. A benchmark of all around performance and style that's just so cool that everything is compared to it.

It's a great bike and even if it's one day not the fastest, it's still f****ng fast! ! ! And with it's impeccable manners it's a pleasure to own and ride.

xblueman.gif

the busa will always have a place in garage but new technology is always interesting people are just excited about the new stuff as well as i but doesn't mean i really care about owning one or how fast it is. Its just the aprecation of scooters that get up and go really really well
tounge.gif

I am with you it is a ZZR  not a Zx.  I like kawi but damn. nothing has the most respect and class and the Triumphet BUSA
My bad.....

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>ZZR</span> I stand corrected. THANKS, man.

Regardless, The Busa is a classic. Enjoy the Baddest bike ever made!
Even if the 14 is faster, Who cares!

Oh-yeah, if the ZZR is faster....we can just go into denial like the present ZX-12 guys.
tounge.gif

I still prefer the styling of the Busa. The only problem is - it really is a technological museum piece for all practical purposes. It could have been improved so much over nearly 1 decade. Using lighter materials, adding a bigger bore engine, using ballast according to rider preference to improve stability without affecting the improved cornering that resulted from the lightening...better suspension geometry...

In any case - I still want a Busa...
tounge.gif

Call it what You will but Kwak is calling it a zx and It's ugly

2006 Ninja ZX-14
All-new 2006 Ninja ZX-14
A manufacturer is defined by the motorcycles it makes, and the defining characteristic of Kawasaki motorcycles has always been power, lots of power. This, combined with their excellent handling qualities and overall balanced performance has made Kawasaki motorcycles the most feared and respected machines in motorcycling. Kawasaki’s flagship machines have set the performance standards that others have followed.

This tradition continues with the incredible new Ninja ZX-14, a machine which delivers as yet unheard of levels of performance and excitement. Whether accelerating like a jet on afterburner or slicing effortlessly up a curvy mountain road, gobbling up the miles on the way to lunch across the border or moving deftly through traffic on the way to work, the Ninja ZX-14 leaves all other big-bore road burners far behind.

Powered by an all-new engine force-fed with Ram Air and fuel injection, the Ninja ZX-14 churns out unheard of levels of thrust. This is Kawasaki’s most powerful engine ever. Every twist of the wrist brings a shot of adrenaline straight to the rider’s cerebral cortex.

The chassis is equally impressive. The Ninja ZX-14 runs an advanced version of Kawasaki’s unique aluminium monocoque frame. Lightweight and very stiff, this sophisticated frame gives the bike both responsive handling qualities and incredible highway stability.

The Ninja ZX-14’s aerodynamics are what one would expect from a manufacturer of high-performance aircraft. Shaped by the wind, the bike’s sophisticated aerodynamic package was designed to help maximise the sport riding experience.

Part Ninja, part legend and all excitement.
The Ninja ZX-14 In Brief
Like its predecessors, the Ninja ZX-14 was designed to set the standards for two-wheeled excitement. The rider who throws his leg over a Ninja ZX-14 will know that he sits astride the world’s most powerful production motorcycle, a machine offering unparalleled levels of engine and chassis performance — in short, a machine the likes of which the world has never seen.
Kawasaki’s Most Powerful Engine Ever
One press of the starter button tells the rider that this is the most powerful street bike in the world. Yet in spite of the Ninja ZX-14’s incredible performance, careful engine tuning allows almost anyone to enjoy the bike’s softer, more rider-friendly side. And it is this duality that makes the big Ninja ZX-14 such a tantalising machine to own and ride.

Next Generation Aluminium Monocoque Frame
Impressive as the Ninja ZX-14’s engine performance is, and it is very impressive, it is the lightweight handling qualities which will favourably impress so many riders. Never has a “big bike†offered such lightweight and responsive handling. The secret? Kawasaki’s next generation aluminium monocoque frame.

Latest Evolution of Kawasaki Aerodynamics
For a combination a high-speed stability and low drag, the Ninja ZX-14 features an advanced aerodynamics package based on Kawasaki’s many years of developing high-performance aircraft. Whether zooming cross-continent or carving up esses in the mountains, the Ninja ZX-14 slips through the air with finesse.

The Aura of Power
In a world where performance is everything, the new Ninja ZX-14 has it all: the ride quality riders expect in flagship machine, turbine-smooth power across a mile wide rev-range, and the unmistakable presence that emanates from the world’s most powerful machines.

___

2006 Ninja ZX-14
All-new 2006 Ninja ZX-14
A manufacturer is defined by the motorcycles it makes, and the defining characteristic of Kawasaki motorcycles has always been power, lots of power. This, combined with their excellent handling qualities and overall balanced performance has made Kawasaki motorcycles the most feared and respected machines in motorcycling. Kawasaki’s flagship machines have set the performance standards that others have followed.

This tradition continues with the incredible new Ninja ZX-14, a machine which delivers as yet unheard of levels of performance and excitement. Whether accelerating like a jet on afterburner or slicing effortlessly up a curvy mountain road, gobbling up the miles on the way to lunch across the border or moving deftly through traffic on the way to work, the Ninja ZX-14 leaves all other big-bore road burners far behind.

Powered by an all-new engine force-fed with Ram Air and fuel injection, the Ninja ZX-14 churns out unheard of levels of thrust. This is Kawasaki’s most powerful engine ever. Every twist of the wrist brings a shot of adrenaline straight to the rider’s cerebral cortex.

The chassis is equally impressive. The Ninja ZX-14 runs an advanced version of Kawasaki’s unique aluminium monocoque frame. Lightweight and very stiff, this sophisticated frame gives the bike both responsive handling qualities and incredible highway stability.

The Ninja ZX-14’s aerodynamics are what one would expect from a manufacturer of high-performance aircraft. Shaped by the wind, the bike’s sophisticated aerodynamic package was designed to help maximise the sport riding experience.

Part Ninja, part legend and all excitement.
The Ninja ZX-14 In Brief
Like its predecessors, the Ninja ZX-14 was designed to set the standards for two-wheeled excitement. The rider who throws his leg over a Ninja ZX-14 will know that he sits astride the world’s most powerful production motorcycle, a machine offering unparalleled levels of engine and chassis performance — in short, a machine the likes of which the world has never seen.
Kawasaki’s Most Powerful Engine Ever
One press of the starter button tells the rider that this is the most powerful street bike in the world. Yet in spite of the Ninja ZX-14’s incredible performance, careful engine tuning allows almost anyone to enjoy the bike’s softer, more rider-friendly side. And it is this duality that makes the big Ninja ZX-14 such a tantalising machine to own and ride.

Next Generation Aluminium Monocoque Frame
Impressive as the Ninja ZX-14’s engine performance is, and it is very impressive, it is the lightweight handling qualities which will favourably impress so many riders. Never has a “big bike†offered such lightweight and responsive handling. The secret? Kawasaki’s next generation aluminium monocoque frame.

Latest Evolution of Kawasaki Aerodynamics
For a combination a high-speed stability and low drag, the Ninja ZX-14 features an advanced aerodynamics package based on Kawasaki’s many years of developing high-performance aircraft. Whether zooming cross-continent or carving up esses in the mountains, the Ninja ZX-14 slips through the air with finesse.

The Aura of Power
In a world where performance is everything, the new Ninja ZX-14 has it all: the ride quality riders expect in flagship machine, turbine-smooth power across a mile wide rev-range, and the unmistakable presence that emanates from the world’s most powerful machines.

___

2007 will MARK THE RETURN OF THE KING!!! sorry for the lord of the rings reference!!!
super.gif

Faster bikes are sure to come in the future but I still love my busa and I will for years to come. It may or may not be the fastest production bike available today, but it's still fast enough to scare the crap out of me on occations. I'm keeping mine!

I am with you it is a ZZR  not a Zx.  I like kawi but damn. nothing has the most respect and class and the Triumphet BUSA
My bad.....  

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>ZZR</span>     I stand corrected.  THANKS, man.

Regardless,  The Busa is a classic.  Enjoy the Baddest bike ever made!
Even if the 14 is faster,  Who cares!
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Kawasaki coming out with a zzr13 and a zx14. I thought that was what I've read, but if I'm wrong I stand corrected.

2006 Ninja ZX-14
All-new 2006 Ninja ZX-14
A manufacturer is defined by the motorcycles it makes, and the defining characteristic of Kawasaki motorcycles has always been power, lots of power...... etc.
This is just propaganda until the numbers are in and we have a few test rides to read about. No mention yet of horsepower/torque, wet weight, quarter miles etc.

I didn't buy the Busa because it's the fastest bike on the plannet, that was just gravy. So if the Kow is faster, still doesn't change the reasons I bought the Busa. Style and comfort for a big guy. Once you start moding them, it really doesn't matter what the factory numbers are anyway. I know of at least 2 GSX1Ks that can beat a stock Busa.

Hey guys, enough Kawi bashing. I once owned the mighty Busa and switched to the 2005 ZX-12R. I love both bikes and if my money is right I may get the ZX-14. Like someone said before the technology is something else. All of the bikes will be obsolete as years go by and newer bikes emerge. The "sibling rivalry " is fun, but I think the love of ALL bikes is the most fun. Once they come out with a bigger bike (for bigger boys) in Hondas and Yams I might try those out too.
laugh.gif

Back