GENII Removing lower gear restrictions

Build a new map. Remember when you do , Air, Fuel , Timing. Get the ratios right. When you start opening the stp's up, And put a lot more fuel, And timing in it the bike will run completely different. It will be a lot easier to ride and pull a lot harder. I did not like the stock settings at all. Its like you can ride it easy or you can let it rip. it takes a long time and a lot of maps. Suzuki would crap if they knew what I did to this thing.

This is horrible advice without a wideband. Unless you doing pulls and going through a small fortune in plugs you have no idea where your tune is at.

the only timing differences between any gears are at light throttle, low rpm. Wide open timing is the same in all gears. On the gen 2 busas the secondary throttle plate tuning is different in gears 2-4 (don't open as fast), so if you are doing low rpm roll ons in 2nd-4th gear, you could make the bike more responsive by matching the secondary throttle plate tuning to gears 1,5,6.

TRE is all hype.

Smithabusa - so if I remove the restrictions for all gears (GenII), there will not be an increase in performance under WOT? but I will gain low end responsiveness and/or an increase in the rate at which the power comes on down low?

If speaking specifically about WOT conditions, where the Busa is humming in the upper rev range, then there is no advantage gained in turning the restrictions off - except for the 6th gear limiter. Correct?

I thought I read that the Slew Rate was a form of traction control that manages the rate at which the motor will accelerate, thereby keeping the rear wheel from accelerating too fast and maintaining traction. Can the Slew Rate be adjusted to gain a performance advantage by letting the motor accelerate quicker? or is the Slew Rate the same as the Secondary Throttle Plate?

Sorry for all the questions...but my understanding of the ECU Editor will determine if there is an immediate gain to be had, by purchasing the hardware. Seeing how I will not attempt to tinker with AFR's, leaving that to an experienced tuner...this becomes a project pushed down the road, if I can not benefit from an immediate increase in performance.

Thanks for you answers and experience!!!

Back