GPS Mod to eliminate the 6th gear eliminator.

Have any of you modified the GPS (Gear Position Sensor) on your GENII?
I would like to eliminate the 6th gear restriction and didnt want to go with the
TRE along with mounting an aftermarket gear position LED block on my dash.
I see a few sell this mod for over $100.00. Basically they take the OEM GPS and
change the resistance for the 6th gear position to match the 5th gear resistance
with a simple .23 cent resistor.
I began looking for an OEM GPS on ebay and found one for 20 bucks shipped to
my door:thumbsup:
Any advice on modifying the GPS? Looks like the most difficult part will be removing the
epoxy backing to access the resistors. Any hints on doing this?
There was a step by step post here awhile ago to do it, but since the rights got sold to Schnitz it looks
as the pictures are no longer available?

you can just buy the de restrictor from boostbysmith.com and can turn on and off with toggle switch and it plugs right in. only like 30$

i got rid of mine with the ecu editor...boostbysmith.com sells de restrictor for cheaper and sounds like a much easyer install then that...

Get the ecu editor from boostbysmith, that way you get rid of the gearing restrictions along with the top speed limiter.
All you need is a 2 wire jumper harness on your bike that goes to empty pin locations for the ecu editor. That way you don't even have to own it if you know someone that has one.
You think you like power wheelies now? Try them with the restrictions gone:laugh::thumbsup:

Get the ecu editor from boostbysmith, that way you get rid of the gearing restrictions along with the top speed limiter.
All you need is a 2 wire jumper harness on your bike that goes to empty pin locations for the ecu editor. That way you don't even have to own it if you know someone that has one.
You think you like power wheelies now? Try them with the restrictions gone:laugh::thumbsup:

Or send the ecu to Powerhouse:dunno:

Or send the ecu to Powerhouse:dunno:

Not knockin PH, but that costs alot more, about double. The ecu editor does other cool stuff without a dyno too.
I have to stand behind Greg Smith, as he has helped me personally several times and is excellent to deal with.
Powerhouse is going to remove the restrictions too and load a good base map if he has one for your application.

Not knockin PH, but that costs alot more, about double. The ecu editor does other cool stuff without a dyno too.
I have to stand behind Greg Smith, as he has helped me personally several times and is excellent to deal with.
Powerhouse is going to remove the restrictions too and load a good base map if he has one for your application.

I have a bench flasher for ecu editor and have done 4 Busas. Removing the gearing/top speed restrictions alone is worth the $200 for the ecu editor.:thumbsup:

I'll give another bump to boostbysmith. He even walked me through which port to plug where when my dumb ass couldn't figure it out. Great product, great guy!

Hook a Busa Brotha up then???

Send me your ecu, I'll take the restrictions out for nothing.
All it is is a box you click to turn them off and then click flash. Wait about 4 minutes and done.
I also turned the fans on 5 to 10 degrees sooner(if you want). I NEVER even touch the fuel/ignition map screens, that's dyno only.
I'm no tuner, but the software is straightforward and easy to use. It's a free download so you can check it out.
One ecu editor does as many bikes as you plug it into. The 2 wire jumper that stays on the bike allows you to plug directly into the bike (without repinning), and the bench flasher allows you to plug the ecu to the computer off the bike(no jumper on bike needed).

Send me your ecu, I'll take the restrictions out for nothing.
All it is is a box you click to turn them off and then click flash. Wait about 4 minutes and done.
I also turned the fans on 5 to 10 degrees sooner(if you want). I NEVER even touch the fuel/ignition map screens, that's dyno only.
I'm no tuner, but the software is straightforward and easy to use. It's a free download so you can check it out.
One ecu editor does as many bikes as you plug it into. The 2 wire jumper that stays on the bike allows you to plug directly into the bike (without repinning), and the bench flasher allows you to plug the ecu to the computer off the bike(no jumper on bike needed).

Much thanks:thumbsup: but I was refering to the OPs ecu.

Or his then. I'm not advertising or charging, just an offer:beerchug:

(in a strained voice) I...must....resist....the....urge...to...mod...my....bike:laugh:

I keep telling myself it is fine just as it is. Over and over and over.......:banghead:

(in a strained voice) I...must....resist....the....urge...to...mod...my....bike:laugh:

I keep telling myself it is fine just as it is. Over and over and over.......:banghead:

If I lived closer I'de steal your reflectors and mudflap. That would get you off to a good start.:poke::laugh:

If I lived closer I'de steal your reflectors and mudflap. That would get you off to a good start.:poke::laugh:

:rofl:

My wife would hunt you down for the mudflap. :crowbar: My 06 was chopped and every time we got caught in the rain she got a road grime stripe up her back. Threatened my manhood if I did anything to his one.:down:

Back