Proof, removing the ECU restrictions equals no peformance gain!

Shooting fish in a barrel? Its obvious you dont know much about bracket style drag racing. I guess you also view throttle stops are for amateurs. The Biondos (One of the most successful bracket racers in the country) are amatuers since they use throttle stops on there cars and dont run em to there full potential.
Bracket racing is not for everyone as not everyone understands it and isnt very successful in it. This narrow mind of thinking leads people to the grip and rip it mode ohh wow I can go fast , in my mind! Yay I can pretend or think I am ryan schnitz but really your not making anyone say Ohh wow cause your not running in the 6's at 200 mph so really your just another weekend warrior at the track getting loaded up when it comes to dial in time.

Again, who cares about bracket racing.... ???

This thread was suppose to be about eliminating the ECU restriction, and you still have provided no proof or real testing results... :banghead:

Up here in New Hampshire we all bracket race 7 second street bikes.
In the quarter...
The title of this thread is silly. The ability to modify the ECU and the flash support out there from people like Petrik and others is the single greatest reason to own a Hayabusa.

Up here in New Hampshire we all bracket race 7 second street bikes.
In the quarter...
The title of this thread is silly. The ability to modify the ECU and the flash support out there from people like Petrik and others is the single greatest reason to own a Hayabusa.

Truth!!! :beerchug:

Shooting fish in a barrel? Its obvious you dont know much about bracket style drag racing. I guess you also view throttle stops are for amateurs. The Biondos (One of the most successful bracket racers in the country) are amatuers since they use throttle stops on there cars and dont run em to there full potential.
Bracket racing is not for everyone as not everyone understands it and isnt very successful in it. This narrow mind of thinking leads people to the grip and rip it mode ohh wow I can go fast , in my mind! Yay I can pretend or think I am ryan schnitz but really your not making anyone say Ohh wow cause your not running in the 6's at 200 mph so really your just another weekend warrior at the track getting loaded up when it comes to dial in time.

Ive got no problem with throttle stops on a 9 sec car to run a 9.5 however I would have a problem limiting that same car to 12 secs, if you get your rocks off running 600 times and taking the win thats just fine I prefer the buz of the speed and will go heads up over a boring bracket anytime you like.

:crowbar::crowbar::crowbar: I can't believe this thread is still going!!!!!

People thrive on drama! Look at this number of views!

@johny
I run 112 mph taking off in C mode and pick the front wheel and carry it in 2nd when shifting into a mode.
I run 117 taking off in and running in A mode.

If a 5mph difference is a make or break for excitement you really need to get out more often.

People thrive on drama! Look at this number of views!

@johny
I run 112 mph taking off in C mode and pick the front wheel and carry it in 2nd when shifting into a mode.
I run 117 taking off in and running in A mode.

If a 5mph difference is a make or break for excitement you really need to get out more often.

Its not the terminal its the ET???

Not going as slow as a 7.30-7.40.
Can you imagine running a mid 11 on a GENII Busa???
How embarrassing!!!

I've seen paint dry quicker, and it was much more exciting than bracket racing.

Maybe embarrassing to you if your worried about what others think of you. I out grew this phase of having the need to show off in front of others when I was in my mid 20's
Your like the kid on the street popping a wheelie on his bicycle thinking your really doing something in front of the other kids saying look at what I can do but in reality all the other kids can it also. Just the same as having a stretched lowered busa dime a dozen.

What really seems embarassing is you have 208.6mph/ Texas Mile. 10/24/10 all motor 1635cc Busa on your profile. 1635? Sounds big and 208 does seem all that fast?
So I looked up texas mile speeds and found this..

Scott Guthrie
Hayabusa
FPA
Rich Yancy
Hayabusa
FPA
Ben Beckert
Hayabusa
FPA
Charlie Anstaett
Hayabusa
FPA
Terry Kizer
Hayabusa
FPA
Dave Owen
Hayabusa
FPA
Tom Gates
Hayabusa
FPA
Russ Montgomery
Hayabusa
FPA
John Rockers
Hayabusa
FPA
Carl Francis
GXXR1000
EPA
Kevin Mullner
ZX-14
FPA
Bill Shoemaker
Hayabusa
FPA
Clint Pruit
Hayabusa
FPA
Jennifer Roberson
Hayabusa
FPA
Thomas Barker
Hayabusa

It almost sounds like your 1635 Busa is in C-Mode also :dunno:

And here is a girl at the Texas mile

Jennifer Robertson broke the standing mile record for the world’s fastest female on a motorcycle with a speed of 243.6 MPH on a Suzuki Hayabusa. Motorcycle tuned by Johnny Cheese.

And your only running 208 on a 1635CC Busa Engine?? Now thats embarassing.

How many of those are running all motor?

Almost NONE.

Just like bracket racing, people think there isn't anything to LS racing until they try to break 200 mph. Just sit there and hold the throttle open, right?

How many of those are running all motor?

Almost NONE.

Just like bracket racing, people think there isn't anything to LS racing until they try to break 200 mph. Just sit there and hold the throttle open, right?

It's to bad they shut Maxton down so he can't see how hard it is lmao. Every bike he listed was turbo lol. We're not supposed to feed trolls are we?

It's to bad they shut Maxton down so he can't see how hard it is lmao. Every bike he listed was turbo lol. We're not supposed to feed trolls are we?

Hard?? Wonder if I should go wot with blue or blac leathers.. man its a real challenge to make 5 shifts. Damn I only went 199.9 let change the nitrous jet gimme 15 mins wooohooo 200.6 wow! I can throw kid off the street on a bike to just grip and rip it.. your a hero!!

Yankee, I've done my share of drag racing...and I'm by no means one. I'm staying out of the whole argument.
I do want to know though; you really don't think that the bike power wheelies at lower rpms much easier now with the restrictions gone?

Remember folks, we may lock threads, we may remove posts, but all things stay on the org forever and ever, we dont delete anything. It cracks me up because sometimes with threads like this.........you can really view the character in a person. Carry on my friends, this is entertaining.

Yankee, I've done my share of drag racing...and I'm by no means one. I'm staying out of the whole argument.
I do want to know though; you really don't think that the bike power wheelies at lower rpms much easier now with the restrictions gone?

Hey Marty,

In all honesty no it doesn't feel any different. My bike has always wheelied easy in 1-2-3 with my setup.
I can verify that there is no longer any restriction in 6th now that I topped out at 198.

Hard?? Wonder if I should go wot with blue or blac leathers.. man its a real challenge to make 5 shifts. Damn I only went 199.9 let change the nitrous jet gimme 15 mins wooohooo 200.6 wow! I can throw kid off the street on a bike to just grip and rip it.. your a hero!!

Do it without nitrous and see where you are. I would agree that it would be fairly simple if you were spraying but then that wouldn't be a challenge really now would it.

Back