Proof, removing the ECU restrictions equals no peformance gain!

:stirpot:

Bracket racing rules place a premium on consistency of performance of the driver and car rather than on raw speed, which in turn makes victory much less dependent on large infusions of money and more dependent on mechanical and driving skill such as reaction times, shifting avilities and ability to control the car. This racing format allows for a wide variety of cars racing against each other. While traditional drag racing seperates cars into a wide variety of classes based on power and weight, bracket racing classes are simpler, and can accommodate any vehicle with basic technical / safety inspection.

Again, mis-information. Bracket racing rewards the faster vehicle in two major ways.

first one to redlight loses, so if your trying to cut the light close with an 11 second bike, you have a 20% chance of bulb-ing and going back to your trailer. And if you don't cut that light close, you have a 100% chance of losing. If you do manage to cut a good light hold on because I will be going by you at 185 mph, so don't attempt to sandbag and tap the brakes like 90% of the bracket bikes out there. The slower vehicle HAS to run there number. The faster bike doesn't.

:stirpot:

Bracket racing rules place a premium on consistency of performance of the driver and car rather than on raw speed, which in turn makes victory much less dependent on large infusions of money and more dependent on mechanical and driving skill such as reaction times, shifting avilities and ability to control the car. This racing format allows for a wide variety of cars racing against each other. While traditional drag racing seperates cars into a wide variety of classes based on power and weight, bracket racing classes are simpler, and can accommodate any vehicle with basic technical / safety inspection.

Straight from Wikipedia. Too easy.

Bracket racing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe embarrassing to you if your worried about what others think of you. I out grew this phase of having the need to show off in front of others when I was in my mid 20's
Your like the kid on the street popping a wheelie on his bicycle thinking your really doing something in front of the other kids saying look at what I can do but in reality all the other kids can it also. Just the same as having a stretched lowered busa dime a dozen.

What really seems embarassing is you have 208.6mph/ Texas Mile. 10/24/10 all motor 1635cc Busa on your profile. 1635? Sounds big and 208 does seem all that fast?
So I looked up texas mile speeds and found this..

It almost sounds like your 1635 Busa is in C-Mode also :dunno:

Poor guy.......

I can't. You wouldn't even understand.

If you knew me, you would know that none of that drivel is even close to my personallity.
I only pointed out how boring 7s is, because it IS!!

Keep going slow, and having fun. I'll keep trying to go faster and quicker, even if I am inconsistant.

Poor guy.......

I can't. You wouldn't even understand.

Keep going slow, and having fun. I'll keep trying to go faster and quicker, even if I am inconsistant.

The line below that is all they need to know... 208.6mph/ Texas Mile 10/24/10 :bowdown: case closed :thumbsup:

Yes old thread but timeless ;<)

Reading some post ohh man my bike feels so much stronger now that I had the restrictions moved BLAH BLAH BLAH its IN YOUR HEAD!
This has been my experience with many mods I have done. People jump up and down about it and I feel like it's almost unnoticeable.

Actually not totally suprised with your results, if I recall correctly the factory timing retard in 1st-4th is only in the lower rpms below 5000RPM. when you go 100% throttle like at a dragstrip there is no difference in the timing retard. But saying that when riding around town in the lower rpm and throttle positions you would notice a small difference.
Yeah, you're replacing the ECU resatriction with C mode restriction + I assume WOT and at least 6000 rpm. There should be no ECU restriction under those conditions.

Removing the restriction doesn't add power but tuning the ecu thru ecu editor makes that available power more smoother and useable.
Yes I know there is lower midrange partial throttle restriction. I can feel it sometimes in second gear. IDK if it's flies or timing but there is a sudden lift in power at a certain engine speed....maybe 3-4 thousand rpm. You might drop down to that rpm in road racing but never in drag racing. Definitely a street riding factor I would like to address.

Have your ecu flashed.
It Does make a difference Street riding.

For the record, I flashed lankeeyankee's ecu...and he did Not want the s.t.p's changed, opening rate or fueling (not the air/fuel ratio).
He said that would mess up his bracket racing.
I also told him adding timing at lower rpm's would not benefit him, as he left the tree above 6k rpm.
So the ecu flash improvements were not gained by him. Which is unfortunate, because this thread is misleading.

Back