GENII Removing lower gear restrictions

What are your before and after opinions of removing the lower gear restrictions in the ECU on the GENII? Look for as many opinions as I can get since everyone has different opinions on "The seat of the pants HP"

Do it! It made a big difference and is basically free if you can borrow or rent a ecu flasher. Which I have for rent by the way :)

well....i couldent handle it before and now i really cant handle it....:laugh: but i love it anyway...go for it...

the only timing differences between any gears are at light throttle, low rpm. Wide open timing is the same in all gears. On the gen 2 busas the secondary throttle plate tuning is different in gears 2-4 (don't open as fast), so if you are doing low rpm roll ons in 2nd-4th gear, you could make the bike more responsive by matching the secondary throttle plate tuning to gears 1,5,6.

TRE is all hype.

Is this the same as removing top speed restictor on gen2 busa?

Not the same, but both are done at the same time now(click one box for both instead of a box for each) in the newer versions of ecu editor.

the only timing differences between any gears are at light throttle, low rpm. Wide open timing is the same in all gears. On the gen 2 busas the secondary throttle plate tuning is different in gears 2-4 (don't open as fast), so if you are doing low rpm roll ons in 2nd-4th gear, you could make the bike more responsive by matching the secondary throttle plate tuning to gears 1,5,6.

TRE is all hype.

I've played with the secondaries in ecu ed before.
What's the easiest way to copy the 1,5,6 map to 2,3, and 4?

Not the same, but both are done at the same time now(click one box for both instead of a box for each) in the newer versions of ecu editor.
Thanks for that sixpack577.So where do i get the new version of ecu editor with this function?

Thanks for that sixpack577.So where do i get the new version of ecu editor with this function?

Just download the newest version of the software. It'll prompt you to do so if you haven't already.
Smithabusa is the guy to answer all of your questions though.

Build a new map. Remember when you do , Air, Fuel , Timing. Get the ratios right. When you start opening the stp's up, And put a lot more fuel, And timing in it the bike will run completely different. It will be a lot easier to ride and pull a lot harder. I did not like the stock settings at all. Its like you can ride it easy or you can let it rip. it takes a long time and a lot of maps. Suzuki would crap if they knew what I did to this thing.

Build a new map. Remember when you do , Air, Fuel , Timing. Get the ratios right. When you start opening the stp's up, And put a lot more fuel, And timing in it the bike will run completely different. It will be a lot easier to ride and pull a lot harder. I did not like the stock settings at all. Its like you can ride it easy or you can let it rip. it takes a long time and a lot of maps. Suzuki would crap if they knew what I did to this thing.

Unless you're a good dyno tuner, and have done alot of Busa's on a dyno with similiar mods and in the same conditions(temp, elavation, ect) then I don't see how you could build a map without being on a dyno. Especially given the number of individual cells.
You can add fuel all day, and really all that will happen is at some point you'll over do it and the bike will run poorly.
Take fuel away and you can get in trouble real quick.
This is not something for just anyone to play around with.
Hopefully Smith can give some imput on this.

Air, Fuel , Timing. Get the ratios right.

In every single cell, and having no way to check to see if they are optimum for that specific point?
Not saying it can't be done, just don't quite grasp that way of doing it.

Back