Gen3 first service cost?

DJJimGreen

Registered
Hey gang,

I tried googling this but couldn’t find anything. I was just quoted 660 dollars (!!!!) for my first service on my gen 3 hayabusa. That sounds ridiculous and I was hoping to retort with some quotes of cheaper options if you were able to get service for less.

What’s normal for a gen 3?

Thanks!

I have read though that some dealers in other countries require first maintenance duties to be performed by an authorized dealer. In all these year I think I’ve had mine at a dealer or shop mechanic only for wheel bearings, fork seals, valve clearance checks, chains and sprockets, new brake fluid and SS braided brake lines. A dealer installed new Arashi rotors the last time the fork seals were replaced at 65,000 miles. Lots of oil changes later I’m now around 83,000 Smiles.

Last edited:
Happy to hear it’s lower than I’m being quoted. I figured as much but at least I can go back and challenge their cost. I’d do it myself, but wanted the first service done by them just to avoid any potential conflict later on.

Just got a response back to my challenge.. wtf is throttle valve sync?

“It's a 3.5 hour service. Most of that labor is the throttle valve sync. I attached a copy of everything that is done in the 600M service.“

Just got a response back to my challenge.. wtf is throttle valve sync?

“It's a 3.5 hour service. Most of that labor is the throttle valve sync. I attached a copy of everything that is done in the 600M service.“
Sync that soon? That's not right.

Sync that soon? That's not right.
Its actually in the service manual to check the sync at 600 and 7500. I did my own sync since I know the dealer didnt do it in the 2 hours they had the bike for the first change. I will tell you to tear down the bike and do just the sync alone is almost 2 hours and thats if you know the bike very well. To take the fairings off and lift the tank on this bike its roughly 30 minutes being careful not to break anything or loose tiny spacers. Getting to the ports are a pain in the butt. Also you have to hook up scan tool to do this as well. 600 may be a bit steep but with shop rates at 125 an hour in most places 3.5 hours is about right. A gallon of full synthetic motul 300v was over 80 dollars last change. Add filter and crush washer too. Chain clean lube and adjustment should be done as well.

Yea, he pasted it over from the manual, so I believe it. The real question is, do you really need to do a throttle sync? I’ve never had that done on any bikes previously.

Back