Gen 3 'busa has been dropped off at dealer to have ABM Superbike handlebar kit installed.

The kit cost an incredibly high (for me) $699- USD. I got it from Spiegler. They custom-cut the brake and clutch cables because the stock ones are too short.
Quality of all parts looks pretty good. The kit is supposed to raise the grips as high as 3" and move them back as far as 6", according to the info which came with the handlebar I selected. There are a number of choices for the handlebar: shape, diameter, color, material (aluminum or steel.)
I should probably hear something within a week; they're not too busy because the average daytime temperature around here has been 30 degrees F.
Hi can you share the exact type of handle bar you ordered , pls do send pics of the bike with you sitting on it for me to understand better . Thanks

There are Many bends of handlebars available from multiple brands.
You have alot of handlebar options available that will work with enough slack for both handlebar switch wiring harnesses to still reach.
This is an example of how to measure handlebars.
You can use a piece of wire that you can bend, and it will keep its shape.
Measure, cut, and bend the wire to a shape close to a certain size handlebar.
Hold the wire against the top-plate(upper triple-clamp cover), account for the distance from the top of the top-plate, to the bottom of the saddle that the handlebars sit in.
Also consider that risers of different sizes can be added here.
This should give you an idea of where your hands would be on the grips, and how much more upright your back would be.
As for your feet, sitting on the bike, take your feet off of the pegs, place your toes under the pegs, and lift up your feet and heels.
That will give you an idea of where the pegs would be with a 40mm drop, as it is a noticeable improvement for your knees, taking away some of their bend.

Screenshot_20240319-100453_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240319-100613_Gallery.jpg

I just got a call from the dealer; my bike is ready. Their labor rate is $100-/hr., which is less than most. The local Honda auto dealer charges $135-/hr. Anyway, the bill came to EIGHT HUNDRED DOLLARS. That's right; it took 8 hours to do it. It's a Gen. 3 so it has ABS, and apparently that's a lot of work right there. I didn't get into all the details on the phone because I was trying to enjoy a Valentines Day meal in a nice restaurant. (It's the last nice restaurant I'll be going to for a while.)
I don't know if they had to sculpt the windshield to make room for lock-to-lock steering. I'll be going to pick it up on a warmish day. It's 20 degrees F. right now. That'll give me some time to sell an organ or two to raise the cash.
BEWARE! Make sure you can't do it yourself before you sign up to spend this much money. When I get to the dealer, I will get the whole story and find out why it took so many hours to do.
Pls share pics when u get the bike back

I got a rough idea ,would be greatful ifvu sat on the bike and pic taken from side holding the handle bar . Only if I’m not asking for too much . Sorry and thanks

T
Sure. We had an ice storm here a few days ago and there is no electricity. When the power comes back normally I will put up the link to the instructions from either ABM or Spiegler, I forget. I can take any measurements you want as well if you let me know what you want.than

Thanks again , you don’t have to worry about handle bar touching the the tank . The windshield doesn’t look if it’s was cut or was it ? Do share if you have the template for cutting the windshield so I can take a printout . I’m beginning to get excited , but for you I would have not known about ABM .!!!.

Thanks again , you don’t have to worry about handle bar touching the the tank . The windshield doesn’t look if it’s was cut or was it ? Do share if you have the template for cutting the windshield so I can take a printout . I’m beginning to get excited , but for you I would have not known about ABM .!!!.
The mechanic cut the windshield but I don't know if he used a template or not. I haven't had a chance to speak with him since I picked up the bike.

The mechanic cut the windshield but I don't know if he used a template or not. I haven't had a chance to speak with him since I picked up the bike.
Haven’t you added bar ends ? Or is it I just can’t see them . Thanks for all your help and fantastic pics , your clothing makes me think it must be cold there . Here it’s in the 90 s lower +

Haven’t you added bar ends ? Or is it I just can’t see them . Thanks for all your help and fantastic pics , your clothing makes me think it must be cold there . Here it’s in the 90 s lower +
90s!! It's been in the 30s (F.) here. We're talking ice and snow!!
No bar ends yet except for the stock Suzuki ends. I want to get the stainless steel mirrors and heavy bar ends from Spiegler:

90s!! It's been in the 30s (F.) here. We're talking ice and snow!!
No bar ends yet except for the stock Suzuki ends. I want to get the stainless steel mirrors and heavy bar ends from Spiegler:

Then again, I could get these:

Back