Gen 3 'busa has been dropped off at dealer to have ABM Superbike handlebar kit installed.

Here is my old Gen1 that Timmyduck owns now, with handle bar kit and ZX14 Masters

20220611_152907.jpg

Dunno yet. They said they would, but I'll let you know when I get them. I'll take some pics also.
Re: Schnitz racing rearsets plate: I have to buy a longer shifter and brake pedal because the plates move the rearsets back. I have to call to find out what exactly I need. Schnitz does drag racing and I don't want to set the bike up as a drag racer.

I hope these pictures give an idea of where the handlebar is now. I can definitely sit more comfortabley on the bike and a one hour ride I took yesterday was pretty comfy and confidence-inspiring. I will ride it more and give some more impressions.
I can say without reservation that the adjustment made the bike into something I will want to keep and go for long rides on. Before, I wasn't sure.

I've just recently converted my '99 Gen 1 with ABM top yoke kit and Renthal 754 Road Low bars.
I'm a mechanic with 40 years working in the trade, and I did the job at home, it took 4 hours but I was working at a slower pace than if I was at the shop.
I got the kit from Bikermart UK, paid NZD$542 delivered to NZ and bought the Renthals locally for NZD$120 so $662 all up.
If I was to do the same job at the shop it would've been around $400 labour, at a hundred bucks an hour.
@chobers It appears your bike turned out well, you will enjoy cruising long trips on it, just as I do now on my Gen 1.

Did you get bar end-caps, or one of the 2 sizes of bar-end weights?
The weights do help with any vibration, even mild that you don't notice until you add or remove them.
I don't have anything added to the bar ends. I think they are what came on the original Suzuki clipons, but the service guy was on the phone when I went to pick up the bike so I couldn't ask. I'd like to get heavier weights and bar-end mirrors, maybe.

I don't have anything added to the bar ends. I think they are what came on the original Suzuki clipons, but the service guy was on the phone when I went to pick up the bike so I couldn't ask. I'd like to get heavier weights and bar-end mirrors, maybe.

Bar-end mirrors, end-caps, and 2 different size weights are available, and all bolt on very quickly and easily.
You can order them through ABM or Spiegler directly too, you don't need the dealer to do it.

Bar-end mirrors, end-caps, and 2 different size weights are available, and all bolt on very quickly and easily.
You can order them through ABM or Spiegler directly too, you don't need the dealer to do it.
Thanks, I've got my eye on the bar end mirrors which contain no glass. They polish up the metal and that's the mirror. Brilliant!

Why no bar ends?

the stock weighted ones work great

Why no bar ends?

the stock weighted ones work great
I didn't have time to talk to the service guy; I have to go back for an in-depth, for-publicaion interview.
However, it looks like they replaced the stock bar ends, which fit perfectly. I only rode an hour but didn't notice vibration. I might go with some heavier ones, especially if they'll give me some more room for bar end mirrors.

Hi , I’m 65 yrs old , rode my friend s gen 3 Busa yesterday , I found it very aggressive to my liking . Should I first try helibars ? I doubt any of the extra long cabling would be available in india though it looks tempting . Thanks

Hi , I’m 65 yrs old , rode my friend s gen 3 Busa yesterday , I found it very aggressive to my liking . Should I first try helibars ? I doubt any of the extra long cabling would be available in india though it looks tempting . Thanks
If you can install the helibars yourself I would give it a try. You'll only get an inch more upright position, however. That's why I went with the ABM Superbike Handlebar Kit. It lets me sit up at least 4 more inches, maybe more, but is very expensive.

Back