Gearing

riggsracin

Registered
I have a 05 busa with exhaust lowered. mps auto shift., stock lenght, been running 9.48 at 149 with a 16 toooth front? now i have the shifter but havent ran yet? what gearing would be best? heard the lower the gearing the better 60 ft

Dont go too low with the gearing at short wheel base. You'll be looking at the sky alot. since you already have the 16f, I'd try 42 rear to start off with. Its almost a trial and error thing with gearing. Ask 10 people and you will get 7 different answers.

How much do you weigh? More gear will give you a quicker short time, but too much will stand you up.

LMAO. I'd say 42 would be fine on a stock wheelbase. I have a 6 over arm and weigh 260, ran 16/44 on a full exhaust. When I switched to a sidewinder I should have added some more gear, but never got around to it.

I'm about 140 and at stock length I was 16/42. I had a hard time keeping the front end down in 1st which hurt my 60ft. But try it out its not that expensive or complicated to change the back sprocket....

I am at 16-45t and 220lbs. I could not get the bike to 60ft out the high 1.5s occasionally with the 42t. Switched to a 45t and ran a 1.50 first few times out.

im a heavy weight at 125 lol

I was wondering how you got 149mph out of it.

I need to set you on my bike! ;)

My bike has more horsepower and it liked a 17/44 at 148-149mph. (I was right at 245lbs) I run a 18/41 on the street.

I was wondering how you got 149mph out of it.

I need to set you on my bike! ;)

My bike has more horsepower and it liked a 17/44 at 148-149mph. (I was right at 245lbs) I run a 18/41 on the street.

I'm running 18/42 street and track. I used to run 16/42 at 4"s over and stock motor. Anyways Riggs, wiyou seem to be a jockey, you shouldn't have too much trouble getting used to the extra umph in the first couple of gears!!

Last edited:
i dont know what my hp went up so much here is a complete list of my mods when i last ran
Brocks/ hindle street smart
welded clutch mod
lowered
pilot power race pr3 rear tire
straped front end
tuned with a teka tool
one tooth town in front
just every thing brock davis said to do
also stock short stacks in air box
stock air cleaner think thats it
Best time 9.49 140
new mods