Frustrating kids at sons school

It's mud?? Does that car use dex-cool for the coolant. I had a 97 that did and it got clogged up with what looked like mud, but it was "silicone like" build up. its probably mud but I just hate to think people ate really that mean.
Posted via Mobile Device

No doubt it was mud... It was clear a few weeks ago when we checked his coolant...

There will always be jealousy, it's sad. I can relate to the situation. When I was a Sr. in high school (Class of '98) my parents bought me half of the car I wanted (a '95 Z28) and lots of kids at my school were jealous too. My graduating class had 72 people in it. My car was spit on multiple times and keyed. I'm glad I had some good friends though, we found out who did it all and well...lets just say it was taken care of. I still have the car today. Hope you got it all fixed and flushed out! Might want to pop the water pump off to make sure one day...

There will always be jealousy, it's sad. I can relate to the situation. When I was a Sr. in high school (Class of '98) my parents bought me half of the car I wanted (a '95 Z28) and lots of kids at my school were jealous too. My graduating class had 72 people in it. My car was spit on multiple times and keyed. I'm glad I had some good friends though, we found out who did it all and well...lets just say it was taken care of. I still have the car today. Hope you got it all fixed and flushed out! Might want to pop the water pump off to make sure one day...

We flushed it pretty good today... When it get's above freezing I will get the pressure washer out and flush it good and pull the thermostat...

welcome to the generation of not taking responsibility. These kids want a car but wont work for it, other kids want video games and steal it instead of buying it, my personal favorites, the kids who think that mommy and daddy have to give them their car when they get old enough.

I did things to peoples cars back in the day but it wasnt for the purpose of i want it and you shouldnt have it. Mine was mostly revenge but I was a mechanic and they were not so my jokes were always a little more serious.

To this day I think the best joke to pull on someone is taking one side of the platic wrapper from a pack of smokes and dropping it into the fuel tank. it never actually harms anything but sucks up to the filter or pump and then shuts the motor down thinking it is out of gas. then it falls away the car starts and drives again.....this happens repeatedly. The only way to get it out is by torching the gas tank open. I'm just sayin

My son told me that he was confronted in school last week by some upper classmen that told him he was spoiled for having the car he has. He told them to get a job and they could have one too.. He said they looked at him kinda shocked and said "You have a job?" he told them that he works all spring, summer and fall and is off in the winter...

Frustrating that kids would sabatoge someone elses car because they were jealous...

Sorry to hear Cap!

This crap pisses me off pretty bad. I got the same crap in HS because I had a nice car. I worked my butt off to afford it and didn't get a dime from my parents for payment, insurance, gas, etc....nothing! I got all the jealous remarks just glad no one ever damaged the vehicle. Then again, it felt good having the fastest car in school and paying for it myself... :laugh:

welcome to the generation of not taking responsibility. These kids want a car but wont work for it, other kids want video games and steal it instead of buying it, my personal favorites, the kids who think that mommy and daddy have to give them their car when they get old enough.

Don't get me started on this.....it all boils down to piss poor parenting. Lets not forget there are kids graduating from college that have NEVER had a job in there life... :banghead:

Evan paid for half of the car, he gets 30.00 a week allowance. He has to manage that money he gets from us. That 30.00 is his lunch money, gas money and extra spending money for movies or whatever he does after school. If he wants more spending money they he has to use his money he earned at work.

We don't spoil him but we have taught him how to get what he wants by working for it. He wanted a new head unit in his car so dad helped him pick it out and make sure he didn't get screwed. Dad installed it and we spent some great time together. He decided he wanted speakers so dad went with him and taught him how to get a deal and how to choose what would be best... He paid for it dad installed all the speakers and the amp and we spent time together.

This latest deal just pushed me over the edge, they want to see spoiled... maybe they will settle for hear spoiled... We don't just run out and buy him expensive things he usually works it off or just buys it outright. This time, dad ordered the amps, subs and custom box and he had no idea I had done it.. He will be as suprised as everyone else....

Life isnt fair but ya know sometimes dads can help to equal the playing field a little... He is a great kid, good grades, great heart and never ever in trouble... Super respectful and honest... Yeah I think it's okay if dad does this...

cap

You are correct Captain, there is nothing wrong with what you are doing and I do not think anyone here is saying that at all. The parents that are in question about being bad paretns are the ones that allowed there kids to do this to Evans car.

My dad was the same way you are, I wanted a truck he helped me get one, I payed for it. Something broke, he would teach me how to fix it, I would fix it. I wanted something pointless for my car LMAO, he would try to talk me out of it....try mind you. Then he would help me get what it was I wanted.

And Got Busa?, I work Security for a retail store back home, when Im home. I see kids all the time stealing high end stuff and then I get mixed feedback from parents when they come in to pick them up, most happy I busted their kids the other upset becuase money isnt coming into the house.

i hate to hear that, jealousy will make people do crazy stuff, i hope it stops there, and props to you captain for handling it the way you did

+1000 on the locking gas cap especially after hearing the cigarette wrapper trick:whistle:
ive had a couple F bodys and the taking the gas tank out is not easy

Locking hoodpins, locking gas cap, wheel locks, and a Glock sticker. Or get him a taser.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Evan paid for half of the car, he gets 30.00 a week allowance. He has to manage that money he gets from us. That 30.00 is his lunch money, gas money and extra spending money for movies or whatever he does after school. If he wants more spending money they he has to use his money he earned at work.

We don't spoil him but we have taught him how to get what he wants by working for it. He wanted a new head unit in his car so dad helped him pick it out and make sure he didn't get screwed. Dad installed it and we spent some great time together. He decided he wanted speakers so dad went with him and taught him how to get a deal and how to choose what would be best... He paid for it dad installed all the speakers and the amp and we spent time together.

This latest deal just pushed me over the edge, they want to see spoiled... maybe they will settle for hear spoiled... We don't just run out and buy him expensive things he usually works it off or just buys it outright. This time, dad ordered the amps, subs and custom box and he had no idea I had done it.. He will be as suprised as everyone else....

Life isnt fair but ya know sometimes dads can help to equal the playing field a little... He is a great kid, good grades, great heart and never ever in trouble... Super respectful and honest... Yeah I think it's okay if dad does this...

cap
Better get an alarm that has a proximity sensor or that stereo system is going to disapear.

1. Make sure it's reported at school - never know what the future holds.
2. Tell your son to remember to lock his car in the future (they had to have gotten in it to unlock the hood)
3. You can get a locking radiator cap.
4. Better get a locking gas cap
5. Park where everybody can see the car, so if (and i'm afraid when) they key it, someone might see it.

I'm really surprised someone would go to all the trouble to put mud in the radiator, when either keying it or putting something in the gas tank would have been more effective and easier to get away with. I'd check into that 'mud' thing as posted above as it's logical.

Sorry to hear this Doug. I am just going to mention the movie Christine. Lil punks will have to be scooped up with a shovel after a while:laugh:

Back