Doesn't pay to have anything nice

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
You guys remember this video from June when my new car had 600 miles on it?

I got the hail damage fixed and I now have 2200 miles on it. I was coming home from work on Friday in rush hour traffic and a 1 ton truck pulling a 30ft trailer with no cargo was in front of me.. As the truck and trailer starting bouncing I could see gravel on the trailer sliding towards the back. I couldn't get enough distance in time... Gravel came off the trailer and sprayed my car and breaking the windshield. I pulled up next to the truck and honked and got his attention. The driver rolled his window down and asked me what was wrong, I told him he just broke my windshield, he yelled back at me to just call ACME... Yeah right, I told him to pull over and after he realized he was stopping one way or the other he stopped on his own...... I got his insurance information and drivers license, I took pictures of them with my phone. We stood there next to the trailer and I showed him big pieces of gravel on the trailer and he reached over and grabbed some and threw it off to the side of the road. I picked it up and put it in my pocket. He said he forgot to sweep the trailer off... Im hoping that there isnt a big push back from the insurance since the car has low mileage and he pulled over....

My first new new car, very frustrating...

KNG_7075.jpg

KNG_7075.jpg

Last edited:
Crap, Doug, that just sucks. I hope they take care of it without giving you too much hassle.

That is rough when you can see it coming but can't get out of the way fast enough.

That really does suck!!! I will say this though...be glad you wasnt on the busa!!!imagine if that had hit your helmet or the busa!

I had a ton it issues with my bike when it was white. Original owner dropped it, I dropped it, went into the ditch, another bike fell over on it and my dad backed into it and knocked it over. Painted it black and so far so good.

maybe you could use new paint???
Posted via Mobile Device

No it really doesn't. I've saved a few vehicles by hitting car washes when the hail starts.

Oh, I forgot to sweep...:whistle:
Welcome to the world of irresponsible selfish American drivers. They are many and everywhere. This crap happens all the time here and I'm shocked he actually pulled over.
Hope it all works out w/ the Ins. co.

Was it a comercial vehicle? If it was Cap you should have called the state trooper or D.O.T

I don't know how they are over there but D.O.T. would have crucified him and when they're done you can bet dam sure he will never forget to clean his bed, and thats if he passes the on the spot vehicle inspection he is going to get. D.O.T. here doesn't like to give just one they will check the truck from bottom to top.

Oil leaks, lights, hell if you are missing a mud flap on the rear of your truck they will down it right there and not let him drive it.

yes it is a commercial vehicle, acme is a owner opp company that leases on both big trucks and HD class c, good deal you took pics and I wouldnt think you would have any problems, most people try to tell you they cant do anything cause it was a road hazard but its gonna be hard for them to argue with photos. they should make that dummy pay outta his pocket for not checking his trailer.

Sorry Cap, a man cant have anything nice. I know we have to have them, but I absolutely hate dump trucks.

Sorry for all the frustrations. Hopefully your insurance can recover all costs from the other guy. At least it isn't vandalism because you have a nice new car, just crazy circumstances. This too shall pass!

and I'm sure if it were an old beater you wanted to get rid of of have a damaged so you could get rid of it, .....nothing would ever happen :banghead:

oh yea, always stay waaaay back from Dump Trucks. Learned that lesson maself

Back