Front sprocket cover broken

man?

if you have so very little idea about the motorcycle, as your question above about "the part" (clutch sleeve) suggests, you'd better not tinker,
especially not without a manual (see my link above) otherwise the whole thing can become so difficult under certain circumstances
that you still have to go to the oh-so-expensive shop because you can't get it back together correctly on your own.
I just have to try not giving up now but thank you for the advice and the help

...but we learn by Doing.

yes of course - that's called life

but if you e.g. just tighten one single M6 screw on the sprocket cover too tightly, i.e. with way over 10 Nm, and tear the thread by that out of the gearbox housing, such a trying get expensive super quickly.

the tool, time sert, here size m6 from wuerth, to safely save the thread, costs around 100 € .

and if you make a mistake in using the wuerth time sert, the gearbox is scrap and that is mega expensive.

so much for learning by doing .

some faults shouldn´t be done or should be avoided in any case.

yes of course - that's called life

but if you e.g. just tighten one single M6 screw on the sprocket cover too tightly, i.e. with way over 10 Nm, and tear the thread by that out of the gearbox housing, such a trying get expensive super quickly.

the tool, time sert, here size m6 from wuerth, to safely save the thread, costs around 100 € .

and if you make a mistake in using the wuerth time sert, the gearbox is scrap and that is mega expensive.

Yes...I know how to do all of that

Thanks for the info just trying to stop from oing to these expensive ass shops shops here when i can do it myself thats it
If you have an interest and are willing to take a lot more time than a shop will spend, do it yourself and you will learn. If you don't have the interest you are probably better letting a shop do your work but it's certainly possible they will break your motorcycle too.

I believe how it happens is when you install the sprocket cover, it obviously has to be on the dowel pins and you have to tighten the bolts evenly so the cover draws up to the engine case squarely. If the cover goes on cocked, it might crack. The slave cylinder probably presses outward a few millimeters when the cover is removed. There is a retainer plate to prevent the slave cylinder from popping all the way out but it tightening the sprocket cover bolts might be how the cylinder is compressed so the clutch is under normal tension. If my assumption is correct, you could avoid the daner of cracking the sprocket cover by removing the whole clutch slave. This would be best done before removing sprocket cover and then installing the slave after the cover is installed. Most people would rather avoid that extra work and you would need to put a C-clamp on the slave while it's hanging there to keep the cylinder from popping out under fluid pressure.

The slave cylinder support Berlin showed is a very good one. Look up Exoticycle slave support for Gen2 Hayabusa on Schnitz's site. Think it's about $60. I'm sure it's a few ounces heavier than the less expensive supports but that thing will ensure your sprocet cover won't crack from clutch spring pressure. I'm sure when you remove the sprocket cover, the support stays on so it's there to support when you install the cover. The cheaper supports might need to be removed before the sprocket cover is removed which would render those supports useless for reinforcing the cover during installation. I remember talking to Schnits about 8-10 years ago and he said they use the cheaper ones which have always worked well for them.

How did you or anyone else learn to be a mechanic? Somebody obvioulsy had to get some tools and work on things before they knew how to do it. The manual can tell you generally how it's done and taking advice from more experienced mechanics can save a lot of trial and error but if you don't do it, you won't ever learn it.

How did you or anyone else learn to be a mechanic? (...)

usually, here in germany ;) , in a 3 year lasting apprenticeship
where trained mechanics with journeyman's certificate and master craftsmen explain everything first and then also supervise the work of the apprentice.

should the apprentice make a very bad mistake and damage something beyond recovery, the company / workshop has insurance to pay for the mistake.
(the very best way of learning by doing)

but
if you only try to screw privately, you have to rely on really knowledgeable friends who then explain what, how, where, when to do, and the manual aside
but all that without any insurance
and if then the so called "beginner-in-screwing" makes faults this can be very expensive, that have to be payed by him
what then would be a super hard learning by doing

all alone in my workshop, without much experience i would distance myself from this learning by doing, as it can, depending on what you are working on, very quickly lead to my financial end

not to forget the danger to end 6 feet lower by making faults at a bike that reaches 65 mph in less than 3.5 seconds.

i myself started the screwing 47 years ago, at an age of 16, by pulling the spark´s cap and turn out the spark plug
what a knowing friend told me as a first try to get the "mofa" alive again (2-stroke, 1-cyl., 5hp).

I agree, wrenching on your own bike entails some risk. Mitigating those risks includes taking as much time as I want. I don't have anywhere near that much time to avoid risks when I ride the bike but I still ride. It's all a numbers game, how likely is it to happen, what will it cost when it does happen? All you can do is make a logical assessment and if it's too risky, you don't do it.

okay - we reached the philosophy. ;)

a logical assessment bases always on the number and the strength of experiences.

so the younger you are
the smaller the number of experiences only can be.

extremely seen - totaly no experiences at all cause for 100% sure non-logical assessments and lead to bigger faults / issues.

And yes - age does not protect against folly,
but the risk of nonsense wrenching becomes much smaller with the number of years of wrenching.

okay - we reached the philosophy. ;)

a logical assessment bases always on the number and the strength of experiences.

so the younger you are
the smaller the number of experiences only can be.

extremely seen - totaly no experiences at all cause for 100% sure non-logical assessments and lead to bigger faults / issues.

And yes - age does not protect against folly,
but the risk of nonsense wrenching becomes much smaller with the number of years of wrenching.
Delicately touched on, brutally honest, pulling of zero punches!
I concur.

Back