Swapping sprocket cover.

Another reason,it will not crack like a stock cover on impact when in wreck,Leaving you stranded waiting on a flat bed.

That's why the billet sproket has been selling for years now!

Use it before it cracks and it will never crack...no high dollar parts needed(unless u like to spend $$$ on bling parts no one can see).
First off I am not trying to disrespect you or your product. My reply was aimed at you stating you would rather make something "workable" rather than fix it and then take precaution to avoid future happenings.

Second, I have seen the "braces" before. The downfall to the braces is the fact that they are just barely stronger than the OEM cover to begin with. You took some "billet" and machined in down and created sharp corners and thin spots of weakness. Billet covers not only support the cylinder at the mounting points but also the full circumference of the slave cylinder upon a shelf or step which I see your brace also has(but contact is severely less with your brace). Your brace has strength from 2 mounting points, a cover would have 4 mounting points.

Okay these are merely actual strength gains. Overall gains. If you use the OEM slave cylinder seal and a 2 pieces of 3/4" rubber with the billet cover, you can keep the chain gunk off your push rod. Can the brace do that?

Finally the covers are designed to direct a chain out and down in case of a break. Anyone who claims that a certain chain is the cure all to broken chains would personally terrify me to hear anymore of their advice. Chains are wear items and they are prone to failure regardless of who makes them, PERIOD. I have heard literally dozens of stories of guys who survived broken chains will very little damage and they all give credit to their billet covers for this occurance.

Disclaimer: I am not selling billet covers nor am I a vendor here. These statements are purely based upon experience and feedback from riders for the last 8 years.

Not trying to harp on you as a Sponsor, but the billet cover is the way to go. And yes, you can see my blinged out billet /chromed piece very nicely....
IMG_9207.jpg

That's what I said. If the billet cover gives more protection than the brace then it would make a nice insurance investment. I think I might be interested in one my self. How many brands are there and where can I find them?

We run it on our SS bike(Runs 7.90's at 190 MPH) and several other 400 HP bikes...we also run DID Chains.. they don't break if u keep them tensioned right, and the bracket is indeed stronger than the stock cover. We have never seen a broken cover that had our bracket on it. Schnitz sells a few hundred a year for us.

Its fine, spend the $$$ to make yourself feel better, just don't rag on a proven product cause you don't think its good enough for your 170 HP street machine. Lots of folks buy them and we have never gotten one back broken, or had feedback of the stock cover breaking after it is applied.

Using it in a broken cover also works.. You can also replace the broken cover with another stock cover, it will break again unless you use this bracket.

Also, I have em for the 08, and I don't think one is available for the 08 yet(billet cover) it is substantially different form the Gen 1.

Both are good products and do what they are designed too, but overall the billet cover offers more protection in a comparable worse case situation (anything can happen). Since I ride cross country I prefer the billet case cover. If I were strictly a track guy on a budget I would probably go with the light weight case protector. Pic your poison!!

We run it on our SS bike(Runs 7.90's at 190 MPH) and several other 400 HP bikes...we also run DID Chains.. they don't break if u keep them tensioned right, and the bracket is indeed stronger than the stock cover. We have never seen a broken cover that had our bracket on it. Schnitz sells a few hundred a year for us.

Its fine, spend the $$$ to make yourself feel better, just don't rag on a proven product cause you don't think its good enough for your 170 HP street machine. Lots of folks buy them and we have never gotten one back broken, or had feedback of the stock cover breaking after it is applied.

Using it in a broken cover also works.. You can also replace the broken cover with another stock cover, it will break again unless you use this bracket.

Also, I have em for the 08, and I don't think one is available for the 08 yet(billet cover) it is substantially different form the Gen 1.
don't know too many guys who have owned or dealt with more busas than me....with that said, I have never personally broken a stock sprocket cover even on my entry level turbo bikes with upgraded springs. So the statement that it will break again, well...dunno. Never broke one personally. I guess its like the statement about the sliders that everyone drops their bike....never done that either.

Well, the original one failed for the guy (original poster), so they do fail. Johnny Turbo(Owner of Exoticycle, my boss) has had them fail on him and leave him stranded. I'm just trying ti help guys out and give them another option than high dollar parts them may or may not need. I guess I can tool up and make complete covers(maybe for the 08), but the bracket solves the problem.

Well, the original one failed for the guy (original poster), so they do fail. Johnny Turbo(Owner of Exoticycle, my boss) has had them fail on him and leave him stranded. I'm just trying ti help guys out and give them another option than high dollar parts them may or may not need. I guess I can tool up and make complete covers(maybe for the 08), but the bracket solves the problem.
you've got a PM.
easybutton.png

If you use the OEM slave cylinder seal and a 2 pieces of 3/4" rubber with the billet cover, you can keep the chain gunk off your push rod.
I would love to get more detailed info about this 3/4" rubber deal, how to do it, pics, etc...

I have a billet cover on order from Canadian Mike and I would like to keep thepush rod clean.

Back