Front Sprocket cover stuck

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
I need to get the front sprocket cover off to inspect the sprocket. I have all the little silver bolts out, it seems to be stuck. Please help ASAP..

Don

Did you get this straight? Call Johnny?
lurk.gif

Don, you taken care of on this or what?

did you rock it back and forth up and down?be sure very bottom rear bolt is out.

Ok, I got it off. I didn't find what I was hoping to find. Anyway, tomorrow will tell if I have a tranny problem (probably) or it is a map issue (probably not). The upside is that if it is a tranny problem, the repair will include a 1397 kit, Stage 1 cams and headwork. Since you have to pull the engine and crack the case to do the gears, might as well make the trip worth while.

Don

(usn04limited @ Oct. 29 2006,20:59) Ok, I got it off.  I didn't find what I was hoping to find.  Anyway, tomorrow will tell if I have a tranny problem (probably) or it is a map issue (probably not).  The upside is that if it is a tranny problem, the repair will include a 1397 kit, Stage 1 cams and headwork.  Since you have to pull the engine and crack the case to do the gears, might as well make the trip worth while.

Don
You won't be sorry....

(ks-waterbug @ Oct. 30 2006,05:55)
(usn04limited @ Oct. 29 2006,20:59) Ok, I got it off. I didn't find what I was hoping to find. Anyway, tomorrow will tell if I have a tranny problem (probably) or it is a map issue (probably not). The upside is that if it is a tranny problem, the repair will include a 1397 kit, Stage 1 cams and headwork. Since you have to pull the engine and crack the case to do the gears, might as well make the trip worth while.

Don
You won't be sorry....
Bug,
I know. If that is the case I am looking forward to the power. I am going to go with a lower compression than you so that I can run low or mid grade fuel. You saw first hand how hard it can be to find 93 octane down here.

If it comes to that I will probably just take the bike down to the Cheeseman drop it off and pick it up when he is done.

I will find out later today whether it is the map or not. I am going to unplug the PC and run the bike to see if the stutter is still there. I thought about just loading a zero map, but if I disconnect it then that takes the PC out of the equation.

Projekt,
I am guessing with the big bore kit, cams, headwork, the tranny plus labor, if I had to guess, between $4000 and $6000, just guessing tho.

Don

I rode Don's bike yesterday afternoon....I'm telling ya, the problem he speaks of is almost scary....first is fine but when you hit it hard in second at about 7000 its like it is either shutting off for a fraction of a second or almost like it skips a tooth somewhere. It will scare the hell out of you if you don't know it's coming. Happens in no other gear but second......of course my expert advise to him was "don't ride in second gear"
tounge.gif

Back