Sprocket cover cracked

BEERMONEY

Registered
So I searched the forums trying to find out what’s the deal with my front sprocket cover cracking twice now. Just did a fresh rebuild following the pdf step by step and even had the power copy. Twice now my sprocket cover has broken such to the point I’m going to order a billet one. 03 busa. Anybody have any information of what exactly is causing this sprocket cover to crack so easily? The brand new one literally crack the back half by the speedo pick up within 2 miles. And the first one cracked up by the pushrod. Any help would be appreciated!

So I searched the forums trying to find out what’s the deal with my front sprocket cover cracking twice now. Just did a fresh rebuild following the pdf step by step and even had the power copy. Twice now my sprocket cover has broken such to the point I’m going to order a billet one. 03 busa. Anybody have any information of what exactly is causing this sprocket cover to crack so easily? The brand new one literally crack the back half by the speedo pick up within 2 miles. And the first one cracked up by the pushrod. Any help would be appreciated!
Hi. Is the bike stock? Does it have a clutch mod with header springs? That will make it crack.

It happened to my 03 once. No particular idea why. It was just cracked. I just thought it was a failed casting or something. Now you've had 2. So now I'm curious.

Mine is stone stock. Never been cracked open.

I know there was a billet one being produced on the aftermarket. Don't know if that's still out there.

Last edited:
and @BEERMONEY

jepp stronger clutch springs at the gen1´ - the only reason i know that can cause the cover cracking .

to avoid that this is THE solution .
So here’s the pictures, as stated first one cracked by the front, here’s the second brand new part now @Berlin Germany @sixpack577 @michael parris heuberger

IMG_0566.jpeg

IMG_0567.jpeg

easy peasy, $20.00
Had this setup for years even HIGH RPM with lots of stage 1 lockup weight, pulling clutch at Loring at 10k+ rpm
didn't break cover

someone who's been boned from this site sent me a PMR cover for free that doesn't need a support

Back