Swapping sprocket cover.

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
I'm going to swap out my cracked sprocket cover in the morning and wanted to know in advance if I'm going to have to bleed the clutch when I'm done.

The stock one cracked when I installed Brock's clutch cushion mod and have since purchased a brace. I thought about getting a billet cover but since I already have the brace, I might as well had gotten an OEM cover.

Anyways ... thanks in advance.

Yup.

--Wag--
sad.gif

Dang!

I've done it before and hoped I'd never have to do it again.

The clutch is pretty easy to bleed. It's right there, easily accessible.

I've never used one, but I'm betting a bleeder kit would make it a WHOLE lot easier!

--Wag--

You might want to invest in a clutch slave cylinder support for that cover. It is a brace that presses against the slave cylinder and prevents it from flexing underload. I installed stiffer springs and had mine crack. When I pulled in on the clutch I could see it move back and the bike would pull forward when I bump the throttle. I kept my cracked cover on and bought a brace made by exotic cycles. Set me back around 90 bucks but it works with a cover that has been cracked and you will never have to worry about it again.

You might want to invest in a clutch slave cylinder support for that cover.  It is a brace that presses against the slave cylinder and prevents it from flexing underload.  I installed stiffer springs and had mine crack.  When I pulled in on the clutch I could see it move back and the bike would pull forward when I bump the throttle.  I kept my cracked cover on and bought a brace made by exotic cycles.  Set me back around 90 bucks but it works with a cover that has been cracked and you will never have to worry about it again.
I have the same one. I've been using it and it works great, but I saw an OEM replacement one for a good price and decided to replace the cracked one. I'll still utilize the brace though.

DVC00249.JPG

Actually, you are better off to just replace the whole thing with a billet cover....
I got a Canadian Mike one on mine.

Yup, that bracket is made by me personally..:) it will make a broken cover workable and doesn't need replacing. No need for a billet cover., you cant see it so bling factor isn't there..:)

PM me Ill give u a good price on one. I have them for 08 Busa also.

Yup, that bracket is made by me personally..:) it will make a broken cover workable and doesn't need replacing. No need for a billet cover., you cant see it so bling factor isn't there..:)

So rather than fix it you make it "workable"?

Sorry but the billet covers are well worth the extra cash.

So rather than fix it you make it "workable"?

Sorry but the billet covers are well worth the extra cash.
looking at the schematic of the setup, it looks like this part will take all the load off the broken tab. Perfect fix? no but sure beats buying a high dollar cover...

Even better release the pressure off the slave before cranking it down in the first place
smile.gif

Use it before it cracks and it will never crack...no high dollar parts needed(unless u like to spend $$$ on bling parts no one can see).

Why pay all that cash for a billet cover that does the same as the brace unless it has some feature that protects the case from a broken chain then yeah. Otherwise I'd just go with the brace.  Not the pressure that is on it when cranking it down.  It is just a weak spot with no support in the first place.

Because if your chain snaps it won't save your water pump or clutch push rod. When the rod snaps thats your ass and you will need going into the motor to retrieve the other half of the rod.

Pay now or pay more later, a lot more!!

Back