Sprocket Cover

GSXRFANN

FLUNKIE
Donating Member
Registered
My sprocket cover is broken. What is the sensor that is mounted on the cover? Can it cause the bike to run different if it isn't connected?
I may be answering my own question here but my bike slowed down 2 tenths in the 1/8. Then I found the cover was cracked and used the old "red-neck repair" (duct tape) and the bike picked back up. Am I just crazy, or does this affect performance?

Anyone have any used sprocket covers to fit an 03?:cussing:

The sessor on the front sprocket cover is your speed sensor. If the sensor is still properly attached it should still work correctly. Sounds like your eventually going to have to replace the cover though.

Well, atleast I know that I am not crazy!! Thanks Copper!! I may try to use some epoxy on the broken one till I can come across a used one.

Try gsxr.com, I'll bet someone on there has one. Tons of people on there with a lot of GSXR experience and I'll bet some there will have one if you can't fine one here. I have an 07 750, but I don't have a spare cover...

Keep in mind that if it is broken in the right place, your clutch slave may not operate properly. Meaning it will "flex" and not give you the right amount of push on the pushrod of the clutch.

get yourself a billet cover.... Hey brendan make me a billet cover oh mighty billet master!

I have one.
$40 plus shipping.
PM me for any details.

Mike A

DSC09900.JPG

Keep in mind that if it is broken in the right place, your clutch slave may not operate properly. Meaning it will "flex" and not give you the right amount of push on the pushrod of the clutch.

Cool, Thanks for the help. I do have one of those clutch mod brackets on there. I am thinking a rock got thrown around in there at the track. The clutch seems to be operating great, so I am hoping there is no damage there.

I have one.
$40 plus shipping.
PM me for any details.

Mike A

Thanks for the offer. If you still have it in a few weeks, I may get it from you. I just can't afford it right now. I am going to win next weekend (LOL), so I may be able to get it then..LOL!!

My 02 (stock) has gone through 2 sprocket covers due to cracking. Why do these break so frequently and why hasn't Suzuki ever came out with a recall or fix other than forking out big $$ for a billet replacement?

Back