Help!  Need a Sprocket Cover!

omslaw

Michelle owns my Busa
Staff member
Administrator
Semi came into town today and spent the day helping GSXcite out with his new trailer. Later this evening they made a trip out to my place and graciously helped me out reinstalling the motor.

Hal (GSXcite) was installing the sprocket cover. He was testing the clutch and both he and Colen (Semi) noticed the cover moving when the clutch lever was pulled. Upon closer inspection we found a crack in the cover - looks like it's been there a while!
crazy.gif

crack.jpg

Anyway - I'm so close to getting the bike back together and now this! Does anyone have a spare sprocket cover lying around? I'd love to go billet, but not sure I can swing that right now.

Please let me know.

PS - here's Semi on the left and GSXcite on the right - Thanks for helping out, guys!
beerchug.gif

semigsxcite.jpg

Omar - I can't believe that I gave mine away! I will check man - I am sorry - but glad you found the crack!

Was glad to help out bud! Bummer that the cover was cracked, but glad we found it before you got the whole bike back together. I'm sure someone out there has one.

(GSXcite @ Mar. 21 2007,23:11) I sent a PM to smokin busa in Plattsburg, he may have one.
Thanks, Hal!

Hopefully someone will have one for cheap...

(Jynx @ Mar. 21 2007,22:50) FYI that billet covers can be had for 140 bucks. ;-)
I know - but with all the $$ that I just spent on getting the motor running - I really can't do all that at this time.
sad.gif

Omar,

That crack is a very common problem. Many companies offer a support so it dosent happen again.

(vman1300 @ Mar. 22 2007,05:23) Omar,

That crack is a very common problem. Many companies offer a support so it dosent happen again.
Thanks. I may have to look in to getting one - or see if I can fabricate something myself.

(GoldenChild @ Mar. 21 2007,23:34) Pm me your address and it will go in the mail tomorrow..
GC - thank you VERY much!
beerchug.gif

The members here are just awesome!

more than happy to help you out
beerchug.gif
can't wait to see you back up and splitting the wind...it was good to meet you and i'm ready to hit the Gap bro...see you soon

I just replaced mine with a billet woodcraft and I have the stocker.  It has a small "rub" when the bike layed over after taking it off the stand and forgot to put the kickstand back down.  The cover and mirror cover were the only things to get scraped, I lucked out on that one.  

I want to get rid of it just for shipping costs.  PM if you are interested and I can send pics too.

Back