Found my bike like this when I woke up....

Where are you located?

I am in Defiance Ohio. Used to live in Chicago (where I NEVER had problems with my bike) and then moved out here.

For those who asked, I live in a double duplex (two apartments per floor {a quad-plex????}) and do not have a garage. Just moved from across town due to people at my last place messing with my bike. Now I live on the same block as the police station. The only place to park is a small gravel strip right in front of the place. Going to move to the lower unit once those people leave so I can have a covered porch, and just roll my bike inside at night :laugh:

I was angry this morning, but realized that if I had caught the individual in the act, my conversation with the police would have been very different :firing: and as long as the insurance company covers it, I will just fix it and call it a day....

.....and put claymores by it.....

-THE MENACE

psycho ex-girlfriend/wife? psycho ex-boyfriend/husband of current partner? I guess the possibilities are endless?

What is wrong with people.

Man I would be so angry if that happened to me, I'd be ranting for months.

man that stinks, but your insurance will cover it. However, if you tell them it was vandalized then it may be considered collision. State farm told me that anytime a motorcycle collides with the ground it is a collision. the only exception is if wind knocked it over. Ask me how i know this about state farm? I argued and argued with them about the collision because my bike fell over on its own accord with no help from anybody. the bike collided with the ground, thus it is a collision. Your state may have different laws that protect you better, but KS has terrible laws in regards to insurance.

Good Luck, and contact justin at honda east for parts. He will get you OEM parts for a fraction of the price that anybody else can. Also his customer service is the best there is.

sorry for the loss

Adjuster is coming by in the next two days. Lady on the phone told me if someone knocked it over it was vandalism.

Any advice? First time dealing with these guys in Ohio.

-THE MENACE

comp covers someone pushing the bike over??? I wouldn't even bring that up unless you have proof that it was pushed. Comp covers acts of God...like the wind blowing it over.
Sorry this happened, and it should be a covered comprehensive loss. Decide on your story and stick to it as comprehensive is a named peril coverage. vandalism and wind damage should both be covered, but you have to "know" what did it, especially on the phone. It can be the difference between them sending someone out to determine if it is covered vs. sending someone to pay for repairs. Insurance companies seem to dislike comprehensive claims on bikes for some reason and a surprising number of claims end up handled as collisions. Good luck!

I tell ya man people just do not respect anything anymore. Sometimes people just do things just to do it. I sure hope you find out who done it.

I don't understand why people would spend that much money on a toy to park it outside all the time. Get a garage first and then buy your dream bike to keep it safe inside... :beerchug:

I have a new question for you guys...is it likely anything else was damaged when the bike was pushed over, other than the fairings/etc? Anything to check? Bike rode and handled the same afterwards.

- THE MENACE

UPDATE: I expected a nightmare with state farm and instead got great service. Adjuster came out today and said the estimate was in line with what is expected, and check is coming in the mail!!! I am very pleased with the service of state farm. Fixed bike, here we come!

-THE MENACE

UPDATE: I expected a nightmare with state farm and instead got great service. Adjuster came out today and said the estimate was in line with what is expected, and check is coming in the mail!!! I am very pleased with the service of state farm. Fixed bike, here we come!

-THE MENACE

Glad to hear it worked out for you. My bike was broken in half, but they still had to send someone to see if was totaled. :laugh:

That definitely sucks, but glad the insurance is taking care of if for you.

Back